Home Sports Talk
Options

only the Atlanta Falcons

galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,149 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited October 26, 2020 9:29AM in Sports Talk

anyone see their latest gag job yesterday? this may have been the best one yet

if you're unaware, let me set the stage

they're down 14-16 with 1:04 left in the game. they are at Detroit's 10, 1st and goal. Detroit has no timeouts. in other words, the only way you should ever lose this game is if you attempt to pull off your best Atlanta Falcons impersonation. and seeing as they were already the Atlanta Falcons, what happened next came easy.

right on cue, Todd Gurley took a handoff and........wait for it.......wait for it.........decided the prudent move was to bust tackles and see how close he could come to the goal line before deciding to slam on the brakes. if you play for the Atlanta Falcons, OF COURSE you score a touchdown and leave Matt Stafford with time to make you pay.

then right on cue, the Lions said thank you very much and.........wait for it........wait for it..........marched right down the field and won on the final play of the game :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wM4iGmUhhDA

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've said it before, after 28-3 the Falcons have something in their head about finishing games.

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,023 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's the Falcons. They're just like USPS, they never deliver on Sundays. Nothing they do surprises me anymore.

• Options
    DrBusterDrBuster Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2020 9:52AM

We just suck. The only saving grace for me was having UGA Stafford/Swift on the winning end of the sh!tshow.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,759 ✭✭✭✭✭

Penn State made a similar bone head play like that.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's incredible to be a Lions fan and finally see Detroit on the winning side of a Lions-style screwup.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:
    It's incredible to be a Lions fan and finally see Detroit on the winning side of a Lions-style screwup.

I was on a different sports forum and Lions fans fans were saying that exact same thing.

It's a shame that Stafford has never had sustained success with a good team around him. He's a great QB and I know that he is very respected by his peers.

• Options
    JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭✭

I believe the Falcons have been leading very late in the game every contest this season. Can that be right?

• Options
    BillJonesBillJones Posts: 33,485 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Falcons have become very adept at losing games they should won. They need a killer attitude. At least the loser coach is gone, but they need to find a new one for next year.

Retired dealer and avid collector of U.S. type coins, 19th century presidential campaign medalets and selected medals. In recent years I have been working on a set of British coins - at least one coin from each king or queen who issued pieces that are collectible. I am also collecting at least one coin for each Roman emperor from Julius Caesar to ... ?
  • Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@Tabe said:

I was on a different sports forum and Lions fans fans were saying that exact same thing.

It's a shame that Stafford has never had sustained success with a good team around him. He's a great QB and I know that he is very respected by his peers.

Completely agree. Last year, he was playing like an MVP last year before getting hurt - 2500 yds and 19 TDs in half a season.

• Options
    2dueces2dueces Posts: 6,252 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Tabe said:

@thisistheshow said:

@Tabe said:

Completely agree. Last year, he was playing like an MVP last year before getting hurt - 2500 yds and 19 TDs in half a season.

Stafford on any other team would have been a lock for the HOF. He’s the consummate professional.

W.C.Fields
    "I spent 50% of my money on alcohol, women, and gambling. The other half I wasted.