Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Drew Brees going to retire?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,941 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's been reports that he is, and there's reports that he's undecided. It's messin' with my head man! Is he or isn't he?

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭✭

He should retire, he took a beating this season and doesn’t look like he was himself this season. I say he does

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,716 ✭✭✭✭✭

Brees should retire after that clunker of a game.

Any one of you old men on here could have went in and played QB better than that.

• Options

@stevek said:

Any one of you old men on here could have went in and played QB better than that.

I wouldn't know, I fell asleep after halftime and missed the second half. I'm up at 4:00 a.m and by 8:30 p.m. I'm drained. I can't get back on schedule!

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I wouldn't know, I fell asleep after halftime and missed the second half. I'm up at 4:00 a.m and by 8:30 p.m. I'm drained. I can't get back on schedule!

I’m usually out of bed at 4:40 and at work for 5 am, so why on earth are you up at 4 Double D? Are you one of those guys who can’t sleep or is it work? My Boss is like the second guy I have met that is the 3-4 hours of sleep a night....

• Options

I sleep for as long as my bladder will allow it. LOL

• Options

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I’m usually out of bed at 4:40 and at work for 5 am, so why on earth are you up at 4 Double D? Are you one of those guys who can’t sleep or is it work? My Boss is like the second guy I have met that is the 3-4 hours of sleep a night....

I like jog every now and then, and was tired after a long jog one night, and dozed off at around 8:30 p.m., and woke up at around 4:00 a.m. I guess I've just gotten used to it, and now I'm stuck in this cycle. I used to get up at 6:00 a.m. and got to bed at 11:30 p.m. It's causing me to miss good football! I missed practically the whole Bills vs Ravens game and the second half of the Bucs vs Saints game. I might as well just forget about watching the Super Bowl, I'll be asleep, let me know if it was a good game!

• Options

@stevek said:

Haha same, I wake up between 3-3:30 am every night consistently for a bathroom trip

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

i think i will refrain from partying with you 3 guys

• Options

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I like jog every now and then, and was tired after a long jog one night, and dozed off at around 8:30 p.m., and woke up at around 4:00 a.m. I guess I've just gotten used to it, and now I'm stuck in this cycle. I used to get up at 6:00 a.m. and got to bed at 11:30 p.m. It's causing me to miss good football! I missed practically the whole Bills vs Ravens game and the second half of the Bucs vs Saints game. I might as well just forget about watching the Super Bowl, I'll be asleep, let me know if it was a good game!

It is against Sport Talk forum rules to miss watching any part of an NFL playoff game.

As of this moment you are now on double secret probation.

Missing the Super Bowl could result in expulsion.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@stevek said:

Haha same, I wake up between 3-3:30 am every night consistently for a bathroom trip

That's the same reason i sometimes get in a few quick posts here at an ungodly hour since i'm awake anyway. LOL

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

My Doc gives me a pill to help me sleep through the night. He also gives me a pill to make me pis often so I don't fill up with water.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

He should retire. He has a contract with NBC to be a commentator. Why go out there and risk serious injury when you have a set-up like that?

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭✭✭

Between the wife not wanting to watch the evening games, and me zonking after turkey dinner last night, I missed the one game I did want to watch - bucs/taints.

• Options

@stevek said:

@doubledragon said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

It is against Sport Talk forum rules to miss watching any part of an NFL playoff game.

As of this moment you are now on double secret probation.

Missing the Super Bowl could result in expulsion.

I'll do whatever it takes to stay up for the Super Bowl, even if I have to go to extreme measures!

• Options

This is a cool video of Tom Brady and Drew Brees talking before yesterday's game, and watch as Tom Brady throws a TD pass to Drew Brees's son. The video may take a second to pop.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    This is a cool video of Tom Brady and Drew Brees talking before yesterday's game, and watch as Tom Brady throws a TD pass to Drew Brees's son. The video may take a second to pop.

Did that TD pass count in the game stats? :)

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I’m usually out of bed at 4:40 and at work for 5 am, so why on earth are you up at 4 Double D?

I was wondering the same thing. I wondered if he was a farmer and maybe had to milk the chickens or something like that. I have no idea what goes on down on the farm. Speaking of that whatever happened to the Farmersonly.com commercials? Those were a hoot

M

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options

@Justacommeman said:

@perkdog said:

@doubledragon said:

@stevek said:

I’m usually out of bed at 4:40 and at work for 5 am, so why on earth are you up at 4 Double D?

I was wondering the same thing. I wondered if he was a farmer and maybe had to milk the chickens or something like that. I have no idea what goes on down on the farm. Speaking of that whatever happened to the Farmersonly.com commercials? Those were a hoot

M

I have vowed never to reveal the answers to this mystery. Am I unemployed and have nothing to do all day except screw around online? Or could it be that I do have a job, and I'm posting this message from work? I'll never reveal the true answer to these questions!

• Options

🤔

• Options

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    markj111markj111 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭

He needs either to retire or get well. He cannot throw the ball downfield.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@markj111 said:
    He needs either to retire or get well. He cannot throw the ball downfield.

He's like watching the last couple years of Jamie Moyer. Competent, occasionally good, but absolutely nothing on the fastball that was never all that fast to begin with.

• Options
    GoDodgersFanGoDodgersFan Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭

Big fan of Brees, but it is time to walk away now. Spend this time with your family.

• Options

I watched part of his press conference after the game.

He didn't say it, but Brees had the look and sound of retirement. He seemed like he was going to cry a few times, and usually that's a guy who is seriously contemplating retiring.

Then again, he might change his mind.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,131 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2021 2:56AM

Brees' wife paid tribute to her husband on Instagram yesterday. His condition was worse than anyone knew: torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in his foot, 11 broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. But for me the telltale sign of him being done is the fact that Michael Thomas tried to come back from injury himself and gut it out at far, far less than 100%...........just to play with his quarterback one last time, because he knew this was it.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    Brees' wife paid tribute to her husband on Instagram yesterday. His condition was worse than anyone knew: torn rotator cuff, torn fascia in his foot, 11 broken ribs, and a collapsed lung. But for me the telltale sign of him being done is the fact that Michael Thomas tried to come back from injury himself and gut it out at far, far less than 100%...........just to play with his quarterback one last time, because he knew this was it.

Wow, that is unbelievable. Those guys are as tough as it gets. They wanted one more shot at winning it all, and they sacrificed their health for it. I'll miss watching Brees, but it's time.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,522 ✭✭✭✭✭

to play QB with a torn rotator cuff is unbelievable. what a competitor.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

He'll go down as a true legend of the sport. He was a big time part of the last two decades of NFL.

• Options

I’m going to say it right now. There is ZERO chance Brees played with a torn rotator cuff on his throwing arm, it’s medically impossible. I respect Brees and know he is a tough dude playing through his injuries but let’s be real here.