Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Tell me about the upcoming Greenville show

YorkshiremanYorkshireman Posts: 4,494 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am itching to go to a coin show, masked and being careful about getting too close to folks.
For those of you in the Southeast, have you been to a Greenville show before? It is scheduled for next weekend.
I know it is smaller than the big regional shows in Dalton.
How does it usually compare with Chattanooga? I thought they might be similar.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.

Comments

• Options
    2ndCharter2ndCharter Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭✭✭

As the Treasurer of the SCNA, I can fill you in. As of right now, we are a "go" for next weekend. We'll have about 100 different dealer tables there along with a few club tables. It will include folks like ANA President Ellsworth along with other "name" dealers. With no Baltimore show in November, we've picked up a few bigger dealers because, as they put it, "we're the only game in town" and a smaller show is better than no show.

It will be a basic bourse setup - no YN programs, no Exhibits, and no Seminars. The following Virus protocols will be in place - mandatory masks, temperature checks upon arrival, everyone will have to sign a waiver, and distancing will be enforced. Of course, hand sanitizer all over the place.

If you have questions, please ask.

Member ANA, SPMC, SCNA, FUN, CONECA

• Options

@2ndCharter said:
    As the Treasurer of the SCNA, I can fill you in. As of right now, we are a "go" for next weekend. We'll have about 100 different dealer tables there along with a few club tables. It will include folks like ANA President Ellsworth along with other "name" dealers. With no Baltimore show in November, we've picked up a few bigger dealers because, as they put it, "we're the only game in town" and a smaller show is better than no show.

It will be a basic bourse setup - no YN programs, no Exhibits, and no Seminars. The following Virus protocols will be in place - mandatory masks, temperature checks upon arrival, everyone will have to sign a waiver, and distancing will be enforced. Of course, hand sanitizer all over the place.

If you have questions, please ask.

Thank you! While we live in Birmingham, I am trying to talk my wife into visiting her sister in nearby Walhalla.
    If I can talk her into the trip, I plan to see you there. I will come introduce myself.

Yorkshireman,Obsessed collector of round, metallic pieces of history.Hunting for Latin American colonial portraits plus cool US & British coins.
  • Options
    TiborTibor Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went to the show in Oct. 2019. A very well run show that was well attended. 100+ dealers
    with tables in attendence. ANACS is there and the rep. was very helpful and patient
    with me. For variety verification i use ANACS. I had about 35 VAM's and and didn't have to "jump thru
    hoops" with membership and countless levels of options. All of the dealers were friendly and
    took time to help the YN's. I know that the world situation is different with COVID19, but I
    would highly recommend this show. Attend both days so you can experience so you don't have
    to rush. Social distance, wear masks, wash hands/ hand sanitizer and stay safe. Safe travels
    to all that go. If you attend please post a show report and lots of pics of the show and your
    purchases.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 24, 2020 2:44PM

I'm planning on attending Friday morning. If you happen to be there then, please PM me before then and we can meet up!

I went last year (very well organized) and am glad there will be more national dealers present this year.

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    csdotcsdot Posts: 680 ✭✭✭✭

I have attended the SCNA show in the past and found it to be a good one because it draws dealers from multiple states. Many coins you can't find in smaller county club shows.

• Options

Should be a good show. Been there in the past. Ill be there on friday.

• Options

Fingers crossed I can get there!

• Options
    CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I went last year and will try to get there sometime on Friday.

As I recall, the best place to park is in the large lot across Eisenhower Drive. The venue is very large.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• Options
    LanceNewmanOCCLanceNewmanOCC Posts: 19,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

based on the commentary, you aren't talking about greenville oh?

<--- look what's behind the mask! - cool link 1/NO ~ 2/NNP ~ 3/NNC ~ 4/CF ~ 5/PG ~ 6/Cert ~ 7/NGC 7a/NGC pop~ 8/NGCF ~ 9/HA archives ~ 10/PM ~ 11/NM ~ 12/ANACS cert ~ 13/ANACS pop - report fakes 1/ACEF ~ report fakes/thefts 1/NCIS - Numi-Classes SS ~ Bass ~ Transcribed Docs NNP - clashed coins - error training - V V mm styles -

• Options
    opportunityopportunity Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭

Not to hijack your thread, but I'm wondering about Chattanooga in 3 weeks. Does anyone have any expectations of that show, maybe based on the results of Dalton back in August or something like that? I keep getting the sense that at shows, half the tables will be empty, but I see anecdotal reports otherwise.

Early American Copper, Bust and Seated.

• Options
    CatbertCatbert Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LanceNewmanOCC said:

based on the commentary, you aren't talking about greenville oh?

Greenville, SC.

There are 35 Greenville's in the US of A!

"Got a flaming heart, can't get my fill"
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to see the show will go on.... Please provide show reports.... all the goodies... Quality of hot dogs and mustard (did they have Grey Poupon?), bullion dealings, special acquisitions, business action good or bad, etc. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    calgolddivercalgolddiver Posts: 1,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 26, 2020 11:12AM

Location TD Convention Center, Greenville SC

Bourse hours are 10am to 6pm Fri-Sat. (October 30 & 31).

Sunday (November 1) Bourse hours are 10am to 3pm.

Top 25 Type Set 1792 to present

Top 10 Cal Fractional Type Set

successful BST with Ankurj, BigAl, Bullsitter, CommemKing, DCW(7), Elmerfusterpuck, Joelewis, Mach1ne, Minuteman810430, Modcrewman, Nankraut, Nederveit2, Philographer(5), Realgator, Silverpop, SurfinxHI, TomB and Yorkshireman(3)

• Options

Quality of hot dogs and mustard (did they have Grey Poupon?)

Sorry, there will be no food vendors present per the Covid-19 protocols. However, there are numerous fast food places within a mile or so of the Convention Center.

• Options

Continuous YN programs October 30 & 31 & November 1.

All the YN programs have been cancelled per the Covid-19 protocols. Read my post above for all activity changes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file