Home Sports Talk
Options

Week 12 SUPER pick'em contest

MCMLVToppsMCMLVTopps Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭✭✭

I will volunteer for this weeks world famous event. Same rules as week 11...with a twist. ****THURSDAY'S GAMES COUNT****. All entries must be received NLT midnight Wednesday. Pls do not tell me you had to pick up Grandma at the airport...Wednesday midnight or you're toast.

To be clear...3 games Thursday; 12 games Sunday, 1 game Monday.
Because of the additional games and unbelievable thought and number crunching, cybermetrics, abacus, calculus, whatever you use, the winner will be entitled to DOUBLE BRAGGING RIGHTS. His name will be engraved on a Platinum plaque that will be entombed in a time capsule buried near Area 51.

I will post all entrants as quickly as I can on Thursday morning. Hopefully my posting will be as nice as JRR300's.

Comments

• Options

Doubledragon has checked in and is the current front runner.

FWIW, I will not look at entries until I have made mine, which will be tomorrow AM.

• Options

DD and I are in.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks Topps. I'll get mine to you shortly.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,956 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, the signal was flashed, and I answered the call!

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was laying back waiting for the Super Contest Double Bragging Rights Thanksgiving Week Pick em. Watch out boys, Duece is angry!

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm in

• Options
    dennis07dennis07 Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭

I'm in. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Collecting 1970 Topps baseball
  • Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks in.

Grandma phoned earlier and wanted me to pick her up at the airport, and i told her yes but she would have to wait until my CU Sports Talk picks are in.

• Options
    edited November 25, 2020 11:26AM

week 12 SUPER PICKS update:

In so far: Doubledragon; Topps; thisistheshow; dennis07; stevek; 2deuces.
    2deuces...I got your points.
    thisistheshow...please review your selections, and resend PM. I will also send you a PM in case you don't read this.

stevek...cleared to go to airport, after you send me your tie breaker points.

Less than 11 hours left, gotta get your picks in.

• Options

picks sent, good luck all and Happy Turkey Day!!!!!

• Options

JRR300 logged in.

• Options

to continue my request from last weeks post, I'm looking for help trying to track down a coin. I received from a very good friend when I got married in 1986. It appears to be some type of gold dollar piece. I took a few pics with my phone, not sure if they are good enough. Can anyone here shed some light on this???

Thanks

• Options

I'd put it on the coin forum...they'd know in a heart beat...but, I'd blow it up to max, hard to see.

• Options

Would somebody please go to any pub just about 25 miles north of Boston and see if Perkdog is sober enough to place his picks? I doubt he's an eggnog guy, but anywhere they have a big Sam Adams sign out front would probably do. No doubt the local blue shirts know him well. B)

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    to continue my request from last weeks post, I'm looking for help trying to track down a coin. I received from a very good friend when I got married in 1986. It appears to be some type of gold dollar piece. I took a few pics with my phone, not sure if they are good enough. Can anyone here shed some light on this???!
    Thanks

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1887-g-1/7588

• Options

Picks are in, I think?

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.
  • Options

Nice gold coin. Any gold is good gold to me.

W.C.Fields
  • Options

@2dueces said:
    Picks are in, I think?

Yup, you're good.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks on the way.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options

@MCMLVTopps said:
    week 12 SUPER PICKS update:

In so far: Doubledragon; Topps; thisistheshow; dennis07; stevek; 2deuces.
    2deuces...I got your points.
    thisistheshow...please review your selections, and resend PM. I will also send you a PM in case you don't read this.

stevek...cleared to go to airport, after you send me your tie breaker points.

Less than 11 hours left, gotta get your picks in.

Thank you. I sent my revisions.

• Options

Thisistheshow...got your corrections. We have 8 entrants.

55Topps
    Dennis07
    Stevek
    thisistheshow
    2deuces
    DD
    JRR300
    Bluejayway

• Options

@stevek said:

@JRR300 said:
    to continue my request from last weeks post, I'm looking for help trying to track down a coin. I received from a very good friend when I got married in 1986. It appears to be some type of gold dollar piece. I took a few pics with my phone, not sure if they are good enough. Can anyone here shed some light on this???!
    Thanks

https://www.pcgs.com/coinfacts/coin/1887-g-1/7588

Thanks. Sounds like I should have this checked out? Do I just go to a coin dealer?

Sorry, about the coin talk here, just trying to figure this out

• Options

Thanks. Sounds like I should have this checked out? Do I just go to a coin dealer?

Sorry, about the coin talk here, just trying to figure this out

Well if i figured it right, you've got around $98 in gold melt down value alone. But that's a nice little collectable numismatic coin, and depending on condition, could be worth some decent money.

Take a look at the rim. Some of those little gold coins were used in jewelry, and if there are indentation marks on the rim it greatly detracts from the value...also if it was cleaned.

I tried blowing up the pic, but it's tough to see the condition. However it seems like it might be a nice circulated coin, perhaps XF condition, and uncleaned, and if it is would certainly be worth grading by PCGS.

If the coin grades, then if you wish to sell, put it on Ebay and I think you'd get some pretty good action on it.

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

i don't like to participate, i just like to pony up some coin

$25 to the winner

happy thanksgiving to all of the turkeys on this forum

• Options
    BrickBrick Posts: 4,938 ✭✭✭✭✭

Picks in. I'll donate my winnings to charity and only take the bragging rights. ;)

Collecting 1960 Topps Baseball in PSA 8
    http://www.unisquare.com/store/brick/

Ralph

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    i don't like to participate, i just like to pony up some coin

$25 to the winner

happy thanksgiving to all of the turkeys on this forum

Very generous sir!
    I am exempting you from the midnight rule...you can PM me with entries up to game time tomorrow should you so desire.

• Options

Here is what we have...a bit early, but I know you guys are losing sleep over this, and the pressure is incredible.

• Options

@Brick said:
    Picks in. I'll donate my winnings to charity and only take the bragging rights. ;)

Where did you send your picks?? I don't have them.

• Options

I'm with Brick. Any $$$ winnings to go to charity and gladly just take the SUPER BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!

• Options

@stevek said:

Well if i figured it right, you've got around $98 in gold melt down value alone. But that's a nice little collectable numismatic coin, and depending on condition, could be worth some decent money.

Take a look at the rim. Some of those little gold coins were used in jewelry, and if there are indentation marks on the rim it greatly detracts from the value...also if it was cleaned.

I tried blowing up the pic, but it's tough to see the condition. However it seems like it might be a nice circulated coin, perhaps XF condition, and uncleaned, and if it is would certainly be worth grading by PCGS.

If the coin grades, then if you wish to sell, put it on Ebay and I think you'd get some pretty good action on it.

Knowing my friend and looking at the padded box in which the coin was given, I'd say I'm getting this checked out. All the tiny ridges are visible around the outside of the coin just by looking, even with my vision. Thanks Steve! If I can get a better pix, I'll send to you.

• Options

@JRR300 said:
    I'm with Brick. Any $$$ winnings to go to charity and gladly just take the SUPER BRAGGING RIGHTS!!!!

I concur. Besides, SUPER BRAGGING RIGHTS are priceless.

• Options

If I do win, I should say...when I win, I having a plaque made to put in my trophy room!!!!

• Options

@MCMLVTopps said:

@Brick said:

Where did you send your picks?? I don't have them.

I sent PM to you. I am not good with technology. I'll try again.

Ralph

• Options

Sent again. If it doesn't work this time I'll let you know Monday night how many I got right. B)

Ralph

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

Picks submitted after cutoff. channeled Sam Kinison and Socrates after last weeks come from behind win and we jetted down to cabo for some golf and cold drinks. Wouldn't you know it Kinison forgot where the plane was parked, damn the luck. So if i'm out it's okay , I enjoyed the week . Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all .

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options

BTW. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Ralph

• Options

@zippcity said:
    Picks submitted after cutoff. channeled Sam Kinison and Socrates after last weeks come from behind win and we jetted down to cabo for some golf and cold drinks. Wouldn't you know it Kinison forgot where the plane was parked, damn the luck. So if i'm out it's okay , I enjoyed the week . Good luck and Happy Thanksgiving to all .

I don’t see why we couldn’t extend the deadline for those away from computers this holiday week. Games don’t start until 12:00. But I’m not running it so I’m only offering an opinion

W.C.Fields
  • Options

Zip...where's your stuff???

In case anyone needs to know...click the excel icon, then the file should appear in the lower left corner of your screen. Click that file, you should quickly see the lineup. CHECK YOUR PICKS if I made a mistake, LMK ASAP.

I will post final, final after I get Zips stuff.

• Options

Brick you're ok, got yours.

• Options

If this contest is getting a bit too confusing and complicated, and everybody else wishes to just drop out, that would be fine with me...then the big money and double bragging rights is automatically all mine...ALL MINE!!! B)

• Options
    zippcityzippcity Posts: 886 ✭✭✭✭

picks sent earlier. will re-send

Save our Country. Positive BST: Collectorcoins- Mariner020648- profharoldhill- coppertoning- agentjim007- cucamongacoin- ElKevo- mercurydimeguy- Utahcoin-AJAAN-AUandAG- surfinxhi- ZoidMeister- TwoSides2acoin-
  • Options

@zippcity said:
    picks sent earlier. will re-send

Where? Still don't have them.

• Options

As of 10AM Eastern, I have not received Zips entries. Sorry guys, but I can't wait any longer, got stuff to do.
    This is the FINAL list of entrants and their picks. If you have problems opening the file, or see an error, pls notify me ASAP...I'm on a short leash.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

In if not too late Al I just sent the picks

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MCMLVTopps said:
    As of 10AM Eastern, I have not received Zips entries. Sorry guys, but I can't wait any longer, got stuff to do.
    This is the FINAL list of entrants and their picks. If you have problems opening the file, or see an error, pls notify me ASAP...I'm on a short leash.

Thanks for setting this up. Thanks to galaxy for the prize donation. Best to all in the contest and for a great Thanksgiving.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    edited November 26, 2020 8:57AM

Perkdog was located at the very last minute at an undisclosed location. After some bribery, and as a perennial poster and overall good guy, all time constraints were waived on his behalf and I added him to the roster of turkeys. I have no clue what happened to Zipp, but , it's now 10:45 and I still haven't gotten his picks. So, without further ado, and with regrets to Zipp...THIS IS THE LAST, FINAL, NO MORE, NO ADDITIONS, NO MERCY, NADA LIST

HAPPY THANKSGIVING ALL YOU TURKEYS!!!

• Options

@perkdog said:
    In if not too late Al I just sent the picks

After an emergency meeting, by the powers to be...me, you're in. B)
    BTW, you omitted a pick, which I added in for you...I'm 99.99999% sure you would have picked that one. Check your list.

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,489 ✭✭✭✭✭

Al, thank you so much! I don’t log on as often as I used too, I use my iPhone for access and for some reason I have to wait a few seconds for anything I click on to load, it’s honestly very frustrating. But thank you so much for working me in, much appreciated my friend. Thank you and enjoy your Thanksgiving 🇺🇸🦃🍻👍👍

• Options
    edited November 26, 2020 1:18PM

To all turkeys...I received Zip's picks at 2:50PM.

His picks are Texans; WFT; Steelers; Chargers; Colts; Vikings; Browns; Giants; Cards' Dolphins; Saints; Rams; KC; Raiders; Packers and Seahawks - 45.

• Options

@perkdog said:
    Al, thank you so much! I don’t log on as often as I used too, I use my iPhone for access and for some reason I have to wait a few seconds for anything I click on to load, it’s honestly very frustrating. But thank you so much for working me in, much appreciated my friend. Thank you and enjoy your Thanksgiving 🇺🇸🦃🍻👍👍

Glad to help. Enjoy your day partner...best to you!!
    Al