Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Westchester Coin Show Nov 27-28

Just checked with organizer and this show at the Tarrytown Marriott is still on. Hopefully will be able to get there tomorrow. Fri 11-6 Sat 10-5

Comments

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hope you make the show. Please give us a show report.

• Options
    stockdude_stockdude_ Posts: 456 ✭✭✭

yes I will

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes... Show report(s) please.... That one is within a tempting range of where I am, however, I will be working. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report!!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    ike126ike126 Posts: 802 ✭✭✭✭✭

@skier07 said:
    A coin show in the middle of a pandemic the day after Thanksgiving doesn’t seem like a good formula for success.

I beg to differ i recently helped with a show not to far from that area amd the serious collectors showed up with a mask and and ready 2 buy.

• Options

@skier07 said:
    A coin show in the middle of a pandemic the day after Thanksgiving doesn’t seem like a good formula for success.

This show has always been held on Black Friday and the weekend after Thanksgiving. Always successful so that is not an issue. As far as the pandemic goes ill hold my comments so it doesnt get contentious

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

We were up there visiting last year and hit the show, sounds like it was about half the size. Lots of notes last year too, always a big currency show every time I've hit it.

• Options

@DrBuster said:
    We were up there visiting last year and hit the show, sounds like it was about half the size. Lots of notes last year too, always a big currency show every time I've hit it.

Yes it was smaller due to the distancing requirements unfortunately. The show promoter told me they dont use the Westchester County Center any more because they charge too much. They had no problem getting dealers to come to the show its just the room was only so big

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,697 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stockdude_ said:

@skier07 said:

This show has always been held on Black Friday and the weekend after Thanksgiving. Always successful so that is not an issue. As far as the pandemic goes ill hold my comments so it doesnt get contentious

I had no idea the show is always on Black Friday. Thanks for the update.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭

@stockdude_ said:

@DrBuster said:

Yes it was smaller due to the distancing requirements unfortunately. The show promoter told me they dont use the Westchester County Center any more because they charge too much. They had no problem getting dealers to come to the show its just the room was only so big

The first time I hit it was at the center, it’s nicer at the Marriott I think despite the smaller size.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file