Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Hoping for a nice Christmas present from my bank? PART 175. 2 Half Dollar boxes!

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,774 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck @joeykoins :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 15,066 ✭✭✭✭✭

1st. Roll no "W". Check for any possible errors/varieties later.
    One down two to go. :/

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    edited January 2, 2021 12:55PM

Part 4

Ok, went back to my favorite bank today!
    COME ON W's. Lol I noticed a few are different 2020 series. No enders.
    Out of the 15 rolls, I'll be happy with 2 more. Here we go...

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options

Hurray! First roll, 3rd coin! :/

• Options

:s
    Look at this 8th one I found.

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 7,076 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quick, slab those things "First several months of Discovery " :D
    Kidding, my friend! Congrats!

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score on the W quarters! I would like to have access to fresh quarters and be able to search for them.

• Options
    edited January 3, 2021 12:16PM

Here is the BEST one out of the 9 W's.

• Options
    WQuarterFreddieWQuarterFreddie Posts: 2,548 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations on the W finds! You may want to send in your best W to PCGS for grading. If you get an MS66 you get a nice return. MS67 and you hit the lottery....MS68 you hit the jackpot!😎

• Options

...You may want to send in your best W to PCGS for grading.

Thanks, that sounds like it may be my first submission of 2021? ;)

• Options

Part 5

Here we go for the weekend! I bet I won't find any "W's". Lol

• Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good luck!

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options

I might find some W's after all?

With Both Barrels Ablazing! Lol

Picked up 2 rolls.

• Options
    edited January 16, 2021 2:25PM

In the Cent Box. No enders. But there is this,

The Ender result. Nothing but a damaged 1994

• Options

OK, No W's in the two rolls. How 'bout some dimes? Rolling along...

• Options
    edited January 16, 2021 3:24AM

Nothing in the Dime rolls. Except, one 1970d Reverse of 1968 and another interesting one. I'll picture later. :)
    Haven't even started the Cent Box. That'll be for the weekend. I picked this box up from an entire different branch. Maybe, it will spring some luck? :)

• Options

Here are the two Dimes of interest.
    1970d Reverse of 1968

1974d Two different alloys?

• Options

Start of the Cent Bank Box.
    Good Sign? First roll, a Wheatie.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Part 5

Here we go for the weekend! I bet I won't find any "W's". Lol

You will if you find a "W"heatie.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

Found today while CRH.

• Options

Found in the 8th roll.

• Options
    edited January 19, 2021 1:54AM

Been on a dry spell on this current box. Sure, found 18 wheaties but nothing of any significance. Oldest wheat, 1927d. However, did find these two coins. After the 43rd roll.

Brass?

An old Euro cent

• Options

Part 6

It must be the Weekend? Lol
    Not a box but 16 rolls. 12 Cents and 4 Nickels ;)

• Options

Oh, these guys wanted to join the Weekend Party as well! 5 rolls more. Lol

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just went through a box of 2020-D Salt River Bay and found no W's.
    The coins were pretty rough overall (many marks) but several were very PL, almost DMPL.

• Options
    edited January 23, 2021 3:24PM

Ok, finished the Quarter Roll and the 4 Dime Rolls. Along with the 1961p Silver Dime. Here are three more. Two Reverse of the 1968s Proof dime. 1970 and the 1970d. Then One strange 1965

Now, onto the Cent and Nickel Search

1970p

1970d

This completes having found all three in the Reverse of The 1968 PF. Dime Set. I have the 1969p Somewhere?

The 1965. Check out the 1 and 9 in the Date?

http://www.error-ref.com/transitional-reverse-1969-1970-dime-with-proof-re/

• Options
    edited January 24, 2021 8:28AM

Found another 1964d possible RPM?

Here is Mine. Most probably NOT a match.

Here is the closest to mine. by Variety vista

• Options
    edited January 24, 2021 10:11AM

Well, finally found a decent semi key date wheatie. Albeit very horrible condition, esp. with the green substance that attracts these old coins. The 1916s. Cool, even though, right? I did soak the coin in acetone for only about 10 min. Should I try to soak it longer or will it really do more harm than good? Thanks guys. ;)

• Options
    edited February 3, 2021 11:27AM

Part 7
    Ok, here we go guys! Went to my bank today aiming for quarters. Esp. for the "W's". So I ask the teller for a box of quarters then to try to look for the "shiny quarters " by looking through the holes? She said sure. So, moments later she came back with a box with NO holes, she felt bad. I said, no that's ok dear, thank you! Got to my car and took a blade to open. Check out what she gave me. Lol

Ready?

A Whole Box of the NEW 2020 Rockefellers!!! Yippie. :D

This is surely going to be a fun journey. Whether I find any or not? What luck, huh? Hopefully, this is a good sign? I'll check later for any enders. Going to my favorite B+M shop to try to C.P. the 1901p Morgan variety or even the 1902p ddr. This could be my day? See ya guys.

• Options

Lol. This could be my lucky day after all? Stopped to get gas before I went to my favorite B+M shop. Look what I found on the ground at the pump. Lol.

• Options

:# Looks bleak. First of all, NO Enders. Also, after going through 13 rolls, NOTHING! I think by now I would have found at least one. Feeling pessimistic. Different then when I first picked these up. I'll keep in touch. Thanks
    Unbelievable. :/

• Options
    edited February 3, 2021 7:56PM

Yep, just went through 2000 Quarters. Not one "W". Oh well, I sort of knew it after looking at 100 ends of the rolls and not seeing a single, " W". Have to share the wealth. Good Luck guys finding whatever you're searching for in your rolls. ;)

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Everyone gets a dry spell. Some slow down, some stop, some keep on going hoping to find the next score.

That 16-s looks like the corrosion has pitted the surface. I don't think you can do much with that.

• Options

Part 8

Ok, here we go again. Same looking box as last time. Different bank. Hoping for a WAY better outcome?

No complete new rolls this time but I bet They'll be more "W's" in this circulated box then my last uncirculated box. Lol we'll see, right? Here we go!

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

Part 8

Ok, here we go again. Same looking box as last time. Different bank. Hoping for a WAY better outcome?

No complete new rolls this time but I bet They'll be more "W's" in this circulated box then my last uncirculated box. Lol we'll see, right? Here we go!

Crystal ball says zippo on the W's but you will find 7 Canadian quarters and 1 Chuck E. Cheese token, ex: @emeraldATV collection.☹️

• Options

20 rolls in. So far you're right. No W's as of yet. But I found 8 interesting other quarters. Maybe, one is a sintered off metal statehood? Pics later today. :)

• Options
    edited February 6, 2021 3:55PM

Oh well, done with my second box of Quarters. NO W's. NO Silver, either. Just about 5 really nice conditioned Statehoods, along with some other interesting ones. I'll picture them later. Right now though, going back to another bank for somemore Quarters. It'll be my third bank box in 3 days! Weekend fun.

2000 Quarters. Going back.

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

you have motivated me. I am going to get a couple quarter rolls today, as I still have yet to obtain a W quarter :(

• Options

@davewesen said:
    you have motivated me. I am going to get a couple quarter rolls today, as I still have yet to obtain a W quarter :(

You better hurry up so I don't bump in front of you in line. Lol. :D

• Options

Part 9

Ok, I was wrong with the last box thinking I'd find a W or two with the circulated box. To no prevail. Maybe this Part of the CRHunt will have a better outlook. After all, I am on a bit of a roll with my recent submission results? Long weekend. Maybe I'll find another 1942d over Horizontal d in a much better condition? Many varieties in the circulated quarters too. I love this hobby. Esp. When CRH has no cost, just plain FUN. :)

• Options
    edited February 5, 2021 11:10PM

FINALLY!

After 3 days of searching through Quarter bank boxes, 3 whole boxes. Tracked down that stubborn 2020 W / 75 Privy, Rockefeller. Still have 15 rolls to go. :#

Still have 38 to check in this roll where I found it. Stay tuned...

YES

Another one in that same roll with 3 more to check?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations Joey... Your diligence has paid off very well in W quarters. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@WQuarterFreddie said:
    Congratulations on the W finds! You may want to send in your best W to PCGS for grading. If you get an MS66 you get a nice return. MS67 and you hit the lottery....MS68 you hit the jackpot!😎

Love your insight and encouragement! I landed right smack dab in the middle of your scale. Thanks ;)

• Options
    edited February 11, 2021 8:49AM

Part 10

Not a box but 5 rolls. Sometimes big things come in small packages? Lol. Check it out, guys.
    First roll opened. 3 W's. 2020 Rockefeller's

The rest of the 4 rolls

2 More! 5 TOTAL

#18, #19, #20, #21 and #22. :D

• Options
    edited February 11, 2021 8:49PM

Part 11

A Bag of FUN!

This Time 20 Rolls :D

RESULTS: 6 More

#23, #24, #25, #26, #27 and #28.

• Options
    edited February 11, 2021 9:35PM

Part 12

It's been awhile for a Bank box of pennies.

Here We GO!

• Options
    edited February 12, 2021 1:51PM

Part 13

Haven't even finished "Part 12" yet. But here are a couple of near future searches.

Another Bank Box and 10 New Rolls of the Rockefellers.

Just Added

Does the MADNESS ever end? Lol :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file