Home Sports Talk
Options

Is Taysom Hill the Saints QB of the future?

LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 16, 2020 9:43AM in Sports Talk

Thoughts on the human Swiss army knife?
https://youtu.be/DktC_dnhkp0

Comments

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Did you know that you can bet the over/under of how many times they mention this guy on the weekly broadcasts?

Kordell stewart is jealous

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

I enjoy watching him play, he's very entertaining. I hope we get to see more of him in the future. Drew is great, but Taysom has stolen my heart. I don't want Drew to come back, Taysom is my new quarterback. If Drew does return, don't tell my heart!

• Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bronco2078 said:
    Did you know that you can bet the over/under of how many times they mention this guy on the weekly broadcasts?

So there are at least two of us who remember the Kordell Stewart hoopla. It was so over the top it was ridiculously funny. ........Actually it wasn't funny at all. It was blatant patronizing. IMHO.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

ahhh. good old slash

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

There’s been a long line of Kordell Stewart’s and each one has been hyped beyond ridiculous. There’s one thing in common they all have. Zero super Bowl rings.
    Stewart
    Vince Young
    Michael Vick
    CK
    Lamar Jackson
    Tyler Murray

Let’s talk about Tayson Hill. 30 years old. Below average passer. Below average football intelligence (reading defenses)
    No he’s not the future for any football team.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,013 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wish my cats had a decent team every year like the Saints do. They're all in cahoots to make my life miserable!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

to answer this question seriously, Jayson Tatum is not a franchise quarterback. the novelty was all fun and games until a few weeks went by and a team like Philly got tape on him, then the novelty wore off. same thing is gonna happen to the quarterback who beat him last weekend -- probably against the Cardinals in 3 days.

also, i (regrettably) believe this season to be Drew Brees's last hurrah

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

@galaxy27 said:
    seriously, Jayson Tatum

I can't take you seriously if you call him Jayson Tatum ;)

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 17, 2020 3:45PM

@Hydrant said:

@bronco2078 said:

So there are at least two of us who remember the Kordell Stewart hoopla. It was so over the top it was ridiculously funny. ........Actually it wasn't funny at all. It was blatant patronizing. IMHO.

I remember "slash"

Edit to add: I am uncertain regarding Hill. I don't know enough about him to say if he can be an every game starting QB. Perhaps he will get his chance and we'll see.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,513 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 18, 2020 8:36AM

Brees is back for the game against KC I’m reading. Oh and “Kordell get in there and punt!!”

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Brees is back for the game against KC I’m reading. Oh and “Kordell get in there and punt!!”

https://youtu.be/yJ8ZjFlbB8s

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,484 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    I wish my cats had a decent team every year like the Saints do. They're all in cahoots to make my life miserable!

Go back to the pre Drew Breez era, and Saints were known as the "Aiants."futility was a way of life for them and their fans.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

I remember Saints fans wearing paper bags over their heads singing " Another one kicks our butts" to the tune of "Another one bites the dust."

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph