Home PSA Set Registry Forum

One of my submission cards got an N9. I have no clue why.

Briefly...I sent in a 100 card submission in May, I got them yesterday. All cards are good except for the one shown below. I own the #1 David Ortiz Master Topps set, and have well over 300+++ PSA graded cards in the set, some are awaiting addition to the composition.
So, the card in question is a 2011 Topps Lineage, #75RDO. IMO, the card would easily grade a PSA 8, or better, maybe even a 10.
There are a TON of variations in the set, and it baffles me as to why, when I read what the N9 code says, why this card was not graded. It is pertinent to note that PSA has 2 cards in the POP report, a PSA 8 and a PSA 9. So, PSA has graded this card previously. The card is a mini, so it doesn't fall into the oversize arena...and it surely isn't obscure, it was printed in 2011.

I have reported this to PSA requesting a clarification. No response yet, but will post whatever they say when I get it. Attached pics are the exact card, both sides in and out of the sleeve. The sleeved will show what PSA responded with. I truly have not a remote clue why this card would not be allowed into the Ortiz Master Topps set.

COMMENTS, THOUGHTS WELCOME

N-9 Don't Grade - When we do not grade an issue. The cards may be oversized or an obscure issue. You will not be charged the grading fee.

Comments

• DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s not an N9 - no grade, or it would say that on the label. It’s a “no holder,” which could be for any of a number of reasons. Either way, I agree it’s baffling.

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting: 1964 Venezuelan Topps, Patriots team HOFers, Andre Tippett, 1968 Venz Red Sox, 1974 Topps Sox

• MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭✭

@DBesse27 said:
    That’s not an N9 - no grade, or it would say that on the label. It’s a “no holder,” which could be for any of a number of reasons. Either way, I agree it’s baffling.

I think its just semantics. The N9 starts with "no grade", I guess the label I got could have said "no grade", vs "no holder". With the dozens and dozens of variations in this set, I can't fathom why a mini relic 75 card would not be graded.

• bobsbbcardsbobsbbcards Posts: 3,227 ✭✭✭
    edited December 12, 2020 4:21AM

I suppose you could take it literally as "NOHOLDER": We ran out of holders cause Jerry forgot to order some—stupid Jerry. :/

It will be interesting to see what PSA says. Good luck! This is one situation that I haven't run into as of yet (famous last words). :(

• electrodeelectrode Posts: 162 ✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2020 4:28PM

Good question.