Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

It has finally arrived!

Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited December 7, 2020 9:29AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Ordered something on EBay and the shipment info goes from in USPS possession to waiting for item. And to make matters more confusing USPS website says it is in transit arriving late.

Comments

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭

It's that time between Thanksgiving and Christmas...add Covid on top of that. Stuff is getting nuts at the post office, I've heard. I've already had 2 Amazon packages go MIA and have an Ebay coin that's over a week out.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    fathomfathom Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a registered mail from 11/23 that hasn't hit the tracking yet.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have had to file 5 USPS package searches in the last week. 2 are still outstanding.
    Moving very slow without package scans.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

I shipped a item 11/12 GA to a IA PO Box via first class mail and it didn't arrive until 11/27. I must admit it's the first I've had delayed so far this year but it does happen at times.

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

Same here...

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • Options
    PRIZ430PRIZ430 Posts: 306 ✭✭✭

Postal Service has been AWFUL of late, I have 3 INCOMING and 1 OUTGOING floating around the postal system for almost 2 weeks. I no longer have any confidence in the postal service.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can tell you it's nuts at the Post Office these days. I did something today I might regret and rarely do. Mondays are usually busy...might be a line of 6 or 8. Today there was probably 30 people in line! Don't care to stand in line for 30 minutes with this covid thing going on so I dropped them in the prepaid package bin. As busy as they are I bet it will cost me strikes on my ebay account because they won't get scanned today.

• Options
    edgaredgar Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

7 of my last 9 items have gone from "out for delivery" to "in transit arriving late", then go dark for 4 or 5 days before being delivered. I know its not my carrier person.

(l8-)>>

• Options
    airplanenutairplanenut Posts: 21,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

There's something in the USPS tracking that randomly has the pre-shipment info show up. It's been like that for years, and while sometimes it shows up correctly (right when the label is made), often it can show up a few days after the label is made, which is usually while the package is enroute. If the package has been scanned anywhere along its journey, then it's a completely meaningless entry in the tracking history.

JK Coin Photography - eBay Consignments | High Quality Photos | LOW Prices | 20% of Consignment Proceeds Go to Pancreatic Cancer Research
  • Options
    Tom147Tom147 Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

eBay item scheduled to arrive today. It's still sitting in Calif. ( for 5 days ) I'm in Ohio. Don't think it's gonna make it.

• Options
    rec78rec78 Posts: 5,691 ✭✭✭✭✭

I ordered a coin from Canada a few weeks ago. The estimated delivery date is Dec. 8 to Jan.13? I have a few sitting in the local facility for a few days now-When they are this far-they usually show up the same or next day. Most times coins from Canada arrive within 8- 10 days. I have been told that the PO is very busy now and employees are working 12 hour days. The Christmas shopping season has started early this year.

• Options

This glitch where it shows "preshipment info blah blah" after shipment is an eBay glitch only, doesn't affect the package moving.

Shipping is sometimes slow right now with such high volumes, wouldn't worry at all just a little late.

• Options

@gradeacoins said:
    This glitch where it shows "preshipment info blah blah" after shipment is an eBay glitch only, doesn't affect the package moving.

Shipping is sometimes slow right now with such high volumes, wouldn't worry at all just a little late.

Thanks. Good to know it is just a glitch. Sounds like a lot of people are having slowed mail.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

Left Chicago to Fort Worth about 3 hours from me November 14th and back to Chicago. Yeah I’m scratching my head too.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sent out many packages and its just that the post people haven't scanned the item for a while and its the day of or passed the estimated delivery date. I've give it a couple days. Don't worry you'll get it.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

Had a package leave Seoul, Korea to Alaska and took five days... Weird stuff.

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mdcoincollector2003 said:
    Ordered something on EBay and the shipment info goes from in USPS possession to waiting for item. And to make matters more confusing USPS website says it is in transit arriving late.

Something similar happened to an eBay purchase I made a month or so ago.
    The coin eventually showed up 3 weeks later.....and by that time I had actually forgotten about it....😆

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, had a package that was supposed to arrive yesterday, did not. Today I checked the tracking...got messages similar to the OP.... will arrive late. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DBSTrader2DBSTrader2 Posts: 3,460 ✭✭✭✭

I've had packages (not coins) bounce back & forth between nearby & far apart postal centers, etc after making it to practically just around the corner, for one reason or another. Have all finally gotten to their destinations, but nerve-wracking anyway. And this was BEFORE Covid, the election slow-down/dismantling, holidays, etc............

• Options

Still no updates. Looked up the post office it is at (Elk Grove Village). 1.6 starts on google many many reviews of people complaining that their package sat Thayer for days or weeks.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Have you gone to the USPS site and filed a missing mail search?
    Sometimes that helps. ;)

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    Have you gone to the USPS site and filed a missing mail search?
    Sometimes that helps. ;)

Just filled one out. Thanks for the advice

• Options
    ModwriterModwriter Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

@rec78 said:
    I ordered a coin from Canada a few weeks ago. The estimated delivery date is Dec. 8 to Jan.13? I have a few sitting in the local facility for a few days now-When they are this far-they usually show up the same or next day. Most times coins from Canada arrive within 8- 10 days. I have been told that the PO is very busy now and employees are working 12 hour days. The Christmas shopping season has started early this year.

Love your photo.

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Post office needed a mulligan.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have two packages in limbo right now. Both very late. One expensive, one not. One priority, one not.

November 29th is the common date when both went to a status of running late, but in transit. One at NJ distribution, another at Greensboro distribution. I call BS.

I switched all shipments to Fedex and doubt I will ever be back to the us postal service.

Amazingly, all Amazon shipments, whether via usps or UPS have been on time, a day ahead, or a day late. And tracking was correct.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options

Update: After spending nine days at Elk Grove I got a message this morning that it arrived at Baltimore. An hour later it left Baltimore. That shows how slow Elk Grove is. It spent nine days there compared to an hour at Baltimore.

• Options
    291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,948 ✭✭✭✭✭

The slow down in package delivery is likely to get worse as we get closer to Christmas. You should get your package but just when is another question. Covid19 has shifted much buying to the internet and this has led to a huge increase in package volume. I saw a news story earlier this week that indicated that UPS had reached capacity and was limiting package pick-ups from some customers.

All glory is fleeting.
  • Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have a couple packages that haven't been scanned for days and one that just arrived after being late for several days. The Holliday rush is here.

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS partnered with Dominion Systems.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sometimes I don't understand how the logistics of the USPS. I'm basically in the metro Atlanta area. My last package spent 3 days once it hit my area at 3 other locations before it got to mine!

• Options

Good news! I got a message that it arrive today; yes on Sunday. It was all intact and well packaged. It was a 8 pound lot of foreign coins. Here are the funds.
    In the way of exchangeable currency (I keep the better currency and sell it as lots on eBay)
    -48.85 German marks
    -4 Australian dollars
    -8.65 Swiss francs
    -2.65 British pounds
    -4.20 Canada dollars
    -387 yen
    -15 danish kroner
    Silver coins:

My favorite has to be the Bahrain 500 fils. It was not intended for circulation same with the Canadian dollar.
    Proofs

The US coins

OLD FOREIGN COINS/ tokens:
    -Gallienus Roman Deer coin 244-249 AD
    -Chinese fractional cash token 1269-late 1300s
    -dateless William iii half penny (1690s)
    -1735 1/2 penny UK
    -1750 Sweden ore
    -1756 Netherlands indie duit
    -1769 Netherlands indie 1/2 duit
    -1778 French sol
    -1783 French sol
    -178* 1/2 penny UK

• dateless George iii 1/2 penny
    • 2 x 1790 Netherlands indie duit
    • 1790 Netherlands indie double duit
    • 1813 British indies (Java island) 1/2 stuiver
    • 1815 Netherlands indies duit
    • 1821 Spain 8 merevedis
      -1830 Columbia farthing token
      HUGE COINS
      -China Ho-NaN 200 cash
      -China Ho-NaN 100 cash
      Both 1920s don’t remember the exact date
  • Options

This was all in a bulk lot of 8lbs of foreign coins

• Options

Ok so this is pretty cool. The coin I though was a 178* King George iii half penny is not. When I was putting it away I noticed it had different lettering and searched it up to find it is a 1787 Connecticut draped bust variety cent. Much better than a King George iii half penny.

The photos don’t do it justice. It’s rough but not as rough as the pictures make it look.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file