Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Going through my safe, finally, and finding some sweet coins.

jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,318 ✭✭✭✭✭

Started cleaning out my safe after 30 or so years and have found a few niceties. Found an 1897 1 in the neck Indian Head Cent, an 1891 1C DDO FS-101 S-1 BN Indian Head Cent, a 1936 S/S Buffalo Nickel, and now I've found a possible 1964 D Washington Quarter that I think may be an FS-801 DDO. I would like your opinions, if you would. It may not be, but can't hurt to look.
Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain

Comments

• Options
    koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 10,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like it may be machine doubling.

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great close up pics and inserts, Jim....but I’d tend to agree that you have mechanical doubling on yours.

I have an original roll of 64D quarters somewhere, and I recall that a number of them had relatively strong mechanical doubling on the reverse. Must have been a common problem that year.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2021 8:14PM

Hey, jesbroken. I've been doing the same thing. It hasn't been 30 years, more like 8 or 9. Finding all kinds of forgotten treasures. I've bought a couple of Whitman folders and lots of blank pages and I'm having a blast sitting up late at night filling up the holes. Brings back memories of being a kid just plugging away!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your quarter looks like machine doubling in those pictures. I do not see the separation shown in the VV example. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always nice finding things that have value but you've forgotten about.
    Maybe you can sell them for something that you will enjoy more

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

"One of the advantages of being disorderly is that one is constantly making new discoveries" -A.A. Milne

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

On a slightly smaller scale, I just lifted the sofa cushions and found 17 cents. I'll be checking for varieties later on. Stand by for photos and update(s)!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file