Home Precious Metals
Options

eBay Managed Funds

dontippetdontippet Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭✭

I came to this forum to see what was up with ebay managed funds and was surprised to find a discussion thread about it. I tried listing some collectible currency this morning and was denied. With managed payments, i can't list bullion, coins, money, gift cards, etc... If I can't sell it, I probably can't buy either since other sellers can't sell it. Do you know what is up with that?

Don

> [Click on this link to see my ebay listings.](https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=61611&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=&LH_SpecificSeller=1&_saslop=1&_sasl=mygirlsthree3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_fosrp=1)
>

Successful transactions on the BST boards with rtimmer, coincoins, gerard, tincup, tjm965, MMR, mission16, dirtygoldman, AUandAG, deadmunny, thedutymon, leadoff4, Kid4HOF03, BRI2327, colebear, mcholke, rpcolettrane, rockdjrw, publius, quik, kalinefan, Allen, JackWESQ, CON40, Griffeyfan2430, blue227, Tiggs2012, ndleo, CDsNuts, ve3rules, doh, MurphDawg, tennessebanker, and gene1978.

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,196 ✭✭✭✭✭

post this over on the us coin forum. You'll get a lot more readership and replies.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options

How to fix your "signature:"

Click on "quote" for this post. You will then see the code for this:

Click on this link to see my ebay listings.

Copy that code and replace you current signature with it.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dontippet said:
    I came to this forum to see what was up with ebay managed funds and was surprised to find a discussion thread about it. I tried listing some collectible currency this morning and was denied. With managed payments, i can't list bullion, coins, money, gift cards, etc... If I can't sell it, I probably can't buy either since other sellers can't sell it. Do you know what is up with that?

Don

They have not changed over coin/bullion sellers to managed payments yet because managed payments do not yet work for those items. Per the email I got, January 25th was the day when the changeover was supposed to start.

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

So if PayPal is out of the deal, how are funds transferred to sellers?

thefinn
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,885 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's also possible that your listings were defective as today was the start of new requirements:

Year and Denomination item specifics fields are already part of the listing process and are currently “recommended,” but will now be “required” effective January 20. The new item specifics requirements improve searchability for buyers and improve listing organization within the category. Learn more about item specifics.

• Options

@thefinn said:

Ebay sends them to your bank.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@derryb said:

@thefinn said:

Trying to understand for sure how this works.... do they send EACH payment directly to your bank after the item is sold, ...or... do they accumulate the funds and only transfer when you request it (I wait until a certain amount has accumulated in Paypal then request a transfer).

----- kj
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:

@derryb said:

@thefinn said:

Trying to understand for sure how this works.... do they send EACH payment directly to your bank after the item is sold, ...or... do they accumulate the funds and only transfer when you request it (I wait until a certain amount has accumulated in Paypal then request a transfer).

I believe that you set how frequent you want them transferred to the bank.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

@tincup said:

@derryb said:

@thefinn said:

Schedule your payout daily or weekly....Per ebay:

"Regardless of how the buyer pays, payouts are generally initiated Monday through Friday, within 2 business days of payment confirmation. Once a payout is initiated, funds will be available in your bank account per normal bank processing times, typically within 1-4 business days."

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cut PayPal out and collect their processing fee. Cha-ching!

thefinn
  • Options
    alexercaalexerca Posts: 246 ✭✭✭

Ebay?Yuck!

• Options
    USASoccerUSASoccer Posts: 445 ✭✭✭

The new payment system is much better.