Home U.S. & World Currency Forum

will BEP print & sell new uncut sheets by EOY?

not terribly surprisingly, uncut currency on the us mint site has been sold out for months now

maybe a little more surprising is that even by today - just about 1 month before Christmas - they haven't put new uncut sheets up on the site

really missing the holiday gifting season sales opportunity

anyone have insight or links to articles discussing the mints/BEPs plans for new uncut currency sales?

Comments

• mbwizkidmbwizkid Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

Good question. I have an inside source at the BEP, I’ll shoot them an email.
    On an unrelated subject, how did you get your screen name to print backwards ?

AKA - Steve in Tampa

• ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

@mbwizkid said:
    Good question. I have an inside source at the BEP, I’ll shoot them an email.
    On an unrelated subject, how did you get your screen name to print backwards ?

thanks, mb! I know times are strange, but them not literally printing money to make money around the holidays, when I'm sure they'd do great business is maybe even stranger

unicode, my friend - i use this simple text formatter: https://lingojam.com/FancyTextGenerator

¡unɟ ǝʌɐɥ

• gsalexgsalex Posts: 193 ✭✭✭

@ɹoʇɔǝlloɔ said:
    not terribly surprisingly, uncut currency on the us mint site has been sold out for months now

maybe a little more surprising is that even by today - just about 1 month before Christmas - they haven't put new uncut sheets up on the site

really missing the holiday gifting season sales opportunity

anyone have insight or links to articles discussing the mints/BEPs plans for new uncut currency sales?

The short answer is "not this year." I spoke to the BEP marketing manager back in September. He told me the Bureau is working exclusively on filling the Fed's orders for currency. All collector material has been suspended. The only people getting into the building are staff directly responsible for printing -- they can't afford to have a Covid outbreak that shuts down the nation's supply of money. We will be lucky if we see a return to collector sheets and prints by next summer.

Intrigued by all things intaglio.

@gsalex oof - makes sense - thanks so much for sharing - appreciate it

• mbwizkidmbwizkid Posts: 701 ✭✭✭✭

My source inside the BEP says it’s extremely doubtful that anything showing as Currently Unavailable will be restocked before EOY.

AKA - Steve in Tampa

thanks @mbwizkid