Home Precious Metals
Options

Who bought silver last March and sold on Monday?

I have never posted, and left very few comments since being a member here. Mostly a "troll" just gathering information from this wonderful platform. I've been stacking and selling silver and some gold since the 80's. Buying on the dips, then selling off up to 75% of my stack at times. One of my best "hits" was buying back in 08, (about $10 with the premium), and selling almost everything in 11 at the peak. (High 40's). Bought quite a bit last March at about $15 with the premium, and just sold at $29+ on Monday. Wondering if anyone else does this? Or do you just keep stacking? Thanks for your input and the wealth of knowledge shared here. Kevin

Comments

• Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

Welcome Kevin

I bought late last spring, but sold most last fall. That was paper. I used to exchange phyz gold/silver based on GS ratio. I'm not comfortable doing that where I currently reside.

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
    edited February 3, 2021 5:43PM

Well... not last spring, but I bought 2 silver monster boxes in the summer of 2018 for $17,000, and sold one for 17000 cash over the weekend in the frenzy. I now have one pure profit monster box. Silver is always a poor investment.

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@dennis1219 said:
    Well... not last spring, but I bought 2 silver monster boxes in the summer of 2018 for $17,000, and sold one for 17000 cash over the weekend in the frenzy. I now have one pure profit monster box. Silver is always a poor investment.

It sounds like you've done well with silver!

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

when it plunged I was looking but not finding

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 8,008 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dennis1219 said:

Silver may not be a good "investment".
    But it can be a great "speculation".

• Options

Thank you fellas. I appreciate the comments. @ Dennis, nice score! I also purchased a monster box, and several rolls of ASE's back in 18. But was a little late on the dip and paid a little over 9k for the box. I still have them though. I probably should have sold like you did!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@KSK ...Welcome aboard...Nice moves with the silver. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forums! :)

• Options
    drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

@KSK said:
    Thank you fellas. I appreciate the comments. @ Dennis, nice score! I also purchased a monster box, and several rolls of ASE's back in 18. But was a little late on the dip and paid a little over 9k for the box. I still have them though. I probably should have sold like you did!

I don't think you made a mistake by not selling. There will be plenty of good opportunities to sell your silver in the next couple of years!

• Options

Thank you for the welcome guys. I respect your input and appreciate your kind words. Kevin

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought around March, $15/oz and am still holding. >:)

• Options
    AzurescensAzurescens Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭

I turned up my buying when first reports of covid were coming out in Nov 19. I got in on some 90% when people were being welded in their apartments and hazmat was fogging the city streets in China.

I poked around a little but took a few months to get serious buys, was in good by March, already wishing I had positioned better in Nov. So I went in hard. Got a lot of help and good deals from some good people here.

Some proof silver Halves I got in around $12 face are selling for $375 a roll. Lots of $8-$15 silver is catching $35-$40, I got a bulk of eagles around 20 and maxed choice maples at $25, haven't bought since. NGC maples lagged a little harder than I thought but it's probably because I bought some. Raw surged so okay.

Ammo has been good to us, too. 22LR was 03cpr in March and is 25cpr for federal, 9mm was 7cpr and is now 100cpr for garbage fmj, shotgun slugs are closing in on 5 dollars from 25cpr, and manufacturer sites are selling out in 3-8 minutes every day.