Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1901o Barber Dime, Horizontal 0?

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 30, 2020 1:58PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I picked it up today. Is it the variety "Horizontal 0". I'm hoping, anyway? If not, that's ok too. I know, it has a rim ding. It does look to have a RPM as well?
Another Barber to add to my collection.When I get home, my scope. :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope! Turn the MM on your coin 90 degrees and it would be! The O is taller than it is wide.

• Options
    clarkbar04clarkbar04 Posts: 4,928 ✭✭✭✭✭

Put your other shoe on, that'll fix it.

MS66 taste on an MS63 budget.
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,997 ✭✭✭✭✭

Definitely not.

What looks horizontal about that alignment?

• Options
    gonzergonzer Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭✭✭

Vertical is the new horizontal.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't remember this variety. I just googled it and took a look at variety vista. Can someone post a pic of what the horizontal o would look like?

• Options

@thisistheshow said:
    I don't remember this variety. I just googled it and took a look at variety vista. Can someone post a pic of what the horizontal o would look like?

Rotate the coin 90 degrees. It is literally the exact same mintmark that was punched into the coin die at the wrong orientation.

• Options

@gonzer said:
    Vertical is the new horizontal.

Horizontal is the new vertical if you drink...

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@thisistheshow said:

Rotate the coin 90 degrees. It is literally the exact same mintmark that was punched into the coin die at the wrong orientation.

Thank you

• Options

@jesbroken said:
    Here is a pic PCGS's CoinFacts, note the roundness of the O and the rectangular inner portion with the indentions top and bottom.
    Jim

This is O over horizontal O, to be clear, since Joey didn't refer to it that way.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,884 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 7:40PM

@jmlanzaf said:
    This is O over horizontal O, to be clear, since Joey didn't refer to it that way.

This is true. I didn't explain it correctly. I can see where some would think the whole MM, that is visible, should look "Horizontal" Sorry and thanks for righting my wrong. :)

Yeah, like you guys pointed out already, NO Variety. Thanks

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    TreashuntTreashunt Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭✭✭

agreed, not the horiz O

Frank

BHNC #203

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That second set of pictures makes it very clear, not the variety and not an RPM. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file