Home Sports Talk
Options

Bill Belichick is upset

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,976 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have loved to have heard this conversation, I bet it went something like this:

Bill: Please Tom come back, Cam is terrible!

Tom: Who's this?

Comments

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

So much like Bill Parcells it’s uncanny.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it, I really do. He has nobody to blame but himself.

• Options
    VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭

What goes up, must come down.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's interesting a tale of two cities.

In Philly we love Dick Vermeil to this day, and all he did was get the Eagles into a Super Bowl. While In Boston, numerous Patriots fans hate Bill Belichick, despite the historic success he has had.

If Belichick would have done that as head coach in Philly, he would have been elected mayor for life unanimously.

Frankly, anyone who believes that Brady was the main reason for the success over Belichick...i disagree with that, but that's okay. However anyone who believes that Bill Belichick didn't at least have a large part to do with that great success, sorry to inform you but you're probably not getting enough protein and too much sugar in your diet, it's affecting your cognitive brain function on this topic.

Granted the reasoning problem of these Patriots fans could be the Boston Harbor unfiltered muddy water in the drinking supply. ;)

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,251 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don’t live in New England but I’ve heard that the local sports casters have been blasting Bill all year. Me thinks omg, 6 Super Bowls and the Messiah of coaches. How could you? How could anyone?
    Then I remember all the news conferences that smug Bill full of himself disrespected reporters. What comes around, goes around.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,727 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    I don’t live in New England but I’ve heard that the local sports casters have been blasting Bill all year. Me thinks omg, 6 Super Bowls and the Messiah of coaches. How could you? How could anyone?
    Then I remember all the news conferences that smug Bill full of himself disrespected reporters. What comes around, goes around.

That could very well be the reason.

I guess as the years go by, regardless of the huge success, it's his personality that eventually irritates some fans to the point of hating Belichick no matter what he achieves.

I haven't seen all that, because i've only watched some of Belichick's interviews and press conferences on Youtube, maybe an hour or two in total, and have admired the unquestioned football genius of the man.

The surly personality of Belichick is obvious in those press conferences...but geez all those rings? I know i would gladly take the proposition of surly head coach but with historical GOAT success.

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,611 ✭✭✭✭✭

Maybe its time for Bilicheck to retire. Yesterday is yesterday...throwing a hissy fit and acting like a little girlie man by throwing a phone is bushleague to me. Maybe he should have fought harder to keep Brady and Gronk...but, I think that ship had sailed anyway. He also had to know that by having Newton as a qb was gonna be dicey. I think Newton is all about Newton, an example was his superman crap after running for the td. He's a looooooooooozer in my book,

I've enjoyed the Pats over the year's, but there are much more important things in my life. Football is just something to enjoy on tv, I'm not as immersed in the failure or success of this team as others are of theirs. In the scheme of life, this is just entertainment, no more, no less. I handle losses very well, I focus on positive stuff in my life.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Like I said I can’t stand 50% of him but the other 50% I respect 🤷‍♂️

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:

yes, BB is getting blasted up here.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Like I said I can’t stand 50% of him but the other 50% I respect 🤷‍♂️

the part i cant stand is the whole i am always right and i will prove it to you even when i am wrong thing. good examples are pushing brady out the door and literally throwing away a super bowl victory over the eagles away because he refused to play butler. all just because he is hard headed.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

This isn't Belichick's first time doing that kind of thing. He did it when we were winning too.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,481 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hating Bill Belichick in New England makes as much sense has Dallas fans hating Tom Landry at the end of his career when the Cowboys were doing poorly. It makes no sense at all.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?