Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Went to my bank this morning...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,865 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 16, 2020 11:37AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guys. YES! Unexpected surprise. Going to my bank today, I only counted on exchanging all my change from the weekend roll searching. In which, turned out to be a great big 0. Lol. Previously, I asked them to put aside any old Bill's. When I asked if they had anything? They replied, " no, but we have these?" Wow! Did not see that coming. Look what they had.

Yippie! In just a short 2 minutes, I scored more than the weekend in 2 days, 6 rolls. Nothing. Today, a whole different story. Lol.
Oh, one more coin they gave me!

The Walker is a little rough but so what.

Lol. I'll look at them closer later. Nice way to start the week I should say, no?

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    bearcavebearcave Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 11:42AM

Nice!! :)

Ken
  • Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

treats, yes

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options
    OldEastsideOldEastside Posts: 4,602 ✭✭✭✭✭

Score

Steve

Promote the Hobby
  • Options
    CalifornianKingCalifornianKing Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭✭

Dang! Great Score!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice... three silver halves and three 40% silvers... Coffee and donuts for those people. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    KliaoKliao Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice score!

Young Numismatist/collector
    75 Positive BST transactions buying and selling with 45 members and counting!
    instagram.com/klnumismatics

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 1:09PM

You have good luck @joeykoins .
    I am surprised the employees didn't snag them first.

• Options
    natetrooknatetrook Posts: 609 ✭✭✭

Awesome score.

Candidate for the "you suck" award....

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 1:54PM

Way cool score. Were there any mint marks mixed in?

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    You have good luck @joeykoins .
    I am surprised the employees didn't snag them first.

Me too! "Knowledge is King"

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 16, 2020 2:24PM

A) great score. My personal opinion is that in many areas the loose halves that people bring in that end up in the tellers trays have more chances for silver than shotgun rolls from the armored car companies.

B ) be careful thanking them. Let them know that you appreciate their support, but if they catch wind they are handing you a huge profit them expect someone there to start "collecting" coins.

C) sounds like you are using the same bank for borh getting and dumping coins. Not usually a good idea. Your hobby costs them money (ordering coin and shipping coin back to the armored car company). If you do it long and large enough someone will eventually shut you down.

• Options
    astroratastrorat Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    B ) be careful thanking them. Let them know that you appreciate their support, but if they catch wind they are handing you a huge profit them expect someone there to start "collecting" coins.

Also be aware that some banks frown on employees who do such 'exchanges' as the bank owns the coins and not the employee. The bank may view the 'favor' as taking profit away from the bank.

So ... you may want to quietly thank your friends at the bank.

Also ... congratulations! :)

Numismatist Ordinaire
    See http://www.doubledimes.com for a free online reference for US twenty-cent pieces
  • Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love the sound of silver on the counter.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBK said:
    A) great score. My personal opinion is that in many areas the loose halves that people bring in that end up in the tellers trays have more chances for silver than shotgun rolls from the armored car companies.

C) sounds like you are using the same bank for borh getting and dumping coins. Not usually a good idea. Your hobby costs them money (ordering coin and shipping coin back to the armored car company). If you do it long and large enough someone will eventually shut you down.

Great points.....especially "B."
    Try to be professional yet maintain a poker face........nothing against you (@joeykoins) but I have a sneaking suspicion that you may lack a poker face....😉

• Options

@mannie gray said:
    Try to be professional yet maintain a poker face........nothing against you (@joeykoins) but I have a sneaking suspicion that you may lack a poker face....😉

Yes, on all counts. :D

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

Christmas is coming up. Bank employees can’t accept money but everyone likes to eat.

• Options

What if you give them chocolate coins? >:)

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

it will be quick and not long if you use the same bank as your dump bank.

open an account at a bank with a coin machine. expect the machine to make tiny mistakes here and there.

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • Options

@JBK said:

Good Points A,B and C.
    You are correct on the difference between bank wrapped and teller handling
    Yes, I do show my appreciation by telling them, "You guy's (3 Tellers), are AWESOME!" and Yes, I will treat them with something.
    and lastly, No, I return my coins to 4 different banks. I am aware of any disturbance on my part.
    Thank You for the head's up. ;)

• Options

@JBK said:

What a GREAT idea, dude. ;)

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,896 ✭✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins said:

@JBK said:

What a GREAT idea, dude. ;)

Would that be considered "money laundering"? (sarcasm) 🤔

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    JimnightJimnight Posts: 10,813 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options

@johnny9434 said:
    Way cool score. Were there any mint marks mixed in?

Funny you ask that. I just checked for any RPM's or Ddo/Ddr. Nothing. That's ok. Easier for me to stack for junk silver cash in. Lol Nice profit.
    Spent =$3
    Silver value=$36

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,810 ✭✭✭✭✭

You go cowboy🤪

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    CoinHoarderCoinHoarder Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's wicked awesome Joey!

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,297 ✭✭✭✭✭

Doesn't matter where you live, doughnut holes from Dunkin' Doughnuts or the Doughnut Connection will make you a favorite customer of the bank workers.
    Jim

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options

Once again, went back to my bank. This time it wasn't for me or about me. It was for others. My wife and I set up a box of chocolate candy varieties. Mini bars of kit-kats, Hershey's, snickers...also, three normal sizes of raisinettes...Lol You get the picture. Yes, when I gave it to them they were so thankful and happy! Almost like I felt when they gave me that silver yesterday. Lol :D

• Options
    NumisOxideNumisOxide Posts: 10,989 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow great silver haul!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file