Home Sports Talk

Have you ever been camping?

2»

Comments

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:
    You see, this is the kind of thing I'm scared will happen. At the sports forum meet and greet, stevek gets lost in the wilderness and has an encounter with a bigfoot....

No problem, we'll just invite Bigfoot to our fireside poker game, with all the beer and pretzels he can consume, and he'll be very happy.

I would suggest we all muck to him some nut hands we have, so he goes away a winner, just in case Bigfoot doesn't like to lose. The last thing we need is a hissed off Bigfoot on our hands.

I'm out of the loop, what does that mean?

Muck means to throw away your hand.

Nut hand means it's the best hand that can't lose.

Nobody in a normal course of poker playing would ever muck (throw away) a nut hand (guaranteed winning hand)...that is unless they don't like money. B)

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:
    You see, this is the kind of thing I'm scared will happen. At the sports forum meet and greet, stevek gets lost in the wilderness and has an encounter with a bigfoot....

No problem, we'll just invite Bigfoot to our fireside poker game, with all the beer and pretzels he can consume, and he'll be very happy.

I would suggest we all muck to him some nut hands we have, so he goes away a winner, just in case Bigfoot doesn't like to lose. The last thing we need is a hissed off Bigfoot on our hands.

Nobody in a normal course of poker playing would ever muck (throw away) a nut hand (guaranteed winning hand)...that is unless they don't like money. B)

I inferred from context that it was poker jargon. nut hand 🤔😜🤣😬😥 Thanks.

• stevekstevek Posts: 28,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

Perkdog with his mastery of the game, would probably have us all walking home wearing barrels, including Bigfoot. :D

• bobbybakerivbobbybakeriv Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

B)

Frame 352!!!!! Love it!!!!! I have that same photo (sans the awesome auto). B)

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, here is the famous footage of bigfoot taken by Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin in 1967 at Bluff Creek.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fhpCqGPDHCM

And let me just tell you another thing about my camping adventures. I can't count how many times I had encounters with raccoons. They are always looking for food, and if they smell your food, they will stop at nothing to try and get it. I went for a hike one time, and left some food in my tent, and when I came back, there was a huge hole in my tent where a raccoon had clawed and chewed his way into my tent and he actually ate a bunch of my food. He carried some of my food off with him because there was bread and chips all over the place. I was angry and tried to track him down, and I found my empty Merita bread bag along the way. He made a huge hole in my tent and mosquitoes kept getting in my tent and biting me. I'm not kidding, they are relentless when it comes to food. Look at this raccoon that walked up and stole cat food and ran away. This just shows you how they behave when it comes to food.

• DarinDarin Posts: 6,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

DoubleD- Several years ago I came home from work late and fed the cats after dark,
    and so when they started eating I went to pick up one of them because I thought it
    was my favorite laid back tomcat. Lo and behold, as I held him up to my face I saw
    the face of a opossum staring back at me. I was rather startled and quickly dropped it.
    Sneaky little ":?#% I guess the varmint thought he could get away with it since it was dark outside. :o

@Darin said:
    DoubleD- Several years ago I came home from work late and fed the cats after dark,
    and so when they started eating I went to pick up one of them because I thought it
    was my favorite laid back tomcat. Lo and behold, as I held him up to my face I saw
    the face of a opossum staring back at me. I was rather startled and quickly dropped it.
    Sneaky little ":?#% I guess the varmint thought he could get away with it since it was dark outside. :o

Ah yes, possums. I've ran into these little hairy troublemakers as well. You have to be careful with them because they have teeth that can do some serious damage if they bite you. They might look cute at first site, but they're vicious beasts.

Cute isn't he.

Not so cute anymore!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Darin said:

That's funny. It reminds me of something that happened to me as a youngster. I thought I saw my cat (FiBi RIP) waiting on the porch, so I opened the door and said her name, thinking she'd come inside. She turned her head, and what I thought was my cat was a raccoon.

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

That's funny. It reminds me of something that happened to me as a youngster. I thought I saw my cat (FiBi RIP) waiting on the porch, so I opened the door and said her name, thinking she'd come inside. She turned her head, and what I thought was my cat was a raccoon.

Now, raccoons can put a hurting on you also. They have sharp teeth and vicious claws. Another animal that is crazy about food are squirrels. They'll stop at nothing to steal food from you. Heck, check this squirrel out, he just went right up in a store and stole a pack of peanut M&Ms.

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,192 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

Perkdog with his mastery of the game, would probably have us all walking home wearing barrels, including Bigfoot. :D

Steve one day I will fly you down to my villa in Costa Rica, the one I built from all my poker winnings. It’s fully stocked with all indemnities, no need for a sleeping bag 👍👍

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Costa Rica you say?? Been debating relocating actually.

So, we're in Colorado in the summer of 1996. I was a freshman in high school at the time and we go white water rafting. It was me, my uncle, my uncles wife, my friends Jeremy and Josh who were brothers, and their dad Dave. So there were six of us in the raft plus the guide, every raft had a paid guide that worked for the white water rafting tour company. So we're all going down the river, and we come up on a rough rapid. Our guide was wearing a pair of $200.00 Oakley sunglasses, and upon seeing the rapid, my friend Jeremy panicks, and bumps into the guide so hard that it inocks his $200.00 Oakleys off his face and into the fast flowing current of the river. They were gone forever. Jeremy was like a dog with his tail between his legs the rest of the day, and after the day was over, Jeremy's dad Dave wrote a $300.00 check and gave it to the guide. It was $200.00 for the glasses and a $100.00 tip for the tour down the river. I never forgot that. 😂😂