Home U.S. Coin Forum

1889-cc - most beautiful I’ve ever seen

Having made the first ever ms -65 1889-cc at the Pittsburgh ANA 30 years ago , and having bought the Bodway dollar set intact in 1993 , selling it to jack Lee, among hundreds of other amazing dollars I’ve handled , this 1889-cc is my favorite all around coin I’ve ever seen. A clean cheek, not dipped, and touch of toning make it tops. Enjoy ;-)

Comments

• RedStormRedStorm Posts: 221 ✭✭✭

Nice strike too, that eagle head feathering seems really pronounced. Good coin!

• KliaoKliao Posts: 5,441 ✭✭✭✭✭

Really pleasing coin with a touch of toning. I like!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• MFeldMFeld Posts: 11,869 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, Dwight! Hoping you’ve been well.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

Couple of clashes to boot. Very nice. Peace Roy?

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,581 ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus , thats a nice 89-cc

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding!

Collector, occasional seller

• pointfivezeropointfivezero Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

How ironic. I was just drooling over this listing on Heritage:

• DNADaveDNADave Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was that previously in an old ANACS holder ? The OP coin.

• Dwight_MDwight_M Posts: 51 ✭✭✭

Mine was in an ngc 65-pl holder from Larry miller’s collection. I first saw it at his house in 2000 and loved it. It did not CAC due to being called prooflike. If it had been in this holder and CAC it would have brought over 500,000.
    Side by side with the PCGS 68, it looks better, and that is why Larry passed on the ms-68 when he actually had them side by side.

• FlatwoodsFlatwoods Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice

• goldengolden Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

Super looking coin!

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a real beauty .... I love the CC Morgans (that is why I built a set years ago). I do not have one that can compare with that beauty though.... Very, very nice. Cheers, RickO

• PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 874 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DNADave said:
    Was that previously in an old ANACS holder ? The OP coin.

Most likely yes with that toning. Could also have been and old NGC holder that toned it like that but probably one of the little ANA/ANACS holders

• JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,018 ✭✭✭✭✭

I owed a 89-CC once loooooong time ago. A PCGS MS62. Short list of things I wish I never sold.

• fathomfathom Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thick mint frost as struck. Beautiful!

• LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭

Most definitely Charlie Brown approved!

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

i like charlie brown :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file