Home Metal Detecting
Options

Guy Found 23 silver dollars

Guy finds 23 Silver dollars have a look at Treasure Net find todays finds..WOW

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HiBucky.... Can you post a link? Were they all together? Morgans? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Bayard1908Bayard1908 Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭✭

It was 26 Morgans in a jar, found with a Minelab Vanquish 540.

• Options
    PillarDollarCollectorPillarDollarCollector Posts: 4,778 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @HiBucky.... Can you post a link? Were they all together? Morgans? Cheers, RickO

Yes please.

Collecting interests: Coins from Latin American (2020-present)

Sports: NFL & NHL

• Options

@Bayard1908 .... Thank you.... Amazing, possibly a 'family fortune'....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

id like to see that as well

• Options

That is one, amazing find. Great video.... Thanks for the link. How exciting.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice :)

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

And this why I search around the stumps of old split rail fence lines. Also behind old prices. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

Also check old stone walls... corners in particular, or where exceptionally large stones are part of the construction. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    pocketpiececommemspocketpiececommems Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

Something doesn't look right about the color of these coins. Most of the silver that I have found in the ground comes out looking white.

• Options
    kevinstangkevinstang Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭

I've had several old timers tell me of bags of silver dollars found hidden in stone walls along the road side- I suspect in my area of NY state it was probably related to prohibition and rum runners. One tale was nearly 800 1878 silver dollars- all either 78-s or 78-cc. Another was close to 1000 (about 990) of dollars- all 83-S and 84-S. All coins in both hoards were wildly toned or ugly blackish/brown toned. I've seen pictures of coins from both finds- many were sold on ebay back in the early 2000's.

@ricko said:
    Also check old stone walls... corners in particular, or where exceptionally large stones are part of the construction. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,512 ✭✭✭✭✭

way cool video