Home U.S. Coin Forum

New purchase for my incomplete planchet 7070 type set

seanqseanq Posts: 8,617 ✭✭✭✭✭

So earlier this year I picked up a clipped Barber Half for this set, the first I'd seen since I started filling the album twenty-odd years ago. Last month I happened across another very tough coin for the set, and while not unique, it was the first I was able to afford.

Behold my new clipped American Silver Eagle

Like the Barber half, this coin is in a PCGS holder, though it probably won't be for much longer as I really want these coins to live in the Dansco album. The grade on the holder is MS68, which isn't quite lofty enough for me to worry about mishandling the piece, and most of the value is tied to the clip, which I can't harm by putting it in the album.

With this addition, the album is only seven coins short of being complete - the 20 cent piece, a few early halves and dollars, and the modern commem. For now I have a Presidential Dollar in the modern commem spot. Even if the set never progresses beyond this point, it's been a joy to put together.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file