Home Sports Talk

New Patriots QB?

craig44craig44 Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

just saw that washington released Dwayne Haskins. BB has rehabilitated a lot of players in the past. could this be the next one?

Comments

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Based on what I read of him coming out of college, he needs a really good QB coach and probably help with his throwing. But he threw 50 TDs. Seems like he could be a really good more traditional QB.

    Maybe?

  • doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 8,226 ✭✭✭✭✭

    He needs to get his head straight. Here is what Fox NFL Sunday said about him in this video.

    Hello, I'm a Joe Louis card addict.

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 28, 2020 4:34PM

    He is immature. He can't read defenses. He makes poor decisions. These traits can possibly be fixed.

    He is not mobile. He has a below average arm. He is a poor leader. These traits can't be learned.

    Besides I think it was more TB then BB in in rehabilitating guys on the offensive side of the ball.

    mark

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

    this has JaMarcus Russell written all over it

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @galaxy27 said:
    this has JaMarcus Russell written all over it

    Good call. Haskins looks and plays like he just smoked a bowl

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 3,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Justacommeman said:

    @galaxy27 said:
    this has JaMarcus Russell written all over it

    Good call. Haskins looks and plays like he just smoked a bowl

    m

    we need more of you around these parts compadre

  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Dangling Matt Ryan in here, take him off our hands, for reals.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I’m not saying he is going to be a legit starter but I’m also not writing him off either. Rivera benched him after a few games and probably destroyed the kids confidence, he wasn’t playing that bad early on if I remember correctly. Maybe behind the scenes he wasn’t giving it his all ect.. but I wasn’t the only one that thought Rivera was too hard on him early on.

  • stevekstevek Posts: 24,407 ✭✭✭✭✭

    <<< Dwayne Haskins signed a 4 year, $14,416,611 contract with the Washington Redskins, including a $8,504,808 signing bonus, $14,416,611 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,604,153. >>>

    This may explain at least some of it.

    Some players can handle the new found wealth, and some just can't.

  • erikthredderikthredd Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Bill will probably trade five years worth of picks for his man crush Jimmy Garoppolo this offseason.

    Eric

  • DarinDarin Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭✭

    I'm wondering if Cam Newton and Jimmy Garoppolo are both finished as NFL QB's?
    Cam because of ineptness and Jimmy because he's always injured.



  • Dave99BDave99B Posts: 7,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Jimmy Garoppolo

    Dave

    Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 3,633 ✭✭✭✭

    Haskins? Garoppolo? Wentz? Who knows?

    For sure, this guy is toast. This is what you look like after getting benched. I hope the Jets win!!!

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

    As far as I’m concerned and my opinion means nothing Jimmy G has 1 more year in SF. They bring in his replacement next year. Sam Darnold will be a 49er. Jimmy G’s a winner but has missed 23 games in 3 years. The best ability is availability.
    Matt Stafford will be a Patriot next year and the Patriots will draft a game changing TE and pay the money for a game changer on the outside. The opt outs will be back and this lost season will soon be forgotten.
    Bookmark this post. @perkdog Remember where you heard it first.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:
    As far as I’m concerned and my opinion means nothing Jimmy G has 1 more year in SF. They bring in his replacement next year. Sam Darnold will be a 49er. Jimmy G’s a winner but has missed 23 games in 3 years. The best ability is availability.
    Matt Stafford will be a Patriot next year and the Patriots will draft a game changing TE and pay the money for a game changer on the outside. The opt outs will be back and this lost season will soon be forgotten.
    Bookmark this post. @perkdog Remember where you heard it first.

    I’d rather you replace Stafford with Matt Ryan. Noted though 👍👍

  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Patriots cant draft

  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:
    As far as I’m concerned and my opinion means nothing Jimmy G has 1 more year in SF. They bring in his replacement next year. Sam Darnold will be a 49er. Jimmy G’s a winner but has missed 23 games in 3 years. The best ability is availability.
    Matt Stafford will be a Patriot next year and the Patriots will draft a game changing TE and pay the money for a game changer on the outside. The opt outs will be back and this lost season will soon be forgotten.
    Bookmark this post. @perkdog Remember where you heard it first.

    I will take stafford or ryan. either would be about a 400% improvement over the horse crap we have had lining up behind center this year.

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Boston would love Stafford. He's tough as nails

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 30, 2020 7:35PM

    Having watched both Stafford and Ryan for years as my alum/home team(s) QBs, either would be good for the pats for a few years. The Ryan buyout is too big but who knows.

    I think Stafford has a bigger hunger for success on a trade/sign up there though...

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Justacommeman said:
    Boston would love Stafford. He's tough as nails

    m

    Still he is always injured. Matt Ryan is pretty much on the field every game

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 31, 2020 10:39AM

    @perkdog said:

    @Justacommeman said:
    Boston would love Stafford. He's tough as nails

    m

    Still he is always injured. Matt Ryan is pretty much on the field every game

    Stafford started and finished 134 straight NFL games over 8 plus years until he broke his back half way through last season. He had a iron man streak going. Even with multiple injuries this year he started every game and finished all except last week.

    Yes Ryan is very durable as well. He never misses a game

    mark

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I don’t want Matty ice. I think 28-3 scarred him for life.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • DarinDarin Posts: 4,168 ✭✭✭✭

    Practically anyone would be better than Cam Newton so whoever they get
    for next year will be an improvement.



  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Darin said:
    Practically anyone would be better than Cam Newton so whoever they get
    for next year will be an improvement.

    He is a broken down valise

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @Justacommeman said:

    @perkdog said:

    @Justacommeman said:
    Boston would love Stafford. He's tough as nails

    m

    Still he is always injured. Matt Ryan is pretty much on the field every game

    Stafford started and finished 134 straight NFL games over 8 plus years until he broke his back half way through last season. He had a iron man streak going. Even with multiple injuries this year he started every game and finished all except last week.

    Yes Ryan is very durable as well. He never misses a game

    mark

    True but that back injury I suspect will linger for awhile though

  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

    What the Patriots really need right now is a quarterback that can throw 40 touchdowns a year and a couple of sure handed wide receivers that can run and catch the football.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @tommyrusty7 said:
    What the Patriots really need right now is a quarterback that can throw 40 touchdowns a year and a couple of sure handed wide receivers that can run and catch the football.

    Something along the lines of what the Bucs put together 🤷‍♂️

  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

    Yea, that would do it!
    The Buc's are going to the playoffs so they must have done something right.

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    What does anyone think of the Patriots taking QB Mac Jones, whether he falls or they trade up?

  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 20,379 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    What does anyone think of the Patriots taking QB Mac Jones, whether he falls or they trade up?

    If Zach Wilson is available at 14 that's the pick

    m

    Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 4, 2021 8:23PM

    @Justacommeman said:

    @thisistheshow said:
    What does anyone think of the Patriots taking QB Mac Jones, whether he falls or they trade up?

    If Zach Wilson is available at 14 that's the pick

    m

    That'd be great, but I was saying Jones because I thought he might still be on the board past pick ten. I've been thinking Wilson is much higher. Either way, with so many really good QB prospects I'd love to see them get one. But as I've said before, Belichick's end game is the coaching wins record. If he thinks he can get a veteran QB who can possibly give him five good years, I'm sure he would rather do that, trade down, and get an extra pick considering that the Patriots lost their third round over the video thing.

    Edit, auto correct.

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Bill doesn’t have time to break in a rookie. He’s getting a vet and bombing in the draft.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • craig44craig44 Posts: 4,383 ✭✭✭✭✭

    will it matter who is qb if nothing is done to address the WR/TE?

  • tommyrusty7tommyrusty7 Posts: 554 ✭✭✭

    @craig44 said:
    will it matter who is qb if nothing is done to address the WR/TE?

    Not a bit. Thats why Brady left.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Well me and two of my buddies put together a list of potential QB’s the winner gets a Dinner paid for by the other two.

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

    I think Andy Dalton should find it’s way on that list.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:
    I think Andy Dalton should find it’s way on that list.

    He's already there. :)

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog said:
    Well me and two of my buddies put together a list of potential QB’s the winner gets a Dinner paid for by the other two.

    How was this list put together? Is it who you think, or you put the names in a hat and everyone started picking? Because your list is the good list.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow We did a snake draft. I had first pick then Sully then SJT. We finished once we all picked 5 potential QB’s. @2dueces Im shocked you didn’t know Andy Dalton was the “Red Rifle”!

  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭✭✭

    Ahhh. I just scanned the list looking for Dalton. I’m going into the penalty box for 2 minutes.

    W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @2dueces said:
    Ahhh. I just scanned the list looking for Dalton. I’m going into the penalty box for 2 minutes.

    Ok Joe you served your time. Carry on 👍👍

  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @perkdog Is this bet based on opening day starter? Because it is possible that two of you end up being right, if they draft a QB to sit and sign a veteran.

  • perkdogperkdog Posts: 22,131 ✭✭✭✭✭

    @thisistheshow said:
    @perkdog Is this bet based on opening day starter? Because it is possible that two of you end up being right, if they draft a QB to sit and sign a veteran.

    Valid point and yes we covered that scenario. Opening day starter or first to see game action. 👍👍

Sign In or Register to comment.