Comments

• Options

??

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

:/

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no doubled die reverse there..... Your very good pictures make that apparent. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok - I have to ask. What makes you think that it is a DDR when you can clearly see in Ken Potters Pics that yours has NONE of the diagnostics. I know varieties can be tough to ID, but I also wish all the varieties had as many diagnostics as 1982 DDR which by the way - is extremely rare. Wishing, hoping, and ownership, will never make a none variety a variety.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.
  • Options

Thats why i asked not everyone was born an expert like you obviously were im sure:) excuse me for thinking i could maybe get some non judgemental help on a subject that consists of US currency on a US currency forum.. We get it... your so cool and know so much.. Yet instead of sharing knowledge on a subject and teaching someone something useful in a non judgemental way your non evolved ego and obvious lack of real human interaction just wont let you.. Thank you and next time i have a question i will make sure i already know the answer before i ask it:)

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Individuals on this forum are very willing to help those with questions, etc. But not quite so much when a new poster comes in carrying an attitude, as is implied by your last posting. IMO WaterSport had a legitimate question... obviously you had done some previous looking and had the necessary info already available.

However, I will give you my opinion based on your photo... not the doubled die you are referencing.

----- kj
  • Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some additional non-judgemental help.... while the term 'currency' may apply to coins in a very broad sense..... in the coin collecting world it is more accurately referring to banknotes.

----- kj
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,230 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 20, 2021 10:34AM

Your pic -- Lincoln is not doubled. also, for the idea this could be a new DDR discovery: nothing on the coin speaks to doubled anything, even mechanical doubling. sorry. keep hunting!

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file