Home Sports Talk

Who do you really think is going to win the Super Bowl?

doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 28, 2020 5:47AM in Sports Talk

I just don't know. The Bills look great, the Packers look great, the Saints have Brees back and might get really hot, the Chiefs always seem to find a way to win. I just don't know.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,357 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think the Bills have a legit shot.

• BrickBrick Posts: 4,923 ✭✭✭✭✭

Browns. And it's not debatable. :p

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,529 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm also leaning towards the Bills or possibly the Packers. Or maybe the, ah heck, I don't know!

@Brick said:
    Browns. And it's not debatable. :p

I’m officially rooting for the Browns or Bills. I’d like to see either team win it since the Pats are out

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think it will be a Team from the AFC, apologies to the Packers and Saints. I could see the Packers having an advantage if home-field mattered, but the NFL chose a long time ago to take that away in the most important game of the season. to the Browns, they were really hurt by the COVID-19 outbreak happening at exactly the wrong time, coupled with the inconsistent nature of the NFL. call me cynical, but if the Chiefs lost all their starting WR's do you think the NFL would force them to play?? the way it now stands, it is highly likely that Cleveland ends the season at 10-6 and misses the playoffs.

It's going to be interesting to see how things play out, it's certainly up for grabs this year. Anything can happen in the NFL.

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

Rams have a chance now because Goff is out with a broken thumb.

@galaxy27, hammer has spoken about Goff! I'm sounding the alarm!

@galaxy27 say his name.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

As much as I do not like to pick repeat winners from the previous year I'll go with KC.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tampa Bay.

@hammer1 said:
    Rams have a chance now because Goff is out with a broken thumb.

Goff has been playing injured for several weeks. Yesterday's injury to his thumb has just exacerbated what I believe now is a previous injury. The only reasonable explanation for the bizarre play calling lately is due to his playing injured. Why does he NEVER throw the long ball? He only throws passes for very, very short distances. Why do 90% of his throws wobble? Why are the short passes so low that the receivers have to dive to catch them? Why the fumbles? There is an answer and early on in the game yesterday, Troy Aikman figured it out and explained it. "Goff's thumb is injured and he can't grip the ball." And.....as Aikman said, "Mcvay is protecting him." I know you're a Ram's fan hammer so I expect that you've watched the games. So you explain to me, please, what has accounted for the STUPID play calls? People around here think Mcvay has lost his mind and should be fired. I was of that thinking too. ESPECIALLY while watching yesterday's game. But I was wrong........the Lovey Mrs. Hydrant who is such a Ram fanatic that she wears her Ram jersey while watching the games at home has been telling me for week's now that Goff is playing hurt. I just figured he's lost it. But......she was right.

I would be the first to hope that Mrs. H is right.

This is from the LA Rams website (ie other Ram fans who hoped Goff was the answer): http://www.laramsfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=36450&sid=cdb151e26e5e4a86a3033afe31db2d8e

• SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭✭

I believe, with 100% certainty, that the winner of the Superbowl will be one of two teams.

The two teams are the AFC and the NFC champions.

:)

Someone tell me my prediction is wrong!!!

I wish I could say the Panthers were in contention, but unfortunately, I don't have a dog in this fight!

Tom Brady.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's 2020....Skins for the wins!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 29, 2020 12:33PM

I'd like to see a KC/GB Super Bowl.

Green Bay would be the last team KC would like to see.

Green Bay's strength is the secondary

Green Bay's Achilles heel is run defense and KC doesn't run the ball. If you are the other team you want KC running the ball. That takes Mahomes , Hill and Kelce out of most of the plays.

Green Bay has a balanced offense and plays at a very slow rate. Long ass drives. They use the entire play clock almost every play . Less time for Mahomes to have the ball in his hands.

All this and KC might still win but this is the game I want to see.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,231 ✭✭✭✭✭

No one is playing better football than the Packers and Bills and Buffalo doesn’t have to go to Green Bay. If KC stumbles and the road to the Super Bowl goes through Buffalo the Bills will be 1-4 in Super Bowls.
    With the Steelers resting Ben the chances of Buffalo securing the #2 seed looks like a very good proposition. Even if Kansas City wins their game I still give the Bills a 50-50 chance in KC. But any given Sunday right?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    No one is playing better football than the Packers and Bills and Buffalo doesn’t have to go to Green Bay. If KC stumbles and the road to the Super Bowl goes through Buffalo the Bills will be 1-4 in Super Bowls.
    With the Steelers resting Ben the chances of Buffalo securing the #2 seed looks like a very good proposition. Even if Kansas City wins their game I still give the Bills a 50-50 chance in KC. But any given Sunday right?

The Bills remind me of the Chiefs in a lot of ways. I'll be rooting for them. There is lots to like

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,427 ✭✭✭✭✭

The road to the Super Bowl stills goes through Kansas City as much as I don’t care for them. I’d like to see Tampa do it, but they will be lucky to get through the first round.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • VikingDudeVikingDude Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

Anyone but the Packers please!

@Justacommeman said:

@2dueces said:

The Bills remind me of the Chiefs in a lot of ways. I'll be rooting for them. There is lots to like

m

I’m rooting for them as well.