Home Precious Metals
Options

Gold Eagles

Hello everybody,

New member here. Was considering heading to my LCS and trying to score a couple of gold eagles tomorrow. With all the silver craziness lately are you seeing any problems trickle over to gold being out of stock also?

Comments

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Plenty of gold (and silver) available here in The Commonwealth. No shortage here. GD LCK!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,604 ✭✭✭✭✭

I dont have any silver becuase I sell at close to spot, but the other shops where the price is sky high have plenty of silver and gold

• Options
    MilesWaitsMilesWaits Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey new member here, worst case scenario, you get to hang out in a coin shop!

Now riding the swell in PM's and surf.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChewliesGum... Welcome aboard....Gold has been mellow lately, even dipping a bit.... That being said, in today's economic world, anything can happen. Good luck, Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,381 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum, Chewlies.

Do some reasonable diligence on pricing before you buy. Your LCS may give you a good price, or maybe not. Check Apmex, DBS Coin, Pinehurst Coins, Aydins Coins, Scotsman Coins and others. Local is somewhat of an advantage as long as the coins can be verified.

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options

Thanks guys. Just got back a few hours ago. He had tons of stuff available. Was $10 over on ASEs and $8 over on generic. Did walk out with what I wanted.

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

only $10?

glad you hit gold.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

I know right. He was wall to wall silver. Lots of people looking. Not many buying that I saw.

• Options
    blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad you chose gold over the gutter metal HODL!

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.

• Options

@blitzdude said:

Thanks man. I will be adding more silver in the future. Just seems like the smart play to sit on the sidelines for now and let this thing shake out.

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10, 2021 4:02PM

@blitzdude said:

Like "curbside shopping" on trash day.
    You can do it, but don't tell anyone. ;)

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

10 bucks? Nice!

• Options

Guess I should clarify. He was $10 over spot on silver eagles. I did not score these for $10 over spot.