Home Sports Talk
Options

Ravens - Steelers game postponed until Sunday.

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭✭✭

Covid.

Comments

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭✭✭

The only game that was worth watching on turkey day, stinks.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

the ravens are faking it to get out of playing , they suck so bad they lost to new england ! :D

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

really sucks. was looking forward to this one.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,067 ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I know what I'll be doing tomorrow night at 8:00 p.m.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,257 ✭✭✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:

Taking pictures of whiskey bottles?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

@2dueces said:

@doubledragon said:

Taking pictures of whiskey bottles?

That was the 8 p.m. picture, this will be the 11 p.m. picture.

• Options

And this will be the 12 a.m. picture.

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 26, 2020 5:21AM

Too bad ...

Looks like we will be stuck with the underperforming Texans vs. the toothless Lions and the Dallas Tenderfoots vs. the Washington No Names. It was more fun when it was the Cowboys vs. the Indians.

I’ll have it on, but I might be distracted with a coin book or to. The lockdown has resulted in no family celebrations. As my wife says, this year, Thanksgiving is just another day.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bill, though the records of the four Teams playing aren't very good I think the games will be competitive and entertaining. to be honest, I'd rather watch two 3-7 Teams play than a 9-1 powerhouse whipping a 2-8 cellar dweller. we just have to wait a few days for the Steelers/Ravens slugfest.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

Is it just me or does anyone else feel as though with this many COVID outbreaks on the Ravens, this game should just be postponed??? I've got no skin in this game, I'd like to see it played, but I'd hate to have it play and find out next week that multiple Steeler players test positive and derail their season. I realize there are no more bye weeks to move things around, but don't they preach player safety? And I'd really not like to see it played with one team missing multiple players.

• Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JRR300 said:
    Is it just me or does anyone else feel as though with this many COVID outbreaks on the Ravens, this game should just be postponed??? I've got no skin in this game, I'd like to see it played, but I'd hate to have it play and find out next week that multiple Steeler players test positive and derail their season. I realize there are no more bye weeks to move things around, but don't they preach player safety? And I'd really not like to see it played with one team missing multiple players.

there is no record of team to team transmission in any sporting event to date , literally in the entire world

• Options

Someone on the Ravens staff or players messed up. It hasn’t been a good year for the Ravens but I did predict this before the season.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    Bill, though the records of the four Teams playing aren't very good I think the games will be competitive and entertaining. to be honest, I'd rather watch two 3-7 Teams play than a 9-1 powerhouse whipping a 2-8 cellar dweller. we just have to wait a few days for the Steelers/Ravens slugfest.

I agree with you with games like last week's Stealers - Jaguars snoozer, or the up coming Eagles - Seahawks disaster. I thought that it is illegal to kill Eagles.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options

Lamar Jackson tested positive for Covid and is out for at least Sundays game. With symptoms he might miss 2 weeks.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    HydrantHydrant Posts: 7,773 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bummer.

• Options
    coolstanleycoolstanley Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Steelers fan since the 70's. Have yet to watch one of their games this year. I hear they're doing ok. Looking forward to some college ball tomorrow.

Terry Bradshaw was AMAZING!!

Ignore list -Basebal21

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Lamar Jax just tested + for Covid I’m reading.

• Options
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coolstanley said:
    Steelers fan since the 70's. Have yet to watch one of their games this year. I hear they're doing ok. Looking forward to some college ball tomorrow.

In my opinion, Pittsburgh has as good of a chance as any team to win it all this year.

• Options

Like I said above, they should postpone this game. I'd hate to see them play and the Steelers team have these issues next week.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    Like I said above, they should postpone this game. I'd hate to see them play and the Steelers team have these issues next week.

Or get a cheap win with Lamar Jax out. If they play this game and win then go undefeated I can see people talking about this being a give me type game big time

• Options

Don’t award them an undefeated season just yet. They have to go to Buffalo December 13th. We’ll see just how good both of these teams are then. This game could have huge playoff ramifications.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

now moved to Tuesday.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

this game should be canceled. the NFL needs to push back the playoffs 1-2 weeks, replay the game and "bubble" every Playoff Team and game.

• Options

If the game is postponed and never played, then the players lose 1/16 of their pay. How is this fair to the Steelers who have been ready to play sine Thursday?

• Options

Now moved to Wednesday afternoon. Wth?

W.C.Fields
  • Options

This game needs to be rescheduled

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree the whole season needs to be pushed back 2 weeks. also bubble the whole playoffs. home team is really no big deal anyways this year. If they are bubbled down south, weather wont be an issue.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.