Home PCGS Set Registry Forum
Options

Hey! Here's a great idea!

ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 6, 2021 11:00AM in PCGS Set Registry Forum

If you get request to remove a cert you no longer own from your registry set..... REMOVE IT.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

Comments

• Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭✭✭

I know it's early, but post of the day. I get so frustrated with people who can't take the time to remove a coin THAT'S NO LONGER THERES.

• Options

It's one thing to request removal and they comply. Where I get frustrated is having to request removal, wait the 3 days ( if it's not a weekend ) then take pics etc.etc.

• Options

@Tom147 said:
    It's one thing to request removal and they comply. Where I get frustrated is having to request removal, wait the 3 days ( if it's not a weekend ) then take pics etc.etc.

Yup. Did all that. Waiting for the next business day for PCGS to review it.

• Options

ms70, over the last 2 years or so I've had to do this on 70 coins or so. Frustrating. These are coins from multiple sources. I've harped on this numerous times on this forum. I absolutely think PCGS is the best TPG service. The only complaint I have is this issue. FIX IT. The rules state you must remove your coins from your inventory when requested. After 3 business days, If you don't, you risk having your sets removed from the Registry. Follow through with this and maybe people will get the message after having sets removed.

• Options
    WAYNEASWAYNEAS Posts: 6,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

Went thru this again just this past week. After trying to enter a new coin into my registry set, I got the "coin is registered in another person's set" message. So I send the seller an email to remove it and his reply was that he is not a member of PCGS and has no PCGS inventory recorded. He explained that he was a bulk buyer and the coin was a part of a current buy with the prior owner unknown (who by the way also did not respond to my please remove this coin from your set... thru PCGS).
    So I do the "notify set registry" and attached the pics. They removed the coin in 2 days time which was fast for them.
    The coin is a 2019 -W Frank Church quarter signed by Emily S. Damstra. Taking pictures is not a problem for me as I do it to all of my purchases.
    In this case they should remove all of the original sellers inventory. Here I feel that he was to busy to remove any of his registered coins because he sold them in bulk to another seller and could not be bothered to do so.
    For the sellers who fail to remove coins, I feel that the second time that they fail to do so that their entire inventory be removed and on the third failure, they are suspended from PCGS for at least 6 months. I know that the suspended seller will re-register under another name but look at all the work they will have to put in to get them back into inventory. :)
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

WAYNEAS, I couldn't be any more supportive of this. Not knowing the number of coins the original owner had, this easily could cause hundreds of buyers to go through what you had to do. This matter needs addressed by our hosts.
    As I've been told PCGS monitors this forum, and I've also been told the listen to members and want to make the Registry and this forum better. Well here's their chance. This has been a problem for far to long.

• Options
    SIowhandSIowhand Posts: 319 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe they are being blocked from the site by cloud fare.

• Options

@SIowhand said:

This has been a problem long before the cloudfare became an issue.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 2:31PM

@SIowhand said:

That cloudflare thing has got to go. I'm tired of having to clear all the browsing data & cookies and then have to sign back into everything else I need to be signed in on just to get into the registry.

• Options
    edited February 8, 2021 2:45PM

I submitted the request & photos to PCGS on Friday evening and just came home to see they took care of it. So it was less than one business day once submitted. That was nice.

• Options
    CocoinutCocoinut Posts: 2,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happens if someone with many registry sets passes away, and the heirs have no knowledge of coins or the existence of the registry?

Countdown to completion of my Mercury Set: 2 coins. My growing Lincoln Set: Finally completed!
  • Options

Cocoinut, I understand things like that happen, unfortunately. But, I have instances of purchasing from the same seller over the course of 18 months and I still get no response from them as far as release from their inventory. So much so that I will not purchase from him again.

• Options
    JonJetJonJet Posts: 524 ✭✭✭
    edited February 8, 2021 10:08PM

As far as PCGS is concerned...

The only critical date is 5PM on the last day to submit before Annual Awards

Anything else can wait thru the requirements to get the coin released by the process

We're 9 weeks into 2021...and the 2020 Proof Set is not even a reality yet

No Rush...the Big Dogs who take Big Bites from the Big Dogs Table at the top of most Set Registry ranking pages get an extra year to add their coins...so You should be thankful for a process that only takes 3 business days

My 1957-2022 Proof Set Collection Has Been Sold

• Options

@Cocoinut said:
    What happens if someone with many registry sets passes away, and the heirs have no knowledge of coins or the existence of the registry?

IMO
    For a passed on collector and their sets still being in the registry, removing the entire set from the inventory would only help the future buyers as if they need to request a certification number removal, the new owners are selling the coins be it one, two or in mass at a time. There is no harm to the new owners as they "have no knowledge of the existence of the registry". They still have the coins and still own them.
    Wayne ;)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@JonJet said:

...so You should be thankful for a process that only takes 3 business days.
    >
    The 3 day turnaround is only the time allotted for PCGS to fix your request.
    The first request must be sent directly to the owner who failed to remove the cert# from their inventory. The seller has 3, full, business days which does not include Saturday and Sunday to do so.
    >
    In my history, I receive the coin(s) 5-10 days after the seller ships. I usually get the coin on a Wednesday or Thursday. I notify the seller who now has up to Monday or Tuesday of the next week to release the cert. When he does not do what he should have done in the first place, I have to notify PCGS registry on Wednesday or Thursday and I am required to add the coin info along with pictures. So again it can take up to three more business days for PCGS to resolve the issue. They too have the 3 full business days to do so. If they (PCGS) does not, then I have to play phone tag until I can get a sympathetic CSR to fix my problem. So as you can see the process can actually run into the 7 -14 days for resolution and become very frustrating.
    Next time this happens to you(which I hope doesn't), tell us how long it takes for you to get the desired results.
    >
    "We're 9 weeks into 2021...and the 2020 Proof Set is not even a reality yet"
    >
    As for new 2020 sets not yet in existence, we are all in that boat. When they do publish the set, we all can add our coins with no delays.
    I have entered all of my current 2020 coins into my desired pre-existing sets. I contacted the Set Registry directly and they entered them for me. A hassle yes but very doable.
    I too have requested that the 2020 proof set be added as I have many coins to be added, but remember the US Mint has not released all the 2020 coins that are required for this set in the fiscal year 2020. I am still trying to get the S.C. innovation reverse dollar in proof. It was just released on February 2nd 2021.It will probably be the 2nd week of March before I can acquire one.

Note:

Having a #1 set to stay listed in the first slot position, does not do so by being the first to achieve 100% completion but by the day you started it. So with all coins graded PR70, you get a #1 set listing but it can end up on page 2 or 3 of the listings as many collectors can and will have a #1 set. If I started my set on January 1 2020 and you started yours on January 2, 2020, with all else being equal, my set will always appear above your set.
    Best to you and your endeavors.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options
    edited February 9, 2021 10:19AM

@WAYNEAS
    And I disagree to no avail that simply starting the race to completion guarantees a first-place finish

Just because You might start a day earlier doesn't mean Your set might be complete before Mine - but You get guaranteed a spot above Mine even if You take YEARS to get to 100% PR70

What other competition allows that?

• Options
    smalltimesmalltime Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

@ms70 said:
    If you get request to remove a cert you no longer own from your registry set..... REMOVE IT.

I got a request about 10 days ago to remove I coin I still own. I refused to do it cause it is still mine and has never been for sale. Then I sent an email to PCGS with pictures of the coin to prove I own it. Never heard another word.

• Options

smalltime, same thing has happened to me 4 times. I simply send a picture, same as sending the picture saying I have a coin in my possession that the previous owner will not release. I've been told by PCGS CSR it's usually a case of mistaken number entered.

• Options

@JonJet said:
    @WAYNEAS
    And I disagree to no avail that simply starting the race to completion guarantees a first-place finish

Just because You might start a day earlier doesn't mean Your set might be complete before Mine - but You get guaranteed a spot above Mine even if You take YEARS to get to 100% PR70

I agree with you but I did not make the rules. In olden days, I spent extra to get the first 100% completed set. Had it listed in the first slot, page 1. That's when I found out the truth as a set that was started prior to mine bumped my set into the number 2 slot. It all has been down hill from there. A lesson learned and money saved.
    Wayne

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@smalltime said:

@ms70 said:

I got a request about 10 days ago to remove I coin I still own. I refused to do it cause it is still mine and has never been for sale. Then I sent an email to PCGS with pictures of the coin to prove I own it. Never heard another word.

I have had the same issue with me getting 7 or 8 requests to remove a coin by the same "New Owner".
    I have posting here about my issues with that fiasco. Finally had to call the Registry Set and get a CSR to fix my issue which took a couple of days and recalls. Registry report finding, requester needs glasses and mistook the cert number that he actually had in hand.
    It is easier for me to deny releases as I don't sell coins but only collect them. ;)

Kennedys are my quest...

• Options

@WAYNEAS said:

@JonJet said:
    @WAYNEAS

I agree with you but I did not make the rules. In olden days, I spent extra to get the first 100% completed set. Had it listed in the first slot, page 1. That's when I found out the truth as a set that was started prior to mine bumped my set into the number 2 slot. It all has been down hill from there. A lesson learned and money saved.
    Wayne

I'd love to have PCGS making NASCAR rules...

So Math Kenseth and Jimmy Johnson could go back to tracks where they we wrecked and finish those races and get the trophy !!