Home Sports Talk

Ravens - Steelers game

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Now Wednesday...kickoff 3:40 Eastern.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 30,164 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ttttttt... until it gets rescheduled again. They should just reschedule till the end of the season, how can they play Wednesday then be ready for Sunday again?

• HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

@perkdog said:
    Ttttttt... until it gets rescheduled again. They should just reschedule till the end of the season, how can they play Wednesday then be ready for Sunday again?

Same as two teams playing on Sunday then again on Thursday. Happens every week.

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,578 ✭✭✭✭✭

The time of the game was moved up to 3:40 PM to allow NBC TV coverage of the Rockefeller Center tree lighting coverage from NYC.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".

@Hydrant said:

@perkdog said:

Same as two teams playing on Sunday then again on Thursday. Happens every week.

Good point

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

how can they play Wednesday then be ready for Sunday again?

they have re-scheduled the Steelers for Monday and the Ravens for Tuesday.

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'll be shooting up to the bar for the game as well as the Champions League games (that soccer you boys don't like) this afternoon.

• 2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,361 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Steelers are not going to let their foot off the gas for this game. They don’t like the Ravens, they don’t like the BS having to play this game 6 days later. This isn’t like a bye. They had to be prepared 3 different times to play, Thursday not being able to plan thanksgiving with family, again Sunday and now finally today. The Steelers lead the NFL in 27 different defensive categories. The Ravens are without 7 Pro Bowlers. QB, center, 2 RB, guard, tackle and tight end. The Steelers don’t care and will harass RGIII from the first snap.

The Swami (me) predicts the final 30-10 Steelers in a rout. Baltimore will be held to under 200 yards total.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.

RG3 still playing was surprising to me. They kept it close, might have been different if Lamar Jax was playing..

The Swami (me) predicts the final 30-10 Steelers in a rout. Baltimore will be held to under 200 yards total.

wrong on both counts, turn in your turban. you should realize that this is a rivalry game so they typically are closer than they should be. RG3 probably should have been on the bench after that short run where he came up lame. without the option of him running he is a liability.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:

wrong on both counts, turn in your turban. you should realize that this is a rivalry game so they typically are closer than they should be. RG3 probably should have been on the bench after that short run where he came up lame. without the option of him running he is a liability.

We know that when RG3 gets hurt he still has to play , its an official rule

• DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2020 6:02AM

Tons of pissed off people out yesterday with the at&t/tegna contract dispute. It wasn't on in a ton of markets unless you had a different cable service, antenna, or apps/streams. Bars around me didn't have it at all.

edited December 3, 2020 6:32AM

I didn't figure on a 3rd string QB and a Cornerback jumping the wrong route for 70 yard TD with 3 minutes to go. I also didn't figure in 8 dropped passes by the Steelers one to wrap up the game with 3 minutes to go. They do get paid to catch a football or so I heard. The Ravens gained 219 yards

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2020 7:15AM

didn't watch this game, but was aware of the situation going into it. in addition to having a depleted roster, i read where a number of Ravens players were also getting hurt during the game (probably because........wait for it.........they hadn't been able to properly practice for like 10 days leading up to it). also read where Baltimore threw for 90 yards in the entire game, with 70 coming on one play...............AND they blew a golden opportunity to score at the tail end of the first half.

and Pittsburgh won by 5 points?

they may be the most fraudulent undefeated team at this stage of a season in any sport ever

you'll never be able to outrun a bad diet

edited December 3, 2020 7:31AM

Pittsburgh did not look good at all. 3 times inside the 10, first and goal and came away with 2 field goals. I said 8 dropped passes but game stats had it at 10. You can nitpick an 11-0 team to death but they are 11-0. They have another pretender on their schedule, the Cleveland Browns at 8-3. They have beaten 1 team with a winning record the Colts. 8 wins, 1 team in contention. In two weeks the Steelers go to Buffalo. I guess we’ll see if they stay undefeated and or if Buffalo will be the team the ‘72 Dolphins pop their champagne for.

W.C.Fields
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2020 10:49AM

I watched the game. Biggest impression I got out of it?......Man, those Steeler uniforms are groovy!

• doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 3, 2020 11:15AM

@2dueces said:
    Pittsburgh did not look good at all. 3 times inside the 10, first and goal and came away with 2 field goals. I said 8 dropped passes but game stats had it at 10. You can nitpick an 11-0 team to death but they are 11-0. They have another pretender on their schedule, the Cleveland Browns at 8-3. They have beaten 1 team with a winning record the Colts. 8 wins, 1 team in contention. In two weeks the Steelers go to Buffalo. I guess we’ll see if they stay undefeated and or if Buffalo will be the team the ‘72 Dolphins pop their champagne for.

Yes, and Mike Tomlin was furious with his team. He called their effort "Junior Varsity". It's all over the internet!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30439948/frustrated-mike-tomlin-calls-pittsburgh-steelers-effort-matinee-win-really-junior-varsity?platform=amp

He should be. He’s letting them know they won’t beat a good team playing like that. That game was embarrassing

W.C.Fields

I have said this since forever, the season is long and the more times a Team wins consecutive games the harder it is to continue doing that. I agree, the Steelers didn't play very well --- but --- it is to their credit that they won despite that fact. all things considered, I'm sure both the Steelers and the Ravens are glad to have that weird, weird week of Football behind them so that maybe they can get their game-heads back on.

• steel75steel75 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭✭

These Steelers are falling into the trap of "playing to the level of your competition".

1970's Steelers, Vintage Indians
  • BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

@steel75 said:
    These Steelers are falling into the trap of "playing to the level of your competition".

It’s what happened to New England when they almost ran the table. It’s a 16 game season plus the play-offs which is very long indeed.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?