Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Are all WWII V75 eagle coins qualified for First Strike regardless of date and sealed boxes?

ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 6, 2020 8:04AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Given that the V75 gold and silver eagle coins sold out within minutes and less than 2 hours respectively, does or should PCGS allow First Strike labels at any time without requiring sealed boxes after 30 days?

Comments

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would think it doesn't matter for this issue. Then again, I don't think it matters for any other one either. .

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    privatecoinprivatecoin Posts: 3,190 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remember the 2019 S ERP was on sale months after the initial release. As the V75's are only marked as currently unavailable, not sold out, I would believe that the answer would be no as there could be others available months from now.

Paper money eventually returns to its intrinsic value. Zero. Voltaire. Ebay coinbowlllc

• Options
    messydeskmessydesk Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 6, 2020 9:26AM

@privatecoin said:
    Remember the 2019 S ERP was on sale months after the initial release. As the V75's are only marked as currently unavailable, not sold out, I would believe that the answer would be no as there could be others available months from now.

Yes, we'll need to monitor when they are marked as sold out vs. simply unavailable. I'm still hoping to pick up a gold...

• Options
    TurtleCatTurtleCat Posts: 4,594 ✭✭✭✭✭

There can be product returns or things of that nature that might cause sales later. I wouldn’t think a first strike or equivalent designation will add value but if someone has been building a set of just FS slabs then it would be good to send along quickly.

• Options
    ɹoʇɔǝlloɔɹoʇɔǝlloɔ Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭✭✭

no, they're unavailable, not sold out

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you are going to send it / them in after 30 days from yesterday or today, your box from the mint should be un-opened if you are not submitting immediately or within days of receipt.

Kept un-opened with shipping date visible there is no time limit on First Strike,
    https://pcgs.com/firststrike

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

With the gold coin total at 1945, are they not all 'first strike'? Not that it really matters, just curious. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file