Home U.S. Coin Forum

PCGS Orange Boxes??????

GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

What happened with these?
Were they that short lived?
I don't even see any for sale on eBay,,,,,,,, I would like to buy a couple if anyone has some for sale.

GrandAm :)

Comments

• OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

Promotion thru PCGS for submitting any basketball coin for a limited time while supplies last. If you were quick enough, you coulda got one. Maybe you'll get lucky and find someone wanting to sell one to you.

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 34,113 ✭✭✭✭✭

@GRANDAM said:
    What happened with these?
    Were they that short lived?
    I don't even see any for sale on eBay,,,,,,,, I would like to buy a couple if anyone has some for sale.

There were some on eBay last year but they have dried up.

I've been looking as well, but no so far no dice.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am waiting for the red/white/blue boxes.....White top with red lettering and a blue bottom. ;) Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

that would look good with a harley davidson down the side of it, just saying

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,831 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm still hoping for crystal clear. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall, coinsarefun, MichaelDixon, NickPatton, ProfLiz

• clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was fortunate enough to get a black box with blue lid. No orange ones though.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,595 ✭✭✭✭✭

looking for orange, too

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • jt88jt88 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

I bought more than ten from eBay for $40 to $60 last year.

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jt88 said:

Per box? I offered a BST seller an ounce of silver for one and was turned down.

• U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@jt88 said:

The few I saw were $40-$70 each. There must have been some strong demand for these. One person I know sold two at $70 each on eBay.

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,876 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@jt88 said:

The few I saw were $40-$70 each. There must have been some strong demand for these. One person I know sold two at $70 each on eBay.

Money to burn

• CopperWireCopperWire Posts: 492 ✭✭✭

Buy the coin NOT the plastic

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@jt88 said:

Yes per box. That was the price on eBay

• bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

@U1chicago said:

@bolivarshagnasty said:

@jt88 said:

I had no idea they were going for that much. I’ll do without.

Maybe I should put my box back on eBay for $100. Lol

Wow it is gone. I was thinking to buy it. It is great deal

• GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

Huh,,,, I figured the orange boxes would be like the black ones,,,,,,,, tons of them available,

I wouldn't pay more than $20 for two of them shipped. Guess I wont't get one anytime soon. :/

GrandAm :)
  • ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• pcgscacgoldpcgscacgold Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭✭✭

We collectors are a strange group. Who would think people would pay $60-70 for a slab holder in Orange? If PCGS was smart they would continue this move and make other ones. Maybe a white version for Baseball and a brown one for football. If they ever do bowling coins it could get really cool with colors matching the bowling balls. A whole new branch of collecting.

Actually, I checked my record. I believe I bought over 50 those orange boxes for $40 - $70 per box. I sold about 20 boxes for $100 per box. Now the buyer stop buying from other part of the world so I ended up holding about 30 boxes. Well, when the buyer resume buying in the future I will get rid of them all. Otherwise I will hold them for 20 years in my garage, not a big deal.

• YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭✭✭

They don’t do anything for me.
    I wish I had a black one, though.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's really awesome! This forum has many kind an generous members on it. I've learned that from experience, as well.

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ShaunBC5 said:
    That's really awesome! This forum has many kind an generous members on it. I've learned that from experience, as well.

It's true.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 19, 2021 8:35PM

I would figure that there is some remaining of them at PCGS for all of the orders that were not filled on the Basketball HOF coin submissions.

I would not mind having one one myself, but not at those crazy asking prices.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,595 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 21, 2021 10:07AM

I received a couple of orange boxes, too.

Many thanks go out to the sender for goodwill.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,756 ✭✭✭✭✭

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Does anyone by any chance have some of the pcgs orange or mint slab boxes they could sell me? I could use 2-4 of each depending on price.

• leothelyonleothelyon Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more qualities observed in a coin, the more desirable that coin becomes!

My Jefferson Nickel Collection

edited May 17, 2021 3:23PM

@ziggymarbles said:
    Does anyone by any chance have some of the pcgs orange or mint slab boxes they could sell me? I could use 2-4 of each depending on price.

The last orange boxes I saw were selling for $70-80 each.

There are a few mint boxes on the bay now selling for between $30 and $50 now.

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

The orange ones don't seem to be very common.

@Batman23 said:
    The orange ones don't seem to be very common.

They were only for the basketball coins which makes the more rare.

• HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd Posts: 406 admin

There may be a Basketball Hall of Fame related giveaway that features Oranges boxes in addition to some exciting signature labels and a grand prize featuring a PSA DNA authenticated Kobe basketball coming up soon. ;)

Check our Instagram

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:
    There may be a Basketball Hall of Fame related giveaway that features Oranges boxes in addition to some exciting signature labels and a grand prize featuring a PSA DNA authenticated Kobe basketball coming up soon. ;)

Check our Instagram

That looks pretty cool. However I think that was the first time I have ever clicked on instagram, it's not a place I play. Someone will be happy though.

• WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

@HeatherBoyd said:

Check our Instagram

Heather, will this contest only be on Instagram or can one enter via a different method?

• HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd Posts: 406 admin

@Batman23 said:

@HeatherBoyd said:

Check our Instagram

That looks pretty cool. However I think that was the first time I have ever clicked on instagram, it's not a place I play. Someone will be happy though.

@WQuarterFreddie said:

@HeatherBoyd said:

Check our Instagram

Heather, will this contest only be on Instagram or can one enter via a different method?

The competition will actually be held through the Set Registry. We are just promoting it via Instagram!

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

@HeatherBoyd said:

Check our Instagram

Sounds like a great auction!

For the coin crowd, it might be cool to have a Kobe signed basketball dollar. Not sure if one exists, but imagine the following?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file