Home Sports Talk
Options

Super bowl odds

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,616 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm seeing both KC -3 and -3.5
If I could get -3.5, I'd drop a benjamin or two. That 1/2 point could be powerful. Having Brady and 3.5 points at kickoff sounds good to me.

Could be wrong, but I think the GOAT has karma working for him. I hope he gets number 7!!!

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is anyone here placing any bets on the big game? This thread has got me curious.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,151 ✭✭✭✭✭

$500 on KC (moneyline)

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    $500 on KC (moneyline)

Awesome.

• Options
    edited February 3, 2021 2:15PM

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:
    $500 on KC (moneyline)

Awesome.

"we shall see what happens."

-stevek

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:
    $500 on KC (moneyline)

Awesome.

-stevek

I already know what happens.

Whichever team wins, the bookies will get rich. LOL

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stevek said:

@galaxy27 said:

@doubledragon said:

@galaxy27 said:
    $500 on KC (moneyline)

Awesome.

-stevek

I already know what happens.

Whichever team wins, the bookies will get rich. LOL

Right. I laid the 3 at -115. Many books at -120. :#

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    $500 on KC (moneyline)

When its just for fun Galaxy inexplicably pics Green Bay to win the Super Bowl.
    (Sorry that hurt just a little after you rightfully picked the Chiefs the year before and then abandoned them) ;)
    When its for money he knows what to do.
    Well done Galaxy! B)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,524 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Is anyone here placing any bets on the big game? This thread has got me curious.

I took KC Money Line and the Over, I also took Tampa Bay +3.5 and the Over. A KC 38-35 would be nice 😎. As much as I want Brady to win I would prefer that but if Brady does win and the game goes Over I will make enough to cover the other bet +a few so I will be fine with that as well. I do think it’s going to be a tight game. With my luck KC will probably win 20-10 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lost my shirt on championship weekend. I’m living under a bridge stealing WiFi from the local Starbucks until Sunday. Been panhandling nickels on the intersection of I-30 and State Line for a Super Bowl bet.
    “Mortimer! We’re back!”

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doing squares here. Got money in $2/5/10/20 sheets.

• Options

@2dueces said:
    Lost my shirt on championship weekend. I’m living under a bridge stealing WiFi from the local Starbucks until Sunday. Been panhandling nickels on the intersection of I-30 and State Line for a Super Bowl bet.
    “Mortimer! We’re back!”

And you were red hot all thru the regular season.

That's the way it goes with sports betting from what i have found and speaking to many gamblers over the years. You can get hot at times, but sooner or later the cold streak hits. Losing back all the winnings and more.

Hey, a guy like Perkdog has fun with it and that's cool. However anyone who thinks that they're ever going to one day become good enough to make a living at sports betting...well...consider yourself to be a bookies best friend. They might even take you out to dinner once in a while to thank you for the business. ;)

I said a long time ago, FU to the bookies, and instead decided to do my risk taking with cards and coins. And I must say it has worked out quite well...better than expected.

Now i can buy my own dinners, and leave the waitress a nice tip. :)

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

KC 24
    TB 17

• Options

@stevek said:

@2dueces said:
    “Mortimer! We’re back!”

And you were red hot all thru the regular season.

That's the way it goes with sports betting from what i have found and speaking to many gamblers over the years. You can get hot at times, but sooner or later the cold streak hits. Losing back all the winnings and more.

Hey, a guy like Perkdog has fun with it and that's cool. However anyone who thinks that they're ever going to one day become good enough to make a living at sports betting...well...consider yourself to be a bookies best friend. They might even take you out to dinner once in a while to thank you for the business. ;)

I said a long time ago, FU to the bookies, and instead decided to do my risk taking with cards and coins. And I must say it has worked out quite well...better than expected.

Now i can buy my own dinners, and leave the waitress a nice tip. :)

Yeah I’m good. I always kill it early. I study every off season move and I’m slightly ahead of the crowd. I’ve mentioned that I find the first 4 weeks easier to find winners I was up $800 early on the book and the Bills kept me alive all year late. Most of my other plays bombed. So I’m up $80 and I’m going to put $75 on my choice, leaning towards the Chiefs.
    But on a happier note I still have $500.00 actually $1000.00 in future winnings to cash next time I’m we’re in Biloxi so it was a good time. Enjoyed the year. The bills were so fun to watch.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@hammer1

if Tampa wins (or, in your case, Tampa wins or KC wins by 1 or 2) i'll swing by and we'll go hit up the dollar menu at mickey d's for dinner

for 10 bucks we'll be able to eat like champions

just make sure you're ready because the fries start getting nasty after about 8

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

IMO...

Tampa wins.

And I think it will be high scoring.

• Options
    Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭✭✭

KC 31 TB 21

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • Options
    edited February 5, 2021 3:35AM

Oh my goodness, furnitore store owner Jim "Mattress Mack" Mcingvale has placed a $3.46 million bet on the Super Bowl. Apparently he is known for placing large bets.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/30833023/furniture-store-owner-jim-mattress-mack-mcingvale-bets-346m-underdog-tampa-bay-buccaneers-cover-35-point-super-bowl-spread

• Options
    edited February 5, 2021 8:34AM

@doubledragon said:
    Oh my goodness, furnitore store owner Jim "Mattress Mack" Mcingvale has placed a $3.46 million bet on the Super Bowl. Apparently he is known for placing large bets.

https://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/30833023/furniture-store-owner-jim-mattress-mack-mcingvale-bets-346m-underdog-tampa-bay-buccaneers-cover-35-point-super-bowl-spread

I didnt read the story, but I have read a couple with him recently. Apparently, anyone who buys more than $3000 on a mattress now can get their money back if the Bucs win, because he would be making north of 2 million off the game. I think he also had like 11 million on the Astros but they lost the WS. Not sure of the specifics or if true. But this guy definitely likes to put a lot of juice out there and let it ride.

Edit to add: He is in Houston. Anyone want a potentially free mattress? I am predicting a Bucs win.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

I didnt read the story, but I have read a couple with him recently. Apparently, anyone who buys more than $3000 on a mattress now can get their money back if the Bucs win, because he would be making north of 2 million off the game. I think he also had like 11 million on the Astros but they lost the WS. Not sure of the specifics or if true. But this guy definitely likes to put a lot of juice out there and let it ride.

Edit to add: He is in Houston. Anyone want a potentially free mattress? I am predicting a Bucs win.

Three dimes for a mattress? That mattress better come with a pretty girl lying on it for me to spend that kind of money on a mattress. LOL

• Options
    edited February 5, 2021 8:48AM

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Three dimes for a mattress? That mattress better come with a pretty girl lying on it for me to spend that kind of money on a mattress. LOL

I don't know if it has to be one mattress, or just in total sales.

Edit to add: I did a quick Google search and I am guessing it could be $3000 on mattresses plural. But you;d probably have to go his website or call for confirmation. He has done this in this past, sometimes it is with furniture and bedding, etc. Apparently, it is his strategy to combine his advertising with his betting.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

Edit to add: I did a quick Google search and I am guessing it could be $3000 on mattresses plural. But you;d probably have to go his website or call for confirmation. He has done this in this past, sometimes it is with furniture and bedding, etc. Apparently, it is his strategy to combine his advertising with his betting.

You may be right, but here's a snippet from the article which made it appear to me like it's one mattress.

<<< This year, customers at McIngvale's store who spend $3,000 or more on a new mattress will get their money back if the Buccaneers beat the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. >>>

• Options

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@doubledragon said:

You may be right, but here's a snippet from the article which made it appear to me like it's one mattress.

<<< This year, customers at McIngvale's store who spend $3,000 or more on a new mattress will get their money back if the Buccaneers beat the Kansas City Chiefs on Sunday. >>>

Maybe @stevek is in the market for three $1500 mattresses, and this guy will make an exception. It doesn't hurt to ask. Just call him and let us know what he says.

• Options

I've been out of the loop in sports betting for a long time, but if i'm analyzing it correctly, this guy is laying a monstrous 27% juice on basically an even probability proposition which is the point spread?

I realize the size of the bet may have something to do with it. But mega-giant Draftkings shouldn't have any problem absorbing this size bet into their pool in a game such as the Super Bowl.

Seriously this guy must be a glutton for punishment when it comes to gambling, betting this kind of money against juice such as that.

Perhaps the promotional value is worth it to him. I mean how else would a mattress store get news articles written about it on a national level. Maybe he just likes the action. 🤷

• Options

@stevek said:
    I've been out of the loop in sports betting for a long time, but if i'm analyzing it correctly, this guy is laying a monstrous 27% juice on basically an even probability proposition which is the point spread?

I realize the size of the bet may have something to do with it. But mega-giant Draftkings shouldn't have any problem absorbing this size bet into their pool in a game such as the Super Bowl.

Seriously this guy must be a glutton for punishment when it comes to gambling, betting this kind of money against juice such as that.

Perhaps the promotional value is worth it to him. I mean how else would a mattress store get news articles written about it on a national level. Maybe he just likes the action. 🤷

Looks like he just likes the action and the marketing and articles and us talking about him here.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

Looks like he just likes the action and the marketing and articles and us talking about him here.

I think he should give each of us here a free mattress for helping to promote his product.

• Options

Houston is the 4th largest city in America and dare I say there is not a single soul who is unfamiliar with Mattress Mack here. moreover, there are millions more outside of the greater Houston area aware of who he is -- because he has been doing stuff like this for many years. any time it happens, the amount of pub engulfs any perceived financial loss. trust me, he wins in the long run. he is a very shrewd man and knows exactly what he is doing.

• Options
    hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you buy a new mattress make sure you can get your money back if not satisfied. Walk away from exchanges only because if you picked out the most comfortable one the first time, the exchange isn't any better.

• Options

I would never spend $3,000 on a mattress, Joe would never allow it. Joe comes first, you all know that. Joe only allows me to use a cheap mattress. Heck, as a matter of fact, Joe allowed me to get a new mattress the other day to replace my old one.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 3k adjustable, cooled/heated mattress....after the hip replacement this past summer...I'd drop that in a heartbeat.

• Options

A good mattress is $2K +. Really good sheets are $500. There is no price for something you spend a 1/3 of your life on if it works. People spend 60K on a vehicle you spend 2-3 hours a day in. Me? I spend 30 minutes a day in my truck but 8 blissful hours in bed without waking sore because of a inexpensive mattress.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    grote15grote15 Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought a half point and took KC -3.

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

does anyone's book have a line on darin pulling an el chapo right before the game?

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    does anyone's book have a line on darin pulling an el chapo right before the game?

I don't know what an el chapo is but I'm simply focusing on not having a major coronary event during the game.

• Options

@LarkinCollector said:

@grote15 said:
    I bought a half point and took KC -3.

Nobody cares about that any longer, how much did your mattress cost?

I'm not sure but was probably less than what a 1989 Fleer basketball wax box costs these days :p

Collecting 1970s Topps baseball wax, rack and cello packs, as well as PCGS graded Half Cents, Large Cents, Two Cent pieces and Three Cent Silver pieces.
  • Options

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

I don't know what an el chapo is but I'm simply focusing on not having a major coronary event during the game.

most powerful drug trafficker in the world. vanished into thin air numerous times. was impossible to find. until one day.

now he's enjoying the fruits of life in a supermax

suffice it to say if the Chiefs win and you turn into a mirage again i'll know how to find you this time bc i've been watching a lot of dateline...............and no, burner phones won't work!

• Options

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

Don't disappear!! 🤣🤣🤣

And I remember those days, the stress of my team, my dominant team, being in the SB almost every year. Enjoy it!! Sometimes the run only lasts two decades... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Options

@galaxy27 said:

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

most powerful drug trafficker in the world. vanished into thin air numerous times. was impossible to find. until one day.

now he's enjoying the fruits of life in a supermax

suffice it to say if the Chiefs win and you turn into a mirage again i'll know how to find you this time bc i've been watching a lot of dateline...............and no, burner phones won't work!

My wife loooooves watching Dateline.

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

Don't disappear!! 🤣🤣🤣

And I remember those days, the stress of my team, my dominant team, being in the SB almost every year. Enjoy it!! Sometimes the run only lasts two decades... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

In geological time, two decades is nothing...nothing i tell ya. B)

• Options

@stevek said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Darin said:

@galaxy27 said:

Don't disappear!! 🤣🤣🤣

In geological time, two decades is nothing...nothing i tell ya. B)

@stevek I personally deal in human time....but to each their own

• Options

I think the Andy Reid's son thing will galvanize the Chiefs, and motivate them to focus even more to win another one for their head coach.

I still like the Chiefs to win this game, by around ten points.

• Options

@stevek said:
    I think the Andy Reid's son thing will galvanize the Chiefs, and motivate them to focus even more to win another one for their head coach.

As a parent, something like that would serve as a distraction in my opinion...atleast for Reid. Why would it galvanize them?

• Options

I'm just waiting for stevek to make another reference to Doyle Brunson. I love it when he does that. I love a good Doyle Brunson reference.

• Options

@stevek said:

The kiss of death. Now I can tear up my KC- 3 slip :D

• Options

@thisistheshow said:

@stevek said:

As a parent, something like that would serve as a distraction in my opinion...atleast for Reid. Why would it galvanize them?

Winners often become stronger in difficult situations. This happens in all walks of life.

The Chiefs are proven winners, and they'll do it again later in the day.

• Options

@grote15 said:

@stevek said:

The kiss of death. Now I can tear up my KC- 3 slip :D

Well at least the forum Monday morning quarterback finally grew a pair and made a call in advance. :D

Don't tear up your tickets, unless you like throwing away money. ;)

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I'm just waiting for stevek to make another reference to Doyle Brunson. I love it when he does that. I love a good Doyle Brunson reference.

It's the only one i know. LOL

Doyle said it on a poker show after the hand, when taking down a half million dollar pot with nothing. The other player had a greater nothing. They were both trying to bluff each other out.

I think they both had Ace high with Doyle having the better kicker.

• Options
    edited February 7, 2021 12:17PM

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

It's the only one i know. LOL

Doyle said it on a poker show after the hand, when taking down a half million dollar pot with nothing. The other player had a greater nothing. They were both trying to bluff each other out.

I think they both had Ace high with Doyle having the better kicker.

I must admit, your Doyle Brunson reference has caused me to become interested in him. I just got back from eBay, and guess what I was looking at? You guessed it, Doyle Brunson trading cards. He has a nice little selection, and I think I might just want a piece of the Doyle Brunson trading card pie!

• Options

@stevek, I must admit, your Doyle Brunson reference has caused me to become interested in him. I just got back from eBay and guess what I was looking at? You guessed it, Doyle Brunson trading cards. He has a nice little selection, and I think I might just want a piece of the Doyle Brunson trading card pie!

• Options