Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Yes, that "Anticipation" factor has kicked in once again.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,893 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited January 23, 2021 3:37AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guy's, yep like I had in one of my old threads. About how when us collectors submit our coins in to PCGS. That ole anticipation feeling kicks in our emotions. Waiting, hoping and worrying if, when and HOW our coins will come back? First, we're worried if they make it safely to our Host. Then we worry if they arrive at our front door safely. Then we worry if they'll straight grade. Then we worry what grade we will mercifully receive from the graders. It can be nerve wracking but enjoyable at the same time. January 11, is when I submitted 3 coins, also 3 coins for my dealer friend, as well. At least as of 4 days ago. PCGS has confirmed they received them! Part one of the worrying aspect. Now comes the waiting game for the grades. Lol. Getting grayer by the moment. The three coins I sent in are, the 1942d Horizontal d over d Jefferson. The 1997p "Doubled Ear" Cent variety. That's the one I'm worried about the most. Then the 2020 Quarter Tallgrass Prairie "W" Mint mark. I'm a little concerned about the Jefferson being straight graded as well? I'll post my news, good or bad, as soon as I get confirmation. Thanks guys. How 'bout you guys? Same emotions? Lol - Joey :#

1997p Doubled Ear

The best one out of the 4

Then the "W".

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey, If you were born 200 years ago you could have started a religion.

• Options

@abcde12345 said:
    Joey, If you were born 200 years ago you could have started a religion.

Lol WHAT? Lol :o

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Addiction is hard.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options

@Catbert said:
    Addiction is hard.

Lol. WHAT? Lol. :o

• Options

Reading the early life of Joe(y)eph Smith.

You remind me of a modern version of him (that's not a terrible thing).

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2021 12:07PM

Let us now open up the Book of Slabbing to Joey 19:42(d). "Keep faith through the entirety of the encapsulation process for though the Grader may tarry, there is wisdom and security in the return." Amen, and keep cents.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

And unto the graders they go, into a pile of submissions as great as the sea of Galilee. And his name, in vein I cried, LORD have mercy on my coins!

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options

Instead of golden plates, Joey's are copper-coated zinc.

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had Joey been around in biblical times the Widow's Mite would have been retrieved and checked for varieties. :smiley:

• Options
    BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭

Still waiting on my V75 ASE to get graded.

• Options

@ShaunBC5 said:
    Had Joey been around in biblical times the Widow's Mite would have been retrieved and checked for varieties. :smiley:

Lol. Com' on dude! Lol :D

• Options
    edited January 21, 2021 3:17PM

@BearlyHere said:
    Still waiting on my V75 ASE to get graded.

What do you mean? You sent yours in way back then and you're still waiting? Or are you sitting on it waiting to send in? :*

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just send them off and don't worry about it or really think about it too much after they are in the mail.
    They will either get the grades right (agree with my assessment), or, get it wrong (disagree).
    Either way, not a life-changing event.
    They'll get graded when they get graded and I will get them when I get them.
    That's how I look at it.
    No anticipation, really.

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    I just send them off and don't worry about it or really think about it too much after they are in the mail.
    They will either get the grades right (agree with my assessment), or, get it wrong (disagree).
    Either way, not a life-changing event.
    They'll get graded when they get graded and I will get them when I get them.
    That's how I look at it.
    No anticipation, really.

Great attitude and perspective. You're right, I shouldn't let it get to me. It's really the package in both routes that I focus on the most. Esp. In today's world. Thanks for easing my mind a bit. Lol. :)

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patience is a virtue.... Relax.... You have zero control over the situation now... Focus on things you enjoy or can control. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Anticipation is part of the fun. I haven't sent anything in for slabbing in a really long time, mostly because of PCGS' ridiculous price increase on tokens and medals. Makes it hard to justify grading the vast majority of exonumia.

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 22, 2021 4:36PM
  • Options

@DCW said:
    Anticipation is part of the fun. I haven't sent anything in for slabbing in a really long time, mostly because of PCGS' ridiculous price increase on tokens and medals. Makes it hard to justify grading the vast majority of exonumia.

Yes, totally agree. Worrisome but fun. Almost like that exhilarating rollercoaster ride. Scary and frightening but a whole lotta FUN!

• Options
    BearlyHereBearlyHere Posts: 261 ✭✭✭✭

Sent to NGC and it arrived 12/8 and was "received" 12/22. They currently have a 15 day turnaround...still waiting...

• Options

@BearlyHere said:
    Sent to NGC and it arrived 12/8 and was "received" 12/22. They currently have a 15 day turnaround...still waiting...

Did you contact them? That's horrible. Hope you receive shortly. The "Anticipation", I'm sure turned into the worrisome emotion? Good Luck. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file