Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Acquired a DREAM card

It’s a funny thing to take a quote out of context. Especially when it’s a tragic hero that we’re talking about and the quote is the speech’s most famous line. In it, he encapsulated who he was as a person more eloquently than any book or movie or documentary ever would or could. As he delivered the line, he was telling the fans and the world at large what he believed life was all about: to be grateful for the time you have and live your life with humility and grace.

Perhaps that is the link: I am quite humbled by the acquisition of this card. It’s prior owner is a hobby legend and it was acquired via a trade with him. I believe it is a card that is true low pop meaning there are reasons why this card has fewer copies floating around than other cards in the set. As for the PSA Population Report, there are 31 examples graded at present. This one is on the lower side of that small spectrum but fits my ‘eye appeal far in excess of assigned grade’ collection to a ‘T’ and it arrived just this morning. So, for all the reasons mentioned, the aforementioned quote feels right, even out of context.

Today...I consider myself...the luckiest man on the face of the earth.

1939-46 Salutation Exhibits Lou Gehrig

(PS - First attempt to post was eaten when I tried to edit but it's happened enough to me that I was prepared!)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

Comments