Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Monster DIY Slab Heaven . . . . . . Big Medals, Dan Carr pieces?

ZoidMeisterZoidMeister Posts: 3,021 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's try this thread again. First time I posted, it disappeared after I tried to edit a spelling mistake.

Folks,

I've been diligently searching for a good reliable source for XL DIY slabs to protect and present a number of larger exonumia and medals that I have acquired. Finding anything within the US was a total exercise in futility, so I turned to the "Den of Thieves" merchant, Alibaba.

The biggest issue I have with this site is the exceedingly long lead times between order and receipt. It averages around 30 days. It's been a looooooooong while since I've contemplated ordering from China, so my "test order" was for less than a dozen of these oversize slabs. (Finding products on that site is also less than "user friendly." Let me know if you are interested and I can post up a link to this specific product.)

As expected, delivery took exactly 30 days, but I couldn't be more pleased with the products. I now have a self-slab option for my large religious and oversize Dan Carr pieces. They even accommodate odd shaped items like the 2018 KOTCT 2 oz. Silver Cob.

Thought I would share.

Hey @Bullsitter , whaddaya think?

Z

These can be ordered to accommodate objects from 41mm all the way up to 60mm. I have a 60mm medal on route to me. I will post it up when it arrives.

These accommodate even the thick 2 ounce and 3 ounce Daniel Carr KOTCT medals without a problem. I was thinking those would be living in plastic flips forever.

Enjoy.

This photo has one medal in a "normal" sized self-slab for size comparision. The little guy is the same size as your typical NGC slab.

The item on the upper right isn't one of the new ones I ordered. It is an older PCCB that I received from an "esteemed member" of this site. It's there for comparison as well.

Busy chasing Carr's . . . . . woof!

Successful BST transactions with: Bullsitter, Downtown1974, P0CKETCHANGE, Twobitcollector, AKbeez, DCW, Illini420, ProofCollection, DCarr, Cazkaboom, RichieURich, LukeMarshall, carew4me, BustDMs, coinsarefun, PreTurb, felinfoal, jwitten, GoldenEgg, pruebas, lazybones, COCollector, CuKevin, MWallace, USMC_6115, NamVet69, zippcity, . . . . who'd I forget?

Comments

• Options
    BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 20, 2020 4:27AM

I like 'em, looks as good as any of the other tpg slabs

Good job !!

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

it is counter-productive to campaign against China and "Alibaba" for numerous US coin counterfeits and TPG holder counterfeits they have flooded the market with, while at the same time promoting them.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets..... I agree... It is 'feeding the beast'....keeps it growing unabated. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file