Comments

• Options
    OAKSTAROAKSTAR Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Hydrant said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@Hydrant said:

@OAKSTAR said:

@OAKSTAR said:

My aunt was a bank teller in 1968. She would bring coins home for me to look through but then took all of them back to the bank.....The bank received a shipment of Kennedy's just like the one you show. She brought a FULL BAG of them home to show me......I saved one of them....I still have it.......Exactly the same!...Small World!......AMAZING!

REALLY?? Darn!! A FULL BAG??? Jeezzzz!!!

I guess one couldn't afford to keep a full bag back in 68!!

Yes, she would bring full bags of coins home. Always on a Friday night......I was in Weekend Coin Heaven! Back then there were always Lots of Mercury dimes, a Barber dime or two, a Liberty nickle, Indian Head pennies, etc.........And not only could we not afford to keep the whole bag......EVERYTHING got returned on Monday morning.... but it was the best coin collecting learning experience that a boy could ever hope for! The time period was from around 1961 (?) and on....Actually, it started in 1959 with the " new" Memorial Cent.....I was facinated. Look!....There's A Little Man Sitting In That House!!......God, I'm getting old!....

Almost like me coming home (after my paper route collection day) with so much silver in my pants pockets, I couldn't keep my pants up!! Looking back on it, I obviously could not have kept it but how much silver slipped/past thru my fingers! 😫 😢

Getting old?......I'm right with you brother!!

Disclaimer: I'm not a dealer, trader, grader, investor or professional numismatist. I'm just a hobbyist. (To protect me but mostly you! 🤣 )

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file