Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Fresh Coins Poll

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,863 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 17, 2020 8:27AM in U.S. Coin Forum

When a coin is fresh to market, are you more excited when there has been a lot of posts about it in the past few years or not?

Some coins are very popular and always being discussed while others run below the radar more.

Just curious how that affects your perception when those coins come to market.

For example, for many years, there was very little information / photos available on the Pogue collection, just that it was amazing.

Fresh Coins Poll

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Little information

I really do not participate in the high end coin market....However, if I were looking for a coin in that range, I would prefer little information or none at all.... Reduce the competition. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭✭✭

General I like as much info as I can get....but if it puts me at a disadvantage, not so much. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options
    ShaunBC5ShaunBC5 Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of information

I also don't play in that sandbox, so I like to know what I need to be dreaming about.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never cared that this guy or that guy owned a coin before me so I just don't need or care about information that surrounds some wealthy collector or his coins. The whole provenance thing is only of use for a very small handful of coins and I don't have the wallet size to be in that part of the market, so just useless extraneous stuff that I don't need in my head or on my desk.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    DrDarrylDrDarryl Posts: 585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lots of information

More information is better than none.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file