Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Chick-N-Coins!

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 10, 2020 2:41AM in U.S. Coin Forum

This isn't something I ever expected to see, but I like it!

How did you get one of these? Were they free or did you have to pay for them?

Anyone here eat a Chik-fil-A back in '76?

Comments

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice.
    Would've been cooler if they counterstamped them instead of just putting them in a flip with their brand on them, though

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2020 4:54AM

@bolivarshagnasty said:
    Have you slept since the pandemic began?

eBay loves me :D

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanna know what keywords you used to find them! Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is cool and I like it as well

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Chick-fil-A were shopping mall only outlets in the southeast in those days IIRC. Don’t remember the bicentennial promotion though as I was 16 at the time.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I do not ever remember even being near a Chick-fil-A.... and did not know about the coin promotion... Nice idea though. I wonder how they were distributed? Cheers, RickO

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some interesting OT history about the chain:

https://businessinsider.com/chick-fil-a-history-and-facts-2016-1

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    bolivarshagnastybolivarshagnasty Posts: 7,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

My favorite fast food restaurant by far. They were the first in our area to figure out how to safely and efficiently serve folks during the pandemic.

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 1, 2020 8:56AM

Good thing people at the Mint aren't allowed to eat food on the production floor....... Likely not the case with Chick-fil-A & their product, but if they did, and employees ate the stuff from KFC, could you imagine how many more examples there'd be out there of "coins struck thru grease"?!!!! :o;)

• Options
    jdimmickjdimmick Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had a couple of those chick fil a quarters come in before

Years ago, when I used to travel for HUD, I was seated next to the late Sam Cathy (founder of cfa) , very nice and religous man. He was enroute to a store opening in the Huntsville Al area. First class seats, Im sure he paid for his, i got mine due to the high volume of traveling I did.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

There was never a CfA near me until just a couple years ago.

Great items, but I noticed they didn't flatten their staples!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭✭✭

The small dollar.com site is excellent. Thanks. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

They opened a new Cfa near us, and it has a long line of cars thru the drive-thru ALL HOURS of the day!! A GOLDMINE!!

• Options
    7Jaguars7Jaguars Posts: 7,268 ✭✭✭✭✭

For pharma cholesterol drug makers!

Love that Milled British (1830-1960)
    Well, just Love coins, period.
  • Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,444 ✭✭✭✭✭

@7Jaguars said:
    For pharma cholesterol drug makers!

They give you a choice. Their chicken meals can be bought grilled or battered and fried. Their grilled chicken nugget are quite good.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

@DBSTrader2 said:
    Good thing people at the Mint aren't allowed to eat food on the production floor....... Likely not the case with Chick-fil-A & their product, but if they did, and employees ate the stuff from KFC, could you imagine how many more examples there'd be out there of "coins struck thru grease"?!!!! :o;)

Or a double struck chicken bone. :)

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file