Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2000 Brady Bowman PSA10 #236

GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Goes from 5k on Saturday to 9k Sunday night after the win , according to a few ebay sales.

Didn’t uffdah just post a wax case pick up on another thread ? If so, he’s one happy buyer now.

Comments

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

the Brady market right now is insanity.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am glad I got my Brady Rc for my pc when I did. I try not to look at prices when things go nuts like this. Way too tempted to sell

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 25, 2021 8:38AM

@rexvos said:
    I am glad I got my Brady Rc for my pc when I did. I try not to look at prices when things go nuts like this. Way too tempted to sell

same here. It's a card I'd love to just hang onto more or less forever, but when things go up like crazy and money is tight, it makes you think about it hard. The "lucky" thing for me is mine has been at PSA since July, haha.

Jeff

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    sayheywyosayheywyo Posts: 449 ✭✭✭✭

Very predictable in the state of our current market. Demand will outpace supply for the PSA 10. Isn't Mahomes already at or near this price point for a Prizm base and hasn't yet accomplished Brady accolades? The regular Bowman has more subs and twice as less 10's than the Chrome but the demand is shiny, bling, bling.....it'll break the 10K mark.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you think vintage, unopened, Jordan, Tiger et al. are going berzerk right now, wait'll you see what happens to TB cardboard if he lays waste to Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes in consecutive weeks on a team not named the New England Patriots and places a 2nd ring on his other hand

• Options
    76collector76collector Posts: 986 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    if you think vintage, unopened, Jordan, Tiger et al. are going berzerk right now, wait'll you see what happens to TB cardboard if he lays waste to Brees, Rodgers and Mahomes in consecutive weeks on a team not named the New England Patriots and places a 2nd ring on his other hand

I agree. If he wins this superbowl (big if obviously) he ascends to Jordan/Gretzky level if he isn't already there. IMO no telling where his most coveted rookies end up, but it will be really high, lol.

I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid.
    Collecting:
    post world war II HOF rookie
    76 topps gem mint 10 commons 9 stars
    Arenado purple refractors(Rockies) Red (Cardinals)
    successful deals with Keevan, Grote15, 1954, mbogoman
  • Options
    samspopsamspop Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭

Been working on this 2000 Leaf Certified master set for years. Down to 2 mirror red cards needed. Luckily neither are Brady.

• Options
    PorkinsPorkins Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

My brother and I opened 3 Bowman boxes 8-10 years ago and I pulled 2 Brady’s and he pulled 1. We subbed primarily to BGS at that time, and i wound up with 2 9’s, and he a 9.5. I still have mine, although it’s going to be extremely hard not to sell one if the Bucs come through. My brother’s? Sold back then for a cool 200 :s

• Options
    lwehlerslwehlers Posts: 872 ✭✭✭✭✭

i am very glad i got mine in 2003.

• Options

@lwehlers said:

i am very glad i got mine in 2003.

wrong picture

• Options

• Options
    rexvosrexvos Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well someone hit this BIN. Not mine. I woulf never sell a card this expensive on eBay

Looking for FB HOF Rookies
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭

We saw similar movement in Brady's cards when he won his 5th SB (surpassing Montana and Bradshaw for most by a QB). I have 107 different PSA 9 Brady RCs and from what I can tell almost all of them went up significantly this week.

Recently, a PSA 10 contenders auto RC sold for $550k (PWCC so take it with a grain of salt), those were selling for $135k in Dec 2019 so that is a massive leap in value.

My biggest regret was not picking up a BGS 9 of the Brady Contenders championship auto, I was a PSA guy and supposedly it was a pop 1 in PSA 9 so I was waiting for that one to surface. The last BGS 9 championship contenders sold for $400k over a year ago so that is probably over a million dollar card in this market.

As for the future, Brady is the Jordan of football and I think after his retirement his cards will do the same thing Jordan's have. I would be picking up every auto, short print, etc Brady card I could. I only collect rookie cards so I won't be doing that personally but just look at Jordan inserts and low numbered parallels from the 90s & early 2000s and that is what Brady cards will be doing 10-20 years from now. It might not pay off in the short term but over a 10-15 year period I believe you will outperform every other asset class out there.

Robb

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭✭

@fergie23 said:
    We saw similar movement in Brady's cards when he won his 5th SB (surpassing Montana and Bradshaw for most by a QB). I have 107 different PSA 9 Brady RCs and from what I can tell almost all of them went up significantly this week.

Recently, a PSA 10 contenders auto RC sold for $550k (PWCC so take it with a grain of salt), those were selling for $135k in Dec 2019 so that is a massive leap in value.

My biggest regret was not picking up a BGS 9 of the Brady Contenders championship auto, I was a PSA guy and supposedly it was a pop 1 in PSA 9 so I was waiting for that one to surface. The last BGS 9 championship contenders sold for $400k over a year ago so that is probably over a million dollar card in this market.

As for the future, Brady is the Jordan of football and I think after his retirement his cards will do the same thing Jordan's have. I would be picking up every auto, short print, etc Brady card I could. I only collect rookie cards so I won't be doing that personally but just look at Jordan inserts and low numbered parallels from the 90s & early 2000s and that is what Brady cards will be doing 10-20 years from now. It might not pay off in the short term but over a 10-15 year period I believe you will outperform every other asset class out there.

Robb

Good advice. Are you going to cash out and retire to the beach anytime soon Robb?

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    fergie23fergie23 Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭✭

Somehow my collection is now worth nearly $2 million (the Brady's were worth ~$298k before the win last week based on previous PSA 9 and BGS 9 sales). Unfortunately, I have had seller's regret with almost everything I have sold the last 18 months but it is super tempting to sell 400k worth of cards and pay off the house (~26% goes to taxes). Of course, selling when an asset is rapidly appreciating in value is not exactly how wealth is accumulated. However, selling before the bubble bursts probably is...

Honestly, it is a little unreal at times. I think the PSA 9 Brady Contenders auto RC will crack 100k with the next sale. A PSA 9 Topps Gretzky RC sold for 50k BIN and a PSA 9 OPC Gretzky RC sold for 85k BIN (I think these will both end up as 100k cards if the new money starts targeting the greatest hockey player of modern times). I think the only reason you aren't seeing Gretzky RCs doing what Jordan & Lebron cards are doing is because of supply. There is a new Jordan PSA 9 RC or rare Lebron RC up for sale every day, there are only a handful Gretzky PSA 9 OPC RCs that come up for a sale a year. A 2005 Cup Ovechkin auto #/99 RC in BGS 9 just sold for 45k (I have a 9 I bought for $3850 in 2016). I got an offer for $120,000 for the 2003 SP Auth Lebron auto #/500 PSA 10 RC I own. A 2003 Topps Chrome basketball box sold for $25,000 (I bought mine for $840 in Jan 2017). Tyson 1986 Panini RCs are now $20k+ cards. I somehow own almost 50 cards worth over $20,000 a piece and I have under 5k (sometimes well under $1,000) into basically every single one of them.

Robb

• Options
    nendeenendee Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

How much does the Mahomes Donruss panini jump?

Cubs and Purdue Fan - Ouch!

My collecting blog: http://ctcard.wordpress.com
  • Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2021 4:04PM

@fergie23 - Robb if you still have some key items you are sitting on you may be making the right choice hanging tight although you never know what the market will do. Most of my collection was auctioned at Heritage and Goldin late in 2020. Brought in almost $4 million at the hammer with about a 200% return. With today's prices I may have left about $500K - $1 Million on the table. Wish I would not have sold my Brady PSA 9 Contender for sure but at least I kept a couple juicy PSA 10 Brady Rookies back. Kept some other nice stuff back as well and am still buying/collecting.

• Options

Eventually - like GME today, there is going to be a harsh reality to run up as folks get squeezed as equity markets correct. The next line will be flooding the market back with collectibles.

• Options

I wonder how many returns we will see if this is a bubble? I believe you have 6 months when paid with Paypal.

• Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are always bigger boys willing to pay bigger prices for desirable goods.

There is an owner of a professional baseball team who knows where multitudes of baseball wax boxes of 71-72-73-74-75 baseball are sitting.

He can’t offer enough for them because the guy won’t sell.

He is more than ready to pay any price to open them all to go after his PSA 10 sets.

In my opinion no stock market crash will kill this boom.

• Options

You can return PayPal like that? Wow....

• Options
    ScoobyDoo2ScoobyDoo2 Posts: 839 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2021 6:25PM

Regarding Brady... Even if he loses the SB this time around I think he did enough to get out of the shadow of the "NE system"...... 10 S.B. appearances is just nutz..... The story of getting here a 10th time makes Belichick and even Kraft look novice.. It proves they stopped surrounding Brady with talent and gave up too early. IMO. Bowman Chrome PSA 10's came in at around 25k after Tampa beat GB...... I think they glide up to 40-50k after the SB easy.... And I think he is not retiring if he loses this one....

• Options
    AhmanfanAhmanfan Posts: 4,354 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 27, 2021 7:55PM

@fergie23 said:
    Somehow my collection is now worth nearly $2 million (the Brady's were worth ~$298k before the win last week based on previous PSA 9 and BGS 9 sales). Unfortunately, I have had seller's regret with almost everything I have sold the last 18 months but it is super tempting to sell 400k worth of cards and pay off the house (~26% goes to taxes). Of course, selling when an asset is rapidly appreciating in value is not exactly how wealth is accumulated. However, selling before the bubble bursts probably is...

Honestly, it is a little unreal at times. I think the PSA 9 Brady Contenders auto RC will crack 100k with the next sale. A PSA 9 Topps Gretzky RC sold for 50k BIN and a PSA 9 OPC Gretzky RC sold for 85k BIN (I think these will both end up as 100k cards if the new money starts targeting the greatest hockey player of modern times). I think the only reason you aren't seeing Gretzky RCs doing what Jordan & Lebron cards are doing is because of supply. There is a new Jordan PSA 9 RC or rare Lebron RC up for sale every day, there are only a handful Gretzky PSA 9 OPC RCs that come up for a sale a year. A 2005 Cup Ovechkin auto #/99 RC in BGS 9 just sold for 45k (I have a 9 I bought for $3850 in 2016). I got an offer for $120,000 for the 2003 SP Auth Lebron auto #/500 PSA 10 RC I own. A 2003 Topps Chrome basketball box sold for $25,000 (I bought mine for $840 in Jan 2017). Tyson 1986 Panini RCs are now $20k+ cards. I somehow own almost 50 cards worth over $20,000 a piece and I have under 5k (sometimes well under $1,000) into basically every single one of them.

Robb

Some unreal returns for sure. Who would have ever thought this explosion tonthia degree would have happened. I think you are probably right hanging on for now and if it looks like it’s going to start sliding backwards may be the time to hit the eject button. I for one know there is no piece of cardboard that I like more than I would like retiring and getting on the boat every day. 😎

Collecting
    HOF SIGNED FOOTBALL RCS
  • Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a 86 Jordan in a PSA 7 and a sticker in PSA 8. I check prices periodically. Last month the 2 cards combined we’re selling at around $5K. Saw this thread and checked eBay. Combined 12-15K up to 20K as my 8 is dead centered. This is really insane.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    mintonlyplsmintonlypls Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is as insane as AMC and GME (ticker symbols) in the stock market!

mint_only_pls
  • Options

@ScoobyDoo2 said:
    Regarding Brady... Even if he loses the SB this time around I think he did enough to get out of the shadow of the "NE system"...... 10 S.B. appearances is just nutz..... The story of getting here a 10th time makes Belichick and even Kraft look novice.. It proves they stopped surrounding Brady with talent and gave up too early. IMO. Bowman Chrome PSA 10's came in at around 25k after Tampa beat GB...... I think they glide up to 40-50k after the SB easy.... And I think he is not retiring if he loses this one....

Imagine one player of any position having played in nearly 20% of all Superbowls ever played. Most players don't even get to 20% of the Superbowls played during their career.

• Options
    dtkk49adtkk49a Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭

@rexvos said:
    Well someone hit this BIN. Not mine. I woulf never sell a card this expensive on eBay

Wow I have this card in a PSA 8, might need to send it in for review

Follow me - Cards_and_Coins on Instagram

They call me "Pack the Ripper"
  • Options

I would also hesitate to sell an item that expensive on ebay. I would insist on in person delivery as well.