Home U.S. Coin Forum

Cool pick-up at antique mall.

Found this good looking guy and then found an s/s/s rpm-01 fs-501. Then picked up a cheap 1882 -S Morgan.

Comments

• ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice. I struck out at our local antique shop. I was tempted on a 1900-O and an 1899-O, but didn’t pull the trigger.

• dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 784 ✭✭✭✭

@ShaunBC5 said:
    Nice. I struck out at our local antique shop. I was tempted on a 1900-O and an 1899-O, but didn’t pull the trigger.

Thank you,
    There were more Morgan's but pretty banged up. Paid 30 for the quarter and 60 for the Morgan. The quarter is raw and the Morgan is sitting in an pci holder at 63

The lighting is so bad in our shop that it’s hard for me to coin shop there. Also, to actually hold the coin you have to find a worker and they only get one out at a time.
    I’m glad you had good luck.
    The 1900-O I was looking at had MS-63 on the 2x2 and I thought it was under graded...but the lighting and everything made me wonder if I was missing something.
    Tried to look at some other silver stuff, too, but it was accurately priced, which was not what I was after. :smile:

@ShaunBC5 I've found if you do enough business and are kind/ polite most staff won't mind letting you look over more than one at a time. A good relationship with staff/ lcs dealers is everything brotha

Never had a problem at an LCS, even if I’m new in the store. These are at an antique mall and are the only coins in the joint (and town, and for 150miles). They’re cool about it, but it’s how I’ve seen them do everyone.

• Mr_SpudMr_Spud Posts: 4,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

That quarter looks really nice!

Mr_Spud

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not bad prices compared to the antique shops around this area. The raw Morgans are priced around a hundred bucks....and they are nothing special in any respect. I gave up trying to talk to them... even took a Redbook in once... waste of time. Cheers, RickO

• abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Both coins are cool.
    What did PCI grade your Morgan? Looks MS64/65?

@abcde12345 said:
    Both coins are cool.
    What did PCI grade your Morgan? Looks MS64/65?

They graded it 63, which I thought was low
    And thank you😊

@ricko said:
    Not bad prices compared to the antique shops around this area. The raw Morgans are priced around a hundred bucks....and they are nothing special in any respect. I gave up trying to talk to them... even took a Redbook in once... waste of time. Cheers, RickO

Some of the guys stuff is priced high, some not. They do 15 % off specials in the cabinet once a week. And that is awful..

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file