Home World & Ancient Coins Forum
Options

Collectors Universe bought privately by investors group. What affect do you think this will have?

Comments

• Options
    pruebaspruebas Posts: 4,326 ✭✭✭✭✭

The good: the large dividend could be better put to use expanding the business and improving turn-around times for increased revenue.

The bad: private equity has a historically bad track record of loading up companies with debt, extracting most of the cash, not investing in the core business nor the employees, and spinning off the corporate carcass to slowly die.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@pruebas said:
    The good: the large dividend could be better put to use expanding the business and improving turn-around times for increased revenue.

The bad: private equity has a historically bad track record of loading up companies with debt, extracting most of the cash, not investing in the core business nor the employees, and spinning off the corporate carcass to slowly die.

private equity kills everything it touches :/

• Options
    FilamCoinsFilamCoins Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭

I smell a bubble in the collectibles market. Hope this works out for investors, staff and customers alike.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,945 ✭✭✭✭✭

No.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

Will Brett still be president or will they replace him?

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    brg5658brg5658 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not keen on the move personally, but I will refrain from posting my complete thoughts because I like participating in this forum and I don't want to be banned.

:wink:

-Brandon
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
    My sets: [280+ horse coins] :: [France Sowers] :: [Colorful world copper] :: [Beautiful world coins]
    -~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

• Options

Whoever said that if you are rich enough you cannot choose your own grades? >:)

• Options
    OnedollarnohollarOnedollarnohollar Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭✭

this is a wait and see

• Options
    500Bay500Bay Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭

Sorry for what may be a basic question - what does this mean for a current stock holder? Will they receive a cash buyout of their shares?

Finem Respice
  • Options
    edited December 3, 2020 6:13PM

@500Bay said:
    Sorry for what may be a basic question - what does this mean for a current stock holder? Will they receive a cash buyout of their shares?

It means once the tender offer is active, your broker will ask you whether or not you wish to tender your shares to the acquiring entity for the agreed price. If you say "no," then several months down the road (assuming 50%+1 of the shares were tendered by others) the corporation will automatically cash in your shares for the exact same price that you would have gotten had you tendered them (perhaps minus any dividends paid out).

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,858 ✭✭✭✭✭

increase in fees?

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

I noticed in Brett's email yesterday that Collector Club membership went from 12,000 in 2018 to 20,000 in 2020.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is mittens involved?