Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Coin star rescue untubing

Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,675 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always enjoy watching unboxings here. So, on my way into Shoprite, I see a guy pouring coins into the Coinstar. I see this small plastic tube on the edge of the opening. Gave the guy 3 $2 bills for the tube, he was happy. This looks like a repackaged tube of 20 but the label intrigued me. Web info says that on Oct. 1, 2009 the mint did a run of 2009 satin finish P&D Kennedy halves for collectors. If you know what I should be looking for, let me know as I do this untubing. I'll return with images of these halves. Thanks. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

Comments

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

$6 for $10? I can't say I would have taken that trade.
    Best of luck. I don't know what to look for as far as the satin finish ones but I'm sure someone around here does.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looking forward to your pictures.... Good luck... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ChrisH821 it's the allure of the $2 bill plus I asked nicely.

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Okay, the eleven on the left definitely have MS qualities, no dings, scratches, etc. I'm gonna put them in 2x2s shortly. The 9 on the right have a few very small dings, a scuff mark or two. @ChrisH821 @ricko If you want a P&D of the 9, I'll pick the best pair and mail them to you. Peace Roy

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,338 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely some nice looking ones in there.
    Thanks for the offer but I have too much already! :)

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks Roy, I am OK with what I already have. I appreciate the offer buddy....Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file