Home Sports Talk

Super Bowl plans?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any special plans for the huge game, or are you just going to watch it at home?

Comments

• craig44craig44 Posts: 11,015 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always watch at home. I hate to watch with non fans because they want to talk about unimportant things like life, kids, work etc. I NEED to focus on the game.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,750 ✭✭✭✭✭

Going to watch it at home alone. I’ll be making BBQ steak tips subs and a pile of fried chicken to eat during the game. After all of that food, i’ll either fall asleep into a blissful coma if Brady wins or suffer in misery on the toilet all night with a loss. Can’t wait for the game :p

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be watching at home as well, on my personal TV. My wife has her own tv and I have my own TV. I used to watch the Super Bowl with my wife, but durung the commercials, she would constantly badger me to change the channel for a few minutes to watch one of her shows. I refuse to be harassed like that during the biggest game of the year. I don't care about what's happening on "The Bachelor"!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Home alone thank goodness. Covid is still running rampant here. Normally we have to go out and watch it with so many non sports fans. There have been very few positives of the pandemic but this is one of them. I'll be boarding up my house on Saturday and haven't fed the alligators in the moat since Tuesday. Getting ready for the game

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did it at home last year with the non-fan wife, did crock pot baby back ribs and some local brew (Monkey Wrench Brewing, good stuff) so that was nice but it's absolutely boring to watch with her.

Methinks I might hit the bar for the game and a cigar this year. Will have lots of squares to keep up with and lots of friends out so that is option 1. Option 2 is home and maybe invite a couple people over, not sure on that though.

Ah. This thread is starting to bring up memories of Super Bowl's in the past. I remember Seahawks vs Broncos Super Bowl a few years back, before all of this covid garbage. I was at a big Super Bowl party, and got wasted. I was on foot, so I walked home and on the way back, I tried to take a short cut through a little wooded area and it was dark and I got tangled up in a patch of bryers. My pants and shirt got ripped up pretty bad. Great memories.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you're sitting on the couch enjoying the Super Bowl with some cold ones and delicious snacks, but then your wife comes out from the kitchen screaming at you...what did you do wrong?

You made the chain too long.

• ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭

Planning on KC -3............ what a great SB it could be...If Tom won another one I wouldn't feel too shabby long a couple Bowman Chrome RC's ..... Even if he loses I think he has shaken the Patriot stigma that it was 100% system over his talent....I don't think too many folks really bought that...but to each his own. Enjoy it fellas!

edited February 4, 2021 10:51AM

@stevek said:
    If you're sitting on the couch enjoying the Super Bowl with some cold ones and delicious snacks, but then your wife comes out from the kitchen screaming at you...what did you do wrong?

You made the chain too long.

No, not this time. I will be in a different room than my wife, I'll be calling my own shots. I'll have beer, and a radio, and the Super Bowl on TV. And as an added measure, I will be using my family repellant spray. It guarantees 6 hours of protection!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 4, 2021 11:21AM

@DrBuster said:
    Did it at home last year with the non-fan wife, did crock pot baby back ribs

>

We are doing the same this year and then we finish on the grill. I've been Keto for over a year now and this is one of the treats I can have Zero guilt. Been gluten free for years so with combining those two life styles I have to take advantage where I can. Get in my tummy ribs

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Here you go Mark, last years SB ribs with a GA local bbq apple cinnamon sauce.

edited February 4, 2021 1:32PM

Of course if I run out of beer, I'll have to walk up to the store and pick up another 12 pack, and that could be a problem if I'm too wasted. I still remember what happened last time I went to the store toasted, it was all captured on the store video tape.

And then I tried to leave the store, and almost made it.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Ah. This thread is starting to bring up memories of Super Bowl's in the past. I remember Seahawks vs Broncos Super Bowl a few years back, before all of this covid garbage. I was at a big Super Bowl party, and got wasted. I was on foot, so I walked home and on the way back, I tried to take a short cut through a little wooded area and it was dark and I got tangled up in a patch of bryers. My pants and shirt got ripped up pretty bad. Great memories.

Did things start to get squatchy at all in the wooded area?
    I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm still thinking of the camping thread when you go to Green Mountain. :p
    I have Bigfoot on the brain. I miss the show 'Finding Bigfoot'. They never seemed to actually find bigfoot
    but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

watching it at home with a couple of other "safe" family members. we're having Stir Fry and I'm making a Key Lime Pie that'll roll your socks down!! :p

@Darin said:

@doubledragon said:

Did things start to get squatchy at all in the wooded area?
    I'm sorry I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm still thinking of the camping thread when you go to Green Mountain. :p
    I have Bigfoot on the brain. I miss the show 'Finding Bigfoot'. They never seemed to actually find bigfoot
    but it wasn't for a lack of trying.

I was so wasted that night, that if I ran into a bigfoot, I wouldn't have known it. I probably would have asked him to help me out of the bryer patch. 😂😂

• BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,832 ✭✭✭✭✭

Stay home and watch it on TV. It’s local, but with the pandemic, I don’t do much more than go to the food store and post office. My wife and I went to the food store this morning. That was our “big event.” She’s going crazy; I am coping with help of the coin blogs and research projects.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • TiborTibor Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DrBuster said:
    Did it at home last year with the non-fan wife, did crock pot baby back ribs and some local brew (Monkey Wrench Brewing, good stuff) so that was nice but it's absolutely boring to watch with her.

Methinks I might hit the bar for the game and a cigar this year. Will have lots of squares to keep up with and lots of friends out so that is option 1. Option 2 is home and maybe invite a couple people over, not sure on that though.

If you go with Option 2 just text me. I'll bring beer and cigars. :D

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a big day for me, because a week from the SB I get my second Covid shot at Disneyland. I may celebrate by ordering at In n Out drive through, without a mask.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,799 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be watching at home. I was thinking ahead and took a week's vacation time next week
    so don't have to worry about getting up early Monday.
    I'm going to eat a light lunch and eat supper after the Super Bowl since I won't have an appetite during
    the game with the Chiefs playing.

Who am I kidding, I'll miss the whole game. You know my bedtime is at 4:30 p.m.

edited February 4, 2021 6:14PM

Oh my goodness, it's 8:14 p.m. right now. I'm up late tonight!

I remember this start to the Colts vs Bears Super Bowl.

I'm about to go to Wal-Mart. It's fish and potato day.

• zippcityzippcity Posts: 901 ✭✭✭✭

Early morning round of golf / crappie fishing , early afternoon billiards tournament at the local VFW, not sure what's on the menu but i'm sure it will be good. Oh, the game , it will probably be on.

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,327 ✭✭✭

Wife & I have been going to a friends house for 21 years. This year will be socially distant of course. But going out will kind of suck because the high is 7 below and wind chills are supposed to be in the 40 below range.

• coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good night to go bowling.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 5, 2021 6:52AM

Home in front of the new audio/ video system. Dinner plans are whatever we decide on. Usually a pepperoni/crackers/cheese platter to snack on. Jumbo shrimp as an appetizer and filet mignon and a baked potato. Or maybe just a pizza.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,189 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m probably going to hang out by myself and watch it, Super Bowl party’s are for when the Pats are in it. My girlfriend’s son 10th birthday party is on for the day so a the house will get turned upside down, there will be a few stragglers left by game time but my downstairs man town WILL be cleared out come game time. I’m doing security so it will be nice and quiet 👍👍