Home U.S. Coin Forum

My "Rat on The Roof" Cent...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol. Hi guy's, I posted this earlier in the year. Not only this 1962d Cent has this strange die chip with an appearance of a "Rat on a Roof." On the obverse, inside the letter 'R', in the word Trust. It has the appearance of a circle of Gold? Check it out.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks more like a snake to me.
    I can't say what caused the copper color inside the R.
    Weird.

• OldhoopsterOldhoopster Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice minor die chip.

Rat on the Roof sounds like something you would see on eBay from someone trying to make low/no value errors and varieties sound valuable and desirable to new collectors. ;)

Member of the ANA since 1982
  • JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,767 ✭✭✭✭✭

Watch for leaks.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have a great imagination.... Cheers, RickO

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pics @joeykoins :)

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

Not only an error coin but also a facebook band

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

• 291fifth291fifth Posts: 23,898 ✭✭✭✭✭

The coloration is just toning on a 58 year old coin. The die chip is just that. Are you really spending your time wisely by looking for this kind of thing?

All glory is fleeting.
  • thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Growing up in a beach town in Massachusetts, in a house that bordered the marsh, I encountered all types of wildlife. Snakes, deer, everything really. Even a family of mice or squirrels taking refuge in our attic during harsh winters. But it was not until I moved to New York City in 1999 that I can say I truly encountered many rats. When my wife and i were having our first child, we moved into an apartment in the Bronx. We stayed in that building until 2006, changing apartments around 2002. Being new to city life, and more specifically New York City, i didn't know a lot of things.....but you quickly learn, and I can say that those seven years were very educational. As for the rats, they are everywhere. Of course you don't always see them. Our apartment had plenty of mice. We were on the fourth floor (with an elevator that worked maybe 20% of the time and went out for months) and the rats were in the basement. I was told by more than a few people that if you see mice in your apartment it is a good thing, because it means you do not have rats..... because the rats would eat the mice. Rats were regularly seen around the city, if you looked for them. Down in the subway tunnels they seemed to have a large presence. And they were huge, with giant tails. Remember, NYC is a city built vertically in layers. I was told that if you see a rat running across the subway platform, most likely it is only there because it was not large enough and tough enough to survive one story below. I do sometimes miss the city , but not the rats.

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 7:57AM

@1630Boston said:
    Not only an error coin but also a facebook band

Lol Sounds like an album title, Aerosmith would like to name? Lol
    .ala, "Toys in the attic ".

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

It's all in fun @joeykoins
    Have a great day :)
    boston

edited November 30, 2020 8:24AM

• TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,589 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    I'm hearing Styx in the background, they're singing "Too Much Time On My Hands" and dedicating it to Joey.

Better than some of the people who we have to say you're "Fooling Yourself".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwPS19swwiA

@TurtleCat said:

@keets said:
    I'm hearing Styx in the background, they're singing "Too Much Time On My Hands" and dedicating it to Joey.

Love "Styx", Chicago band to boot. B)

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@TurtleCat said:

@keets said:

Love "Styx", Chicago band to boot. B)

I am not a huge fan but I will admit the opening riff to "Miss America" is very catchy.

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

No, no. If rat's are truly suspect we need to consider.... B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8teXR8VE4

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

You see whatcha wanna see and you hear whatcha wanna hear. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Namvet69 said:
    You see whatcha wanna see and you hear whatcha wanna hear. Peace Roy

Most importantly, you are what you want to be. o:)

• ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

Repeat after me.....

"I do not see rats on the roofs of buildings on coins.....I do not see rats on the roofs of buildings on coins....."

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

Please PM me when you start the 3rd thread on this coin. I wouldn't want to miss it. ;)

• BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 7,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

"Rat On A Roof". A sequel to "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof".

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Joey?.....Joey?....Earth to Joey......Joey???

• GoldbullyGoldbully Posts: 16,823 ✭✭✭✭✭

edited November 30, 2020 10:18PM

Bulletin:
    Just to remind you guy's of something. Please reread my OP. This whole thread of mine was not to be focused on my little, "Rat on the Roof." It was brought on because of a NEW topic. The appearance of a circle of Gold inside the letter "R", in the word, Trust, was the main topic. In which, it so happens to be on the same coin with the "Rat on the Roof." You see, so this thread isn't like beating a dead horse after all. It is a whole different subject. Thank You. ;)

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,618 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:
    Bulletin:
    Just to remind you guy's of something. Please reread my OP. This whole thread of mine was not to be focused on my little, "Rat on the Roof." It was brought on because of a NEW topic. The appearance of a circle of Gold inside the letter "R", in the word, Trust, was the main topic. In which, it so happens to be on the same coin with the "Rat on the Roof." You see, so this thread isn't like beating a dead horse after all. It is a whole different subject. Thank You. ;)

LOL. We kid because we love.

But, what you seem to be saying is that if I have a coin that has an RPM, a die break, monster toning, and a new PCGS slab, that I should start 4 different threads for that same coin?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file