Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

OT: Just when I was already fed up with year 2020....

AC000000AC000000 Posts: 251 ✭✭✭

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

“Bond. James Bond.”
“If he puts one of yours in the hospital. You put one of his in the morgue. That’s The Chicago Way!”
“He’s as dead as Julius Ceaser.

RIP Sean Connery, and thank you for your work.

Comments

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭

"i'll take the rapist for $200"

"what is the year 2020"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hElOag-1a0k

• Options
    erikthredderikthredd Posts: 8,265 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AC000000 said:
    https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54761824

“Bond. James Bond.”
    “If he puts one of yours in the hospital. You put one of his in the morgue. That’s The Chicago Way!”
    “He’s as dead as Julius Ceaser.

RIP Sean Connery, and thank you for your work.

“Losers always whine about their best. Winners go home and @#$* the prom queen.”

• Options
    IndianaJonesIndianaJones Posts: 346 ✭✭✭

I loved Sean Connery. My son broke the news to me several hours ago; I had been at work. His passing is very tough, though he lived a long, fruitful life. Back in the spring of '63, my sister took me to the little movie theater in Skokie, Illinois where we lived back then. I think she was dating one of the workers there. Anyway, I sat mesmerized by this new movie about a British secret service agent, James Bond. I was enthralled. Needless to say, "Dr. No" made a lasting impression on me.

I see where he passed away in Nassau, The Bahamas. Beautiful place; my parents took three vacations there and thoroughly loved the beauty and the people there.

I echo the words of the OP-----RIP, Sean Connery. Thank you for your work, indeed! You've been a wonderful part of my childhood, as a teen, as an ....., and even as an old man sharing your films with my son, who later shared his DVDs with me, who bought the entire BOND set from a lifetime friend who was dying of stomach cancer. I would also especially thank Sean for his great performance in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade. I know there are millions of us hurting bad right now....... --- Indiana Jones (Brian Powell)

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree, another sad day for 2020 RIP Sir Sean Connery.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭✭✭

I forgot to add one of my favorite movie lines from him "We named the dog Indiana!".

• Options
    BuckHunter68BuckHunter68 Posts: 392 ✭✭✭

Dam. Sad, sad, sad.

"You've gotta be a man to play this game...but you'd better have a lot of little boy in you, too"--Roy Campanella

• Options
    dad2cl3dad2cl3 Posts: 331 ✭✭✭✭

Very sad to hear of his passing. Love James Bond movies and used to love the annual movie marathon with my Dad years ago. Family legend says that Connery was my grandparents milkman in Edinburgh, Scotland.

Jason

• Options
    blurryfaceblurryface Posts: 5,136 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 8, 2020 2:14PM

@blurryface said:
    "i'll take the rapist for $200"

"what is the year 2020"

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hElOag-1a0k

as if it couldn't get anymore twisted....alex trebek passed a week after sean.

"2020" certainly has turned out to be "the rapist".

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,555 ✭✭✭✭✭

RIP alex. I remember watching him at my grandparents house as a kid. 2020 friggin sucks.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    JWBlueJWBlue Posts: 489 ✭✭✭

Suprised this didn't get more pub. Just learned from this thread.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 10, 2020 2:42AM

I had heard the news but just saw this thread.

How many of us learned how to be man from Sean Connery?

I don’t mean the killing of Russian agents, of course. But the confidence, the swagger, the signature cocktail, the card playing, the ability to throw and take a punch, the love of cars and planes and the love of sport: James Bond, personified by Sean Connery, shaped many a perception about masculinity and manhood for generations of movie goers.

As a film star, he is the last of his kind: a true movie star from Hollywood’s Golden Age who never lost a step, aged with grace, left the stage when the time was right and always hit the mark. And while he worked with the best of the best in Hollywood and portrayed a wide array of memorable characters in films like Marnie, The Great Train Robbery, Murder on the Orient Express, Highlander, The Hunt for Red October and Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, he will obviously be best remembered as the man who best personified Ian Fleming’s secret agent with a license to kill.

Bond. James Bond.

Given that this is the CU Forums, here is one of my favorite cards that I own, period, that captures perfectly how I will always remember him...

1965 James Bond Glidrose #19 - James Bond, Secret Service Agent 007

Rest In Peace 007

Sir Sean Connery (1930-1920)

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest