Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Do You Think PCGS will Slab These For me? BFM Chive Coins - KCCO

Chive Challenge Coins. It'd be cool if PCGS would grade these.

Comments

• Options
    3stars3stars Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭✭✭

And people said the precious metals premium for mint coins was insane!

Previous transactions: Wondercoin, goldman86, dmarks, Type2
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are millions of varieties of those. Frankly, if I were PCGS I'd slab dog poop for $40 and give it a registry number. They do not, however.

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would hope not. PCGS needs to maintain a good reputation by being particular about what they will holder. I understand the dog poop analogy, but what does that mean for the owner of the Brasher Doubloon?

• Options

@Smudge said:
    I would hope not. PCGS needs to maintain a good reputation by being particular about what they will holder. I understand the dog poop analogy, but what does that mean for the owner of the Brasher Doubloon?

Different registry number. :)

• Options

jmlanzaf, there are millions of varieties of these? They limit the production number of each. I get your dog poop analogy. It's kinda mean spirited, but I get it. All I'm saying is that you don't have to be a di $K when debating your point. Maybe someone trashed what you thought was neat down the road back? Just don't bring hate and drama into my posts. Chive on. KCCO.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,133 ✭✭✭✭✭

Outstanding photography!

peacockcoins

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

The first thing that's needed is a listing in a catalog. Is there a catalog for these?

• Options
    edited November 29, 2020 1:55AM

@Cajunpoorguy said:
    jmlanzaf, there are millions of varieties of these? They limit the production number of each. I get your dog poop analogy. It's kinda mean spirited, but I get it. All I'm saying is that you don't have to be a di $K when debating your point. Maybe someone trashed what you thought was neat down the road back? Just don't bring hate and drama into my posts. Chive on. KCCO.

I'm not saying there are a million varieties of that particular issue. There are, however, a million varieties of private issue tokens and medals which is why PCGS does not slab such things.

You are mis-reading my point and being hypersensitive. I am not calling your token dog poop. I'm saying that if I ran a slabbing company, I would slab anything (including LITERAL dog poop). $35 is $35. There is no hate and there is no drama.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have not seen those before... Not sure if they are that nice or your photography is spectacular. Cheers, RickO

• Options

ricko, they are actually rather nice. Well engraved and look very cool in-hand. They raise money for Charity with these and are going for a good premium on ebay, if you can find some. Having one gets you good perks at The Chive headquarters in Austin, TX. ;)

• Options
    U1chicagoU1chicago Posts: 5,620 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Cajunpoorguy they might (I'm not sure who to contact though).
    I recently saw this video (although that might have been a special case given the circumstances):
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIPbpVMmeWA

Anacs or ICG would be your best bets for getting it slabbed.

• Options

$3600 for the one ounce gold version...

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was brass!

• Options

@abcde12345 said:
    I thought it was brass!

shhh....

• Options
    coinsarefuncoinsarefun Posts: 21,666 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ok, was I the only one that had to look up this saying of Chive On?
    From Google:
    “Answer: KCCO is a modern slang acronym for 'Keep Calm, Chive On'. While the KCCO phrase originated with different wording during World War II, it has recently morphed into a modern pop culture reference revolving around the The Chive, a blog site dedicated to curious news and bizarre photos.Oct 10, 2014”
    What does Bill Murray have to do with the phrase? Just wondering

• Options

@abcde12345 said:
    I thought it was brass!

The one pictured is, but they also sell a gold one.

• Options
    abcde12345abcde12345 Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3stars said:

@abcde12345 said:
    I thought it was brass!

Oh!
    :o

• Options

@3stars said:

@abcde12345 said:
    I thought it was brass!

The top one is gold plated, not solid. The bottom one is 1oz silver. The gold ones are too rich for my poorguy self. Lol

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file