Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

1985 Mario Lemieux PSA 9 rookies on fire

Demand is unreal for this card. Anyone else watching this craze ? Looks like the 80s kids are starting to come into some money.

Comments

• Options
    jackstrawjackstraw Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭

I can only imagine what the Box Bottoms go for now! I have a sweet 86 Box Bottom no 85's though!!

Collector Focus

ON ITS WAY TO NEWPORT BEACH, CA 92658
  • Options
    GoldenageGoldenage Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭✭✭

Those too. This elevator keeps going up with no top floor in sight. For now anyway.

• Options

I thought to my self a year and half so ago to grab a PSA 8 Box Bottom and Vintage Rookies had a couple for a 1000 and I thought no way and now they probably are 2 maybe 2500?

Collector Focus

• Options

Don’t let go of that one. I’m sure you know how hard it is to get those in high grade because of the box indentations from the factory. I had the first four PSA 9 topps box bottoms. Self submitted. Sold them at $300 a piece about 15 years ago. I still think the Topps is the toughest one to get, but I don’t know of the pop. The opc has better eye appeal. Great card.

• Options
    edited December 19, 2020 9:31AM

The bidding on this one looks suspicious. Last nice one sold for $3250 last week. Just as nice as this one.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/353322902149

• Options

That was a smart move hanging on to that one! I can't imagine what that ones worth?

Collector Focus

• Options

There was a collector on here that had a few PSA Box Bottoms. Not sure if he is still around?

Collector Focus

• Options
    FrozencaribouFrozencaribou Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've always loved 80's OPC and topps box bottoms. The Lemieux has always been one of my favourites.

Yeah, I self subbed all of these below. Probably should have kept one each of the OPC and Topps for the ol' PC...