Home Q & A Forum

Does PCGS grade coins in first day coin covers?

I know NGC does this. They place them in their banknote holders. I did a quick search and couldn't find any information on whether PCGS will or not. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

Are talking about the cardboard packaging that mint sets and proof sets arrive in?
    Not sure anyone was actually understanding the question.
    PCGS doesn't include any of the original coin packaging when it's placed in their holder after grading, A new PCGS coin label is created for inside the sealed plastic holder.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright

• AlanLastufkaAlanLastufka Posts: 151 ✭✭✭

@Kurisu said:
    Are talking about the cardboard packaging that mint sets and proof sets arrive in?
    Not sure anyone was actually understanding the question.
    PCGS doesn't include any of the original coin packaging when it's placed in their holder after grading, A new PCGS coin label is created for inside the sealed plastic holder.

I'm talking about these. Across the street, they grade them in the same holders they use for banknotes. I had this hand signed by both the obverse and reverse designers of the coin and would like to have it protected and in my registry if possible.

• KurisuKurisu Posts: 197 ✭✭✭

I don't know the exact answer, I know they do make special holders for things but I think they decide when that happens...I would contact PCGS customer service and ask.

Coins are Neato!

"If it's a penny for your thoughts and you put in your two cents worth, then someone...somewhere...is making a penny." - Steven Wright