Home Precious Metals
Options

My friend scored some sterling!

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goodness. Right in my backyard. :D>:)

Comments

• Options
    MeltdownMeltdown Posts: 8,667 ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy crap! I will say, since I've been seeing your posts I've been checking more closely at stuff I would otherwise pass at a glance when I'm at thrift stores... nothing yet.

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,471 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow! Haven't been thrifting for silver for a year now. (Haven't been out of the house at all). I really miss the feeling of getting a big score. Hopefully it'll be all over soon :# Nice find!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    LukeMarshallLukeMarshall Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭✭✭

Big score, looks heavy

It's all about what the people want...

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score

• Options
    jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,380 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice catch!

I made the mistake of going to a farm auction last weekend. I ended up with several silver-plated things, but I think I squeezed out a victory with some silver spoons from Italy and a small dish.

What is the going rate for sterling and other types of silver dinnerware? This might become a new hobby. ;)

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great find... I have not been lucky yet....I will check again next week.... I should check weekly, been more like every six weeks the past year. Probably missing some stuff. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@jmski52 said:
    Nice catch!

I made the mistake of going to a farm auction last weekend. I ended up with several silver-plated things, but I think I squeezed out a victory with some silver spoons from Italy and a small dish.

What is the going rate for sterling and other types of silver dinnerware? This might become a new hobby. ;)

Usually one can expect 70-80% of it’s melt value.

• Options

when selling to a dealer

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

you're slipping.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    jrt103jrt103 Posts: 419 ✭✭✭

score!