Home U.S. Coin Forum

Lost Penny Day is coming! February 12th

I know that there is a lot of discussion about Penny verses Cent I get it, but February 12th is Lost Penny Day, On that day everyone is encouraged to spend, or turn into banks all the 1-cent coins that have accumulated in jars, sock drawers, and other favorite hiding places. Cent production regularly accounts for "more than half" the output of the U.S.Mint so lets give them a break and flood the market and spend anything laying around that day, I know I will, won't you? But lock away your collectables don't let the kids and grandkids get ahold of anything of value. by the way you can look this up Chase's Calendar of Events.

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

TRENDING: National Lost Penny Day

https://youtu.be/WhIMADWV-Wc

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we've seen most of those lost Lincolns right here.......

• JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I always have cents in my pocket since I often deal in cash. I will take some extra to drop into the 'take a cent, leave a cent' tray... Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file