Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What's your take on this: PCGS "style" holders.

https://ebay.com/itm/2020-American-Silver-Eagle-Unc-in-PCGS-Style-Holder/133578514016?hash=item1f19e65e60%3Ag%3AwusAAOSwTbBfsuOi&LH_BIN=1

Seller is upfront about it, but has many listed. Wouldn't our host be kind of miffed at the name dropping to appear in searches for pcgs coins?

Comments

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

No worry, his feedback makes his listing irrelevant

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,886 ✭✭✭✭✭

“All are UNCIRCULATED from singular capsules from US Mint Boxes”

That's my kind of capsule though

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That would be an immediate pass for me if I were searching coins on ebay. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

In any case the "Don't Ship To Alaska Or Hawaii" Which really ticks me off. I some times send a message asking why and quoting postage rates. If I'm really interested, and get a civil reply, I'll order. This shipping discrimination is just ignorant. Can't trust a stupid seller.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,003 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kudbegud said:
    In any case the "Don't Ship To Alaska Or Hawaii" Which really ticks me off. I some times send a message asking why and quoting postage rates. If I'm really interested, and get a civil reply, I'll order. This shipping discrimination is just ignorant. Can't trust a stupid seller.

Personally, I think the U.S. government should take over USPS again and subsidize shipping to flatten out the rates.

• Options

@MFeld said:
    It’s “keyword spamming” and against EBay rules.

True. Although if you like to store the coins in boxes, it is relevant that it fits in PCGS boxes.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jmlanzaf said:

@MFeld said:

True. Although if you like to store the coins in boxes, it is relevant that it fits in PCGS boxes.

While it wouldn't be ideal, there's a way to let potential buyers know that, without mentioning the name of a grading company.

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options

@MFeld said:

@jmlanzaf said:

@MFeld said:

While it wouldn't be ideal, there's a way to let potential buyers know that, without mentioning the name of a grading company.

Well, I wouldn't put it in the title.

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 17, 2020 8:36AM

@MFeld said:

Is this really keyword spamming?

While I'm not sure how PCGS feels about it or if there's action they can take, they do indeed look like "PCGS-style" holders, right down to the Gen 6.0 feet.

• Options

@Kudbegud said:

There's a bunch of Don't Ship to California too.

• Options
    MFeldMFeld Posts: 12,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@MFeld said:

While I'm not sure how PCGS feels about it or if there's action they can take, they do indeed look like "PCGS-style" holders, right down to the Gen 6.0 feet.

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/search-browse-manipulation-policy?id=4243#keyword

Mark Feld* of Heritage Auctions*Unless otherwise noted, my posts here represent my personal opinions.

• Options
    edited November 17, 2020 9:00AM

@MFeld said:

@Zoins said:

@MFeld said:

https://www.ebay.com/help/policies/listing-policies/search-browse-manipulation-policy?id=4243#keyword

I'm interested in seeing and finding these so I don't consider it manipulation, unfair visibility or not directly related. It looks like it's describing what it is, a PCGS-style holder.

Of course, someone who doesn't want to see them may feel differently.

And if eBay listings are suddenly flooded with these, I would feel differently as well.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@Kudbegud said:

There's a bunch of Don't Ship to California too.

It is baffling to me the thought process that comes to this conclusion. A gear has a broken tooth and is grinding so loud I'll bet you can hear it standing 3 feet away from these nimrods.

To use a word the "kids" use today - it TRIGGERS me. >:)

• Options
    ElmerFusterpuckElmerFusterpuck Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a seller who is the equivalent of a junk box and heavier on the junk.

• Options
    daltexdaltex Posts: 3,486 ✭✭✭✭✭

How is it even possible to get 94.7% feedback?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file