Home Sports Talk
Options

Week 12 SUPER pick'em contest

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    To all turkeys...I received Zip's picks at 2:50PM.

His picks are Texans; WFT; Steelers; Chargers; Colts; Vikings; Browns; Giants; Cards' Dolphins; Saints; Rams; KC; Raiders; Packers and Seahawks - 45.

If you don't mind @MCMLVTopps I'm ok with the late entry. :)

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭✭✭

The more the merrier!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,807 ✭✭✭✭✭

The late entrees should not have been allowed, and if any of them win, I'm tellin' ya i'll take it to the Supreme Court if necessary to get 'em tossed out.

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm such a horrible picker I still think the wild card is coming out of the NFC East.

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options
    MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,621 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have added zippcity to the spreadsheet. I just didn't have time yesterday to do it.

• Options

@stevek said:
    The late entrees should not have been allowed, and if any of them win, I'm tellin' ya i'll take it to the Supreme Court if necessary to get 'em tossed out.

All late entrants have been added to the Official list. As the judge and jury of this week's picks, your case is DENIED.

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm waiting for the early games to be completed Sunday before making my picks.
    That way I might possibly finish in the middle of the pack.

• Options

@Darin said:
    I'm waiting for the early games to be completed Sunday before making my picks.
    That way I might possibly finish in the middle of the pack.

Clever strategy...might work next week, but not this week.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,145 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm doing good so far, both my teams won yesterday. Everything fit perfectly yesterday.

• Options

@doubledragon said:
    I'm doing good so far, both my teams won yesterday. Everything fit perfectly yesterday.

Not me.

I picked the Lions.

I picked the Cowboys.

• Options

@thisistheshow , 😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭✭

How did I ever pick the Cowboys yesterday???????

• Options
    edited November 27, 2020 1:00PM

@doubledragon said:

Congrats, you're in a 6-way tie for first place. B)

• Options
    edited November 27, 2020 1:02PM

@JRR300 said:
    How did I ever pick the Cowboys yesterday???????

I was wondering that myself. Well, you had 3 other turkeys who agreed with you.!

• Options

@perkdog I was torn between Arizona and New England. I really think the Patriots win this game. If their running game is even close to the game they played against Baltimore they win this game. And not only win it. They win it going away. They just can’t get down 2 scores early.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2020 1:06PM

Could also be a preview of a certain turkey after the Eagles game. B)

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

@2dueces said:
    @perkdog I was torn between Arizona and New England. I really think the Patriots win this game. If their running game is even close to the game they played against Baltimore they win this game. And not only win it. They win it going away. They just can’t get down 2 scores early.

I think we are going to see a complete unraveling of this Patriots team going forward. Kyler Murray will not be stopped in my opinion. I’m surprised the Pats are only +1

• Options

Updated list. I'll bold winners. Might be easier to follow competition.

• Options

@perkdog said:

@2dueces said:

I think we are going to see a complete unraveling of this Patriots team going forward. Kyler Murray will not be stopped in my opinion. I’m surprised the Pats are only +1

Don’t count BB out against a 2nd year QB.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Ahh...those two bold winners sure look good.

I badly need that Patriots game. Come on Bill my good man, come thru for stevek one time, and I promise after you retire, that i'll support your nomination for the NFL Hall of Fame.

• Options

@stevek said:
    Ahh...those two bold winners sure look good.

I badly need that Patriots game. Come on Bill my good man, come thru for stevek one time, and I promise after you retire, that i'll support your nomination for the NFL Hall of Fame.

I’ll never question your loyalty to the Eagles after the lone wolf pick for Monday night.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    edited November 28, 2020 8:57AM

Bluejayway has a lock on winning...IF his Jags, 49ers and Bears win. He is the only one picking them.
    I just don't see Arizona losing to the Patriots, nor the Eagles beating the Seahawks. We'll see.

• Options

A few things i like in that game favoring the Eagles. An Eagles bounce back at home after two straight losses, and the Seahawks have not played particularly well on the road considering they are undefeated at home.

Wentz must not go into his alarmingly consistent interception mode, or any of that won't matter.

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    Bluejayway has a lock on winning...IF his Jags, 49ers and Bears win. He is the only one picking them.
    I just don't see Arizona losing to the Patriots, nor the Eagles beating the Seahawks. We'll see.

No one sees any upsets happening. That’s why they call them upsets. If the Patriots win it’s not really an upset as the game is basically a pickem. Arizona favored by 1. The Jets are going to win a game this year and tomorrow is as good as any time.
    If the Bucs win its a mini upset but I think the best chances are Atlanta over the raiders and the Pats

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭✭✭

tomorrow feels like a trap game for Arizona

i think the Pats will get them

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    tomorrow feels like a trap game for Arizona

i think the Pats will get them

I'd enjoy watching my Pats win this. Arizona's next game is against the Rams. Trap game could be in the works. Either way, looking forward to it.

• Options

If I heard this correctly...all qbs for the Broncos are covid pos and will not play.
    This will effect Bluejayway's pick. Do we give this game a bye, or let it play? Not likely they can really beat the Saints if not at full capacity.

Also, the Steelers Ravens game is still up in the air. I think it's gonna be moved again from Tuesday night. If the game doesn't play this week should we bye this game too?

Thoughts on how to handle this???

• Options
    edited November 29, 2020 7:53AM

@MCMLVTopps said:
    If I heard this correctly...all qbs for the Broncos are covid pos and will not play.
    This will effect Bluejayway's pick. Do we give this game a bye, or let it play? Not likely they can really beat the Saints if not at full capacity.

Also, the Steelers Ravens game is still up in the air. I think it's gonna be moved again from Tuesday night. If the game doesn't play this week should we bye this game too?

Thoughts on how to handle this???

1. The Broncos game stays in, unless it gets cancelled by the NFL.
    2. The Steelers game stays in, unless it gets cancelled by the NFL.

Case closed by Judge stevek.

Of course in this thread, you're the supreme judge and can overrule my ruling.

• Options

Picks are picks. Testing is done before games. If half a team tests positive at 10:00 Am and they play the game it’s an official game.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

ok...all picks remain, regardless of who is on or off the teams, or when the games are played.
    Stevek has spoken!

• Options

A very wise choice. King Solomon couldn't have come up with a better solution!

• Options

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/2020/11/29/no-qbs-in-denver-no-home-for-sf-as-covid-19-sows-nfl-chaos/

No QBs in Denver, No Home for SF as COVID-19 Sows NFL Chaos

.....NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has warned all 32 teams that forcing changes to the schedule could lead to them being stripped of draft choices or even forfeiting games. The league has thus far avoided any forfeits and was on track to complete its regular season on time.

• Options

I think we all knew this was bound to happen. When you get thousands of people working in an enclosed facility, it inly takes one person to be careless and this is what you get. With the way this is spreading, I expect to see more of the same

• Options

It's all going to trash for my picks today. Trash I say!

• Options

Updated list with early game miracles included.

3-way tie so far at 8 wins: Dennis07; Stevek; 2 deuces.

• Options

I thought I'd make it a bit more festive...

• Options

We still have three turkeys tied at 10
    Stevek; dennis07; 2 deuces

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    We still have three turkeys tied at 10
    Stevek; dennis07; 2 deuces

Three games left - The Packers are a push, all three of us have that pick.

But I'm in a little bit of trouble after that, as my other two picks are fair sized dogs. Plus my tiebreaker number may be a bit high although it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I'd be willing at this point to consider splitting the prize money three ways, $8.33 for the other two players, but I receive $8.34 the extra cent because it was my idea. And it would be 1/3 each bragging rights for the week.

Let me know and i can have my attorney draw up the papers for us to sign.

• Options

@stevek said:
    I'd be willing at this point to consider splitting the prize money three ways, $8.33 for the other two players, but I receive $8.34 the extra cent because it was my idea. And it would be 1/3 each bragging rights for the week.

Let me know and i can have my attorney draw up the papers for us to sign.

Please address all monetary concerns to galaxy27...he's the Bursar. I merely handle administration duties this week.

• Options
    edited November 30, 2020 7:49AM

It would appear that dennis07 and 2deuces will battle it out with the tie breaker count, with 52 and 47 pts respectively.

Unless the Ravens or Eagles pull out the upset, which some odds makers picking the Ravens and others an Eagles win.
    Should be interesting either way.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 30, 2020 8:03AM

the bank of galaxy eagerly awaits the crowning of super prognosticator

• Options

With RGIII at the helm I believe Baltimore will run 80% of the time. That means running clock and shorter game. Now that doesn’t stop Pittsburgh from scoring 40 points but I believe it a 24-10 game.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I'd settle for 35-17 Seahawks tonight and that would make Tuesdays game meaningless.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options

I've still got a razor thin, infinitesimally small, quark size chance of winning this thing if the Eagles can win tonight's game and the total score is 54 points or more.

But I've also got a chance of the Eagles contacting me today to be the new masseur for their cheerleaders, and I'm not counting on that event happening either. :|

• Options

@dennis07 said:
    I'd settle for 35-17 Seahawks tonight and that would make Tuesdays game meaningless.

Oops. Had my games mixed up. Tonight’s game in the rain, cold brrr. Wentz has been on fire, for the other team. I think Philadelphia keeps it under 2 touchdown, both their score and the scoring gap. 24-17 Seattle.

W.C.Fields
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seattle should be used to the rain. They get enough of it in Seattle.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m smelling a Philly win to be honest

• Options

Steelers Ravens moved to Wednesday night.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    I’m smelling a Philly win to be honest

I hope you're right, but I just don't see it.

• Options

As Stevek's Eagles come up a bit short...does Wentz really make $42m per season??

He's still in it with a Ravens win, then the 3-way tiebreaker.